Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish soldier saved Adolf Hitler's life

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Irish soldier saved Adolf Hitler's life

Holy shit.
    They're having enough trouble with the Nazis as it is on this thread........... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056133973

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Whats going on here?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

fair play to yer man for saving the 2 lads lives

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Why does every thread have to turn into giving the nazis a hard time.
    Let's have a more balanced and unbiased view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Two Jewish women sheltered Herman Goering when he was injured in the Beer Hall Putsch.
    November 9, 1923: Goering participates in the so-called "Beer Hall Putsch' in Munich. Hitler and Goering are both injured, with Goering sustaining a serious bullet wound to the groin. Goering is initially sheltered by two Jewish women, who contact Karin. Karin, herself is ill with pneumonia, but she arranges for Goering to be spirited away to Austria; Goering, with Karin at his side, avoids arrest, but both are in terrible shape.
    http://gooring.tripod.com/goo47.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

mikom wrote: »
    Holy shit.
    They're having enough trouble with the Nazis as it is on this thread........... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056133973
    Ich bin nicht noch habe ich jemals eine nazi. Ich kann nicht duldet keinen von Hitlers Aktionen!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Leprecunt

Latchy wrote: »
    Didn't Adolf have Irish relations to ? pretty sure one of them was called Patrick to ( I'm not kidding )

Ah sure, Paddy Hitler, good lad he was. Bit of a trouble maker though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Ich bin nicht noch habe ich jemals eine nazi. Ich kann nicht duldet keinen von Hitlers Aktionen!!!!!!!!!

"Come, come pope Ratzinger, you derive just as much pleasure from Nazism as I do"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Hitler had nine lives, sure wasnt he nearly killed in a bombing in 1944 as well.

Only way he was ever gonna croak it was the way he ended up - doing it himself with a luger. (or as some say, killing his body double and sneaking off to Kilarney where he now serves pints at the ripe old age of a hundred and thirteen).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Kinda want to ask something else in a new thread that involves the swastika but perhaps I shouldn't!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Kinda want to ask something else in a new thread that involves the swastika but perhaps I shouldn't!

i think a lot of the nazi symbols was based on esotoric things like norse runes and the like. Hitler himself was a bit of a superstitious sort and even sent expiditions to find the yeti and the spear that pierced christs side at the crucifixion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Adolf Hitlers 1/2 brother Alois* moved to Dublin in 1909 where he worked as a waiter. He saved enough money to go to Liverpool and open a small restaurant where he met Bridget Elizabeth Dowling a young Irish actress and the daughter of a carpenter whom he married in London 1910 they had a son William Patrick Hitler in 1911 born in Liverpool.

*Alois was illegitimate (mother was Franziska Matzelsburger)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

If it's about Buddhism or Hinduism then post it but if it's about the Nazis and their use of the Swastika then it would be a wise decision not to start a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

steddyeddy wrote: »
    i think a lot of the nazi symbols was based on esotoric things like norse rnes and the like. Hitler himself was a bit of a superstitious sort and even sent expiditions to find the yeti and the spear that pierced christs side at the crucifixion.

The Swastika symbol originates in the Sub-continent and the Far East especially in Confucianism, I have seen some of the temples in Vietnam that date back centuries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

the_syco wrote: »
    Agreed. Hitlers health was going down like a lead ballon. Had someone healthy been in charge, they may have made some better military choices, such as not attacking Russia when he did, and fighting only the one front at a time. Had France been taken, and then Russia hit in the spring, the nuking of Japan may have not been seen as such a "final" part of the war to a healthy commander.

"What if" is not awlays a good thing. Sometimes, when one monster is killed, another one is awaiting just behind him.
    stalin was worse than hitler and churchill was a junkie psychopath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

mandrake04 wrote: »
    The Swastika symbol originates in the Sub-continent and the Far East especially in Confucianism, I have seen some of the temples in Vietnam that date back centuries
    vedic

• Registered Users Posts: 31,014 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

In other news...

Has Hitler been responcible for more saved lives than deaths?

Fr Fitzpatrick, is that you?

God it'd be great if Ireland had a Hitler, y'know - only if he didn't kill anyone. Not only would the public transport actually run on time, but our defense forces would be stylish as hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

God it'd be great if Ireland had a Hitler, y'know - only if he didn't kill anyone. Not only would the public transport actually run on time, but our defense forces would be stylish as hell!

..hmmm.....good awl One Ball Bertie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

steddyeddy wrote: »
    our history teacher used to tell us of a legend that hitlers half brother lived in ireland.

Not sure about that but he married an irishwoman called briget dowling and had a son william patrick hitler

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Not sure about that but he married an irishwoman called briget dowling and had a son william patrick hitler

I believe she was from Kilnamanagh iirc.

Advertisement