Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What race would you be?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭GizAGoOfYerGee

You Irish are all inbred facking pikeys. The most ugly people in the world. A fugly bunch.

I'd be ze fazzah race. Blont hair und zeh blue aies.

Yawhol zeh race discussion ist gud.

Serious: I don't think in terms of race, so I can't answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

If you could be any race in the world what would it be?
    The Gold Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

F1 :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Star Bingo wrote: »
    is kardashian a race?

....no, just their asses....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

id be a predator....be very ugly but have cool weapons and get to fight arnie and danny glover :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

You Irish are all inbred facking pikeys. The most ugly people in the world. A fugly bunch.

Must be a bit bitter that some lad over here gave his missus some prime Irish beef.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

american, californian preferably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 HayleyLyons1

anything apart from white, you see, the white man has no rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

The Anglo-Mediterraneans were meant to be the first people who inhabited the island. Many people in the West and the South-West of Ireland actually have physical traits similar to people on the Iberian Peninsula (specifically the Basque Country in modern Spain and France). This includes dark hair, dark eyes, sometimes dark skin and medium stature (A good example of an Anglo-Mediterranean would be Tom Jones. Although he is Welsh he's still a good example).

The 'Brünn' originated in Central Europe and migrated to the North Atlantic Archipelago (British Isles) thousands of years ago around the late Stone Age. They had mainly broad-medium stature with hair that ranged from dark brown to ginger, which was sometimes curly. It's thought that a majority of Irish people are Brünn or a mixture of Brünn and something else, particularly in the North West and West. A good example would be JFK and Colm Meaney.

Then the Celts arrived (I think it was the early Iron age). Most people think that a majority of Irish people are of Celtic ancestry, which isn't exactly true. The natives of the island simple assimilated to the culture of the Celts who were much more powerful. I believe some genetic studies state that the Irish Y-chromosome (which dictates male lineage) is very comparable to known Celtic tribal regions in Britain and especially Europe (such as Hallstatt and La Tène). Mitochondrial DNA (which dictates the female line) is not so comparable with these tribes. We could assume therefore that the Celts who arrived in Ireland were raiders (composed mainly of men) and either married or raped the female natives and settled.

The Vikings arrived in Ireland after 700 AD and were mainly Nordic, again almost always male raiders. Nordic people usually have blond to red hair with blue to green eyes. They also have a tall stature. People with Nordic characteristics can mainly be found in the East and North East. A lot of Nordic blood also came to Ireland with the arrival of the Anglo-Normans. The Normans were actually descendants of the Vikings.

A map of European races can be found here;

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4a/Passing_of_the_Great_Race_-_Map_4.jpg/800px-Passing_of_the_Great_Race_-_Map_4.jpg

Come on, anglo mediterranean is a vast generalisation!

• Advertisement

anything apart from white, you see, the white man has no rights.

..always one, isn't there...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Remmy wrote: »
    roots are Sicilian so...Sicilian;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I'ld like to be a bit of everything.

There should be a rule that you can't marry the person of the same race. It'ld be so cool. You could like go to every country in the world and brag about how you have a little bit of that country in yourself!

If you could be any race in the world what would it be?
    I think I'd be a native American Indian.

These definitions are so broad as to be meaningless, even "native American Indian" covers a multitude of different peoples who vary greatly in lifestyle/culture and physical appearance. 'Which nationality', though still a general term, is far closer to the mark. Not that ye give a shite, as you're only stirring.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

100m hurdles

or rat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dawwwg

I'd be a prime. ;) Heard they've got mega huge mechanical yokes down there :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Nodin wrote: »
    These definitions are so broad as to be meaningless, even "native American Indian" covers a multitude of different peoples who vary greatly in lifestyle/culture and physical appearance. 'Which nationality', though still a general term, is far closer to the mark. Not that ye give a shite, as you're only stirring.....
    I'm not stirring. You're paranoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Kryptonian, sent to earth in a over sized Ferrero Rocher to save the world! but I will mainly operate in a nondescript US city. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I love multiple choice. I now want to be a whole rainbow :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Those Nemedians and Fir Bolg seemed like bloody nice blokes.

Eh, where did that poll come from? Mysterious!
    There should really be a purple option though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

black,so my penis would finally look average rather than horrendously gigantic

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

I want to be a Gorilla, the specific ones from the West of the great land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

fontanalis wrote: »
    Come on, anglo mediterranean is a vast generalisation!
    Sorry, I meant Atlanto-Mediterranean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Wibbs wrote: »
    That's more likely but... There is absolutely no way of knowing what they looked like. These kind of things change rapidly over time, even diet can change it. Sometimes it just happens http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/article2324459.ece So working out ancestry by looking at "differences" like that is up there with phrenology as science.

What about skeletal remains which could give information about their bone structure and even bog men.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

I would like to be one third Algerian, one third Serbian(or anywhere in the Balkans) and one third Nordic. Or alternatively one third West African and two thirds Filipino mestizo.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Jamaican mon.

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Jamaican mon.
    That's a good one too. I'd love to look like Lil' Wayne or Bob Marley!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

North African, Morroco is sorta cool. Would love to live there someday... Amazing cities Fez, Tangier, Marrakech, Casablanca and all.

Advertisement