Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What race would you be?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ASVM

If you could be any race in the world what would it be?
    I think I'd be a native American Indian.
    Italian - Irish - a sense of fun combined with the artistic leaning - interesting !

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Spirited54321

Hmmm, maybe French, stereotypes at hand...an exscuse to drink plenty of red wine, i could eat loads of bread and cheese and stay skinny and i wouldn't care what any other race thinks of me coz i'd be french!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

A cracker ass, white devil, mother****er.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I'm half spic. My mother's from wetbackia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

A Paki.
    There's just something about goalkeepers from Donegal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I'd like an upper body of an Irish man (still) but a lower body of a black man.

Or more precisely, down to the knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

CorkMan wrote: »
    I'd like an upper body of an Irish man (still) but a lower body of a black man.

Or more precisely, down to the knees.

sexual deviance thread --->

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Weren't the Vikings the one's who brought the ugly to the country.
    Thought the Celts were meant to look like Swedes...?
    I remember reading that they think we actually originated from Spain.

The Anglo-Mediterraneans were meant to be the first people who inhabited the island. Many people in the West and the South-West of Ireland actually have physical traits similar to people on the Iberian Peninsula (specifically the Basque Country in modern Spain and France). This includes dark hair, dark eyes, sometimes dark skin and medium stature (A good example of an Anglo-Mediterranean would be Tom Jones. Although he is Welsh he's still a good example).

The 'Brünn' originated in Central Europe and migrated to the North Atlantic Archipelago (British Isles) thousands of years ago around the late Stone Age. They had mainly broad-medium stature with hair that ranged from dark brown to ginger, which was sometimes curly. It's thought that a majority of Irish people are Brünn or a mixture of Brünn and something else, particularly in the North West and West. A good example would be JFK and Colm Meaney.

Then the Celts arrived (I think it was the early Iron age). Most people think that a majority of Irish people are of Celtic ancestry, which isn't exactly true. The natives of the island simple assimilated to the culture of the Celts who were much more powerful. I believe some genetic studies state that the Irish Y-chromosome (which dictates male lineage) is very comparable to known Celtic tribal regions in Britain and especially Europe (such as Hallstatt and La Tène). Mitochondrial DNA (which dictates the female line) is not so comparable with these tribes. We could assume therefore that the Celts who arrived in Ireland were raiders (composed mainly of men) and either married or raped the female natives and settled.

The Vikings arrived in Ireland after 700 AD and were mainly Nordic, again almost always male raiders. Nordic people usually have blond to red hair with blue to green eyes. They also have a tall stature. People with Nordic characteristics can mainly be found in the East and North East. A lot of Nordic blood also came to Ireland with the arrival of the Anglo-Normans. The Normans were actually descendants of the Vikings.

A map of European races can be found here;

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4a/Passing_of_the_Great_Race_-_Map_4.jpg/800px-Passing_of_the_Great_Race_-_Map_4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

A black jew in order to possess the ultimate racist card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

i'd be a member of the traveling community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

The Anglo-Mediterraneans were meant to be the first people who inhabited the island. Many people in the West and the South-West of Ireland actually have physical traits similar to people on the Iberian Peninsula (specifically the Basque Country in modern Spain and France). This includes dark hair, dark eyes, sometimes dark skin and medium stature (A good example of an Anglo-Mediterranean would be Tom Jones. Although he is Welsh he's still a good example).

The 'Brünn' originated in Central Europe and migrated to the North Atlantic Archipelago (British Isles) thousands of years ago around the late Stone Age. They had mainly broad-medium stature with hair that ranged from dark brown to ginger, which was sometimes curly. It's thought that a majority of Irish people are Brünn or a mixture of Brünn and something else, particularly in the North West and West. A good example would be JFK and Colm Meaney.

Then the Celts arrived (I think it was the early Iron age). Most people think that a majority of Irish people are of Celtic ancestry, which isn't exactly true. The natives of the island simple assimilated to the culture of the Celts who were much more powerful. I believe some genetic studies state that the Irish Y-chromosome (which dictates male lineage) is very comparable to known Celtic tribal regions in Britain and especially Europe (such as Hallstatt and La Tène). Mitochondrial DNA (which dictates the female line) is not so comparable with these tribes. We could assume therefore that the Celts who arrived in Ireland were raiders (composed mainly of men) and either married or raped the female natives and settled.

The Vikings arrived in Ireland after 700 AD and were mainly Nordic, again almost always male raiders. Nordic people usually have blond to red hair with blue to green eyes. They also have a tall stature. People with Nordic characteristics can mainly be found in the East and North East. A lot of Nordic blood also came to Ireland with the arrival of the Anglo-Normans. The Normans were actually descendants of the Vikings.

A map of European races can be found here;

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4a/Passing_of_the_Great_Race_-_Map_4.jpg/800px-Passing_of_the_Great_Race_-_Map_4.jpg
    Thanks, that's a post and a half?
    So what would a good example of a Celt be?

Thanks, that's a post and a half?
    So what would a good example of a Celt be?

The Celts would have been comparable to the what is anthropologically known nowadays as 'Alpine' people or Western Slavs. So they would have looked like people from Austria, The Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungry, maybe like people from the former Yugoslavian republics. I can't think of anyone in particular right now who would typify what they would have looked like but mainly brown to red hair, dark eyes and medium to tall height.

Also here's a link to another forum with pictures of each type;

http://s1.zetaboards.com/anthroscape/topic/3194725/1/

Edit: Actual there's a lot on that forum, especially in the physical anthropology section: http://s1.zetaboards.com/anthroscape/forum/157107/

The Celts would have been comparable to the what is anthropologically known nowadays as 'Alpine' people or Western Slavs. So they would have looked like people from Austria, The Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungry, maybe like people from the former Yugoslavian republics. I can't think of anyone in particular right now who would typify what they would have looked like but mainly brown to red hair, dark eyes and medium to tall height.

Also here's a link to another forum with pictures of each type;

http://s1.zetaboards.com/anthroscape/topic/3194725/1/
    Would this be me then?
    I have blond hair, green/brown eyes but dark black beard...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Black asian.

Massive cock with ultimate fighting ability.

Would this be me then?
    I have blond hair, green/brown eyes but dark black beard...?

You'd be either Keltic-Nordic or Brünn-Nordic. It would depend on your height too and sometimes on the structure of your skull (for example if you have a round face you'd probably be more Brünn-Nordic and if you had a long face with high cheek bones then you'd be Keltic-Nordic).

Mary McAleese, for example would be Brünn-Nordic,
    Bob Geldof would be Keltic-Nordic

You'd be either Keltic-Nordic or Brünn-Nordic. It would depend on your height too and sometimes on the structure of your skull (for example if you have a round face you'd probably be more Brünn-Nordic and if you had a long face with high cheek bones then you'd be Keltic-Nordic).

Mary McAleese, for example would be Brünn-Nordic,
    Bob Geldof would be Keltic-Nordic
    I think I'm Bob Geldof then. Or maybe kind of mutt between the two.
    Still want to be the Chief though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

A bit of everything in the salad bowl.

I think I'm Bob Geldof then. Or maybe kind of mutt between the two.
    Still want to be the Chief though :P

Also, I'm really worried about you TeddyTedson. First you create a thread about Race, then a thread in which you condone some of Hitler's actions. Perhaps this site would be more suited for you.

.... And now back to physical anthropology.

Also, I'm really worried about you TeddyTedson. First would create a thread about Race, then a thread in which you condone some of Hitler's actions. Perhaps this site would be more suited for you.
    I'm not clicking that as it probably some Nazi thing. I wasn't condoning Hitler at all. Don't know what was wrong with asking what I did?

I'm not clicking that as it probably some Nazi thing. I wasn't condoning Hitler at all. Don't know what was wrong with asking what I did?

---> All those questions and more can be answered at stormfront.org (an evil Nazi forum full of Nazi Hillbillies).

• Advertisement

They'd kill me for wanting to be the Chief!

Off to bed, can't believe it's nearly 04:36 :(
    There goes my early night!

They'd kill me for wanting to be the Chief!

Off to bed, can't believe it's nearly 04:36 :(
    There goes my early night!

Well you'd be in for a shock there now teddy, it's actually 5:40.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

neanderthal :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Australian . There so relaxed

Australian . There so relaxed

And all descendants of prisoners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

And all descendants of prisoners.

ahh that was a long time ago. their good now. well their as good as the rest of the world. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ancient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Part black, part Cherokee and part Irish. Then I might look like one my favourite musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

If you could be any race in the world what would it be?
    I think I'd be a native American Indian.

theirs only one race...

lol jk

i wanna be human :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nope. DNA studies show this to be incorrect. There may be some relict DNA from really old immigrants to these islands, that may share some ancestry with Basques and earlier Europeans, but its looking increasingly unlikely.
    The 'Brünn' originated in Central Europe and migrated to the North Atlantic Archipelago (British Isles) thousands of years ago around the late Stone Age.
    That's more likely but...
    They had mainly broad-medium stature with hair that ranged from dark brown to ginger, which was sometimes curly.
    There is absolutely no way of knowing what they looked like. These kind of things change rapidly over time, even diet can change it. Sometimes it just happens http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/article2324459.ece So working out ancestry by looking at "differences" like that is up there with phrenology as science.
    Nope. Neither Y nor Mito DNA show much in the way of "Celt" in modern Irish. Then again the definition of Celt is all over the place. Even back in classical times, both the Romans and the Greeks seemed hard pressed to give a definite location for them. Some writers have them in southern France northern Spain(so might be basque), others have them around the Danube area. "Celt" is a loose description of various European cultures, with more similarities than differences, but genetically could be miles apart. Much like "Roman" didn't mean Italian. The Celtic stuff is mostly a Victorian fancy and invention.
    More Victoriana I see. The genetic map looks a bit different. http://www.medgadget.com/archives/img/ancestor_map_x220.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement