Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What race would you be?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

What about skeletal remains which could give information about their bone structure and even bog men.

From a DNA point of view it can deteriorate over time and a few skeletal remains might give a skewed point of view.
    Trying to attribute physical features to a specific group is a bit pointless imho. Physical features are inherited from both the male and female line obviously so a characteristic getting passed from mothers (which could be a charcteristic passed from an extinct male line to daughters) to sons could quite easily be perceived as something coming from the male line (from a genetic point of view) as most studies tend to focus on the y chromosome.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What about skeletal remains which could give information about their bone structure and even bog men.
    Well look at skeletal remains and you will see changes over time in the same local populations. Bog bodies dont generally preserve bone, just the soft tissues.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Wibbs wrote: »
    Well look at skeletal remains and you will see changes over time in the same local populations. Bog bodies dont generally preserve bone, just the soft tissues.

... and sometimes hair colour
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/01/images/060117_bog_photo_big.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Deceptacon....definitely deceptacon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Obviously I'd stay as a pasty white Irish lad but I would get a bit of laugh from being black.

I'd do the whole ignorant, militant angry black man thing for the craìc and just pull the racism card at every moment to make people uncomfortable:

Me: Would you like some tea?
    Them: Yea, sure
    Me: Black or white?
    Them: Oh, white. Can't drink tea without mi........
    Me: AND WHAT THE FÚCK IS WRONG WITH BLACK, MOTHERFÚCKER!?!
    Them: Eh....oh........I didn't mean it like tha.........
    Me: Then what, bitch? Black tea disgusts you!?! It not good enough for yo' cracka jack lips!?!
    Them: Bu.........
    Me: You just like everybody else, man, always looking down us!!
    Them: I think I'll just have a chocolate bikky...
    Me: Plain or dark?
    Them: ...............

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

Well i would like to be mixed race kiwi, canadian and indian.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Well i would like to be mixed race kiwi, canadian and indian.
    Brown and hairy on the outside, delicious and green on the inside?

OisinT wrote: »
    Brown and hairy on the outside, delicious and green on the inside?

lol, well iam not talking about the kiwi fruit i am talking about New Zealand people are known as kiwis.

lol, well iam not talking about the kiwi fruit i am talking about New Zealand people are known as kiwis.
    yeah, and the difference is...

yeah, and the difference is...

the difference is a mixture of races.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The jury's out on that one. It may be the original hair colour or it may be staining from the tannins. I mean the chap wasn't that dark/reddish in his skin colour in life.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

the difference is a mixture of races.

So part Canadian, part Indian and part delicious berry. I think I get you.

So part Canadian, part Indian and part delicious berry. I think I get you.

well i would go as far as to say the kiwi fruit is delicious

Advertisement