Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good timing CL.

You promised cake when you moved into your new house. Where is this cake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

TRR wrote: »
    How are you fixed for Monday meno? I'm on your side now, seen as you are a fellow club mate and also CL has been slagging me and our club off. Don't let us down!

Please, TRR, if you insist on being party to this thread, I would be grateful if you would endeavour to employ correct grammar and not that of the kind spoken by your clubmates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

claralara wrote: »
    Please, TRR, if you insist on being party to this thread, I would be grateful if you would endeavour to employ correct grammar and not that of the kind spoken by your clubmates.

That's rich coming from somebody who has issues with reading, writing and basic mathematical skills.

Ok so credit where credit's due... "I'm CL; and I ate meno's dust in the National Half Marathon on Monday". Despite the laces-gate opportunity of passing him, my kaboom at about 8.5 miles gave him the chance to trundle on ahead and make about 100m on me. (I could definitely have done with a gel but they haven't been going down well so need to start experimenting for DCM). I got a bit of a second wind but he beat me by 6 seconds in the end. If only the course had been measured by the midlands half guys....think i could have reeled him in over a further few hundred metres!

I had been hoping to run 1:26:30 ish but finished in 1:27:17. Still happy though as I found it a tough run and it is still a good 30+ second PB. It was the closest I've come in a long long time to really wanting to give up and really considering dropping back but there was obviously a stronger force at play which a positive sign in itself i suppose! Our ladies team ran well and stuck fairly well together but no medals unfortunately.

Good to catch up with some boardsies - some good runs and some great runs out there!

Good timing CL.

You promised cake when you moved into your new house. Where is this cake?

In classic digdig and cl style, we're on the move again... i actually have a good excuse for the cake fail... ever tried baking marbled brownies on a bbq?! Well, the lack of a functioning oven would have called for this. I did make some nice raw vegan-esque bars but i wouldn't be parading them as a treat!! I'll experiment with a .GF recipe for you - maybe for meno's house warming?! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

In classic digdig and cl style, we're on the move again...

It seems nobody likes a caravan on the side of their road, huh??:D

belcarra wrote: »
    It seems nobody likes a caravan on the side of their road, huh??:D

Don't know why - it's a dead fancy one that digs got on the cheap for me last Christmas - i think the tricolour paint work and the COYBIG logo fits right in in foxrock village...?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭blockic

Ok so credit where credit's due... "I'm CL; and I ate meno's dust in the National Half Marathon on Monday". Despite the laces-gate opportunity of passing him, my kaboom at about 8.5 miles gave him the chance to trundle on ahead and make about 100m on me. (I could definitely have done with a gel but they haven't been going down well so need to start experimenting for DCM). I got a bit of a second wind but he beat me by 6 seconds in the end. If only the course had been measured by the midlands half guys....think i could have reeled him in over a further few hundred metres!

Well done on the race. A PB is a PB!! All systems go now for DCM, after you finish off all those goodies that is! ;) You should join us in Athlone for the HM next month!

Sure this was only the warm up anyway, meno will be eating your dust by half an hour in DCM! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

So...here we are, the last day of July, and the cost of DCM goes up tomorrow and I’m stoney broke from the last 2 months of fun and games, and well, it’d be rude not to... 89 days to CL’s next goal..bring it on!

Whats your target time?
    Also Im a little disturbed to see that you're now referring to yourself in the third person. Theres another (slightly mad) poster on here who also refers to himself in such a manner.......just saying thats all.

tunguska wrote: »
    Whats your target time?
    Also Im a little disturbed to see that you're now referring to yourself in the third person. Theres another (slightly mad) poster on here who also refers to himself in such a manner.......just saying thats all.

Ha. CL's training involves taking on a whole new persona of 3rd person arrogance like the third person himself...

Re DCM - the target is 2:58. There! I've said it!! Shi-ite :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Ha. CL's training involves taking on a whole new persona of 3rd person arrogance like the third person himself...

I'm sure you'd be gutted with 2:58:01...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭blockic

menoscemo wrote: »

Nice Tallaght scalp for us in the senior mens! ;) Didn't check the masters for your result... :pac: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

blockic wrote: »
    Nice Tallaght scalp for us in the senior mens! ;) Didn't check the masters for your result... :pac: :)

We're not much of a seniors club. It's all Juniors and masters. Looks like our over 50's have done well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Feck off. We are missing a 2.16 marathon runner, a 13.5x 5k runner and TRR ;)
    We're not much of a seniors club. It's all Juniors and masters. Looks like our over 50's have done well...

You're getting a fcuk off instead of a feck off. We were 3rd in Dublin 10 mile champs last year (should have won it except for convenient rule change) and 5th in national marathon champs. We have a good senior set up that will only get better.

Oh yeah, we'll done CL, delighted your PB contributed towards a national team bronze. Was only back in January I seen you help your team win a meet and train xc gold. Now that's progress boys and girls!! Regards the marathon goal, you're more than capable and we all know you have the hunger to do the training. All you need is a bit of luck to stay injury free and get a good day. Look after the training and the rest is in the lap of the running gods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

TRR wrote: »
    You're getting a fcuk off instead of a feck off. We were 3rd in Dublin 10 mile champs last year (should have won it except for convenient rule change) and 5th in national marathon champs. We have a good senior set up that will only get better.

Haha true, but our over 50s win absolutely everything; anyway there'll be no more senior titles for you anymore ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I can't see any reference to someone called claralara there!? :confused:;):D

Well done Foot... That's another medal for your aul fella's collection ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Would have smoked you guys if they didn't score me in the over 35's and one of our over guys in the older 50's - oh btw nice National Bronze CL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

In classic digdig and cl style, we're on the move again... i actually have a good excuse for the cake fail... ever tried baking marbled brownies on a bbq?! Well, the lack of a functioning oven would have called for this. I did make some nice raw vegan-esque bars but i wouldn't be parading them as a treat!! I'll experiment with a .GF recipe for you - maybe for meno's house warming?! ;)

Rumour has it that you are on the move because you need a spare room to put all those medals in;)

Massive congrats CL, you have had a fantastic year, very well deserved results of all your hard work. Next stop DCM (after Athlone for more dust-eating competition:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Best of luck with the training O. The way you continue to improve I'm sure it'll be no bother to you :D

• Advertisement

drquirky wrote: »
    Would have smoked you guys if they didn't score me in the over 35's and one of our over guys in the older 50's - oh btw nice National Bronze CL!!!

Well done Tallaght...for what I don't know...?! I do feel your pain - whilst i am delighted with my bronze medal, I can't help thinking that if only I'd run 17 minutes faster and if there had been no ladies in front of me and if I'd incorrectly been placed in the over 50 category, then I would definitely have gotten a gold M035 team medal.... :rolleyes: ;)

Best of luck with the training O. The way you continue to improve I'm sure it'll be no bother to you :D

Cheers! Well we all know that thr marathon is a beast that can go any way on the day but fingers and toes crossed that training goes according to plan and the body holds up etc! It's gonna be an interesting 11 weeks from Monday :)

Marthastew wrote: »
    Rumour has it that you are on the move because you need a spare room to put all those medals in;)

Massive congrats CL, you have had a fantastic year, very well deserved results of all your hard work. Next stop DCM (after Athlone for more dust-eating competition:))

Why thank you my dear :)

Now back to the insults and bullying please. I perform better off the back of confidence bashing and self deprecating :D

For now though - I am about to embark on a 3.5 day binge of heart-attack-inducing meals, the Jesus juice of the red grape and the delights of the cocoa bean! Either I've been a very good girl or Digdig has done something very bold that can't be forgiven with a half price bunch of flowers from the local garage.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Jeez, we don't hear from CL for months and now we can't shut her up.

:)

Congrats to you and the team.

Jeez, we don't hear from CL for months.

There are people who would pay good money for that pleasure! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

For now though - I am about to embark on a 3.5 day binge of heart-attack-inducing meals, the Jesus juice of the red grape and the delights of the cocoa bean!

I think maybe you're the George Best of sportsworld. Who knows what you could accomplish if only you could reign in your chocolate and alcohol issues.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I think maybe you're the George Best of sportsworld. Who knows what you could accomplish if only you could reign in your chocolate and alcohol issues.....

On the other hand, she might be crap without them! ;)

(Well done, lady cl!! Move over boys, the 2:58 train is locked and loaded!! in more ways than one!) :)

I suspect I would have felt a lot better yesterday morning than I actually did and that my hilly 18 miles on Sunday would have been a little more comfortable...BUT I would definitely not have enjoyed my weekend away half as much! ;)

All joking aside, I have thought and talked about this/that/my habits no end over the last 12 months and the overwhelming feeling that I keep coming back to is that life is short and I run for fun (well maybe for slightly more than just fun).. Running isn't my career (every Sunday night and Monday through Friday reminds me of that). I sacrifice plenty for my running goals and whilst I understand the joy and elation of hitting a goal, i really do enjoy a nice dinner and dessert or a couple of drinks with a dvd. I generally eat very well and have plenty of good habits and I will certainly be more cognisant of 'behaving' over the next 11 weeks (maybe a little stricter 3/4 weeks out) but I can't help but think I'd probably grow to resent training and racing if i deprived myself of my Georgie-ness...

Does that make sense without sounding smartarsed or evasive?

I am, by the way, always open to nuggets on fueling/sleeping/training/recovering more effectively so if anyone wants to open a discussion fire ahead :)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    On the other hand, she might be crap without them! ;)

(Well done, lady cl!! Move over boys, the 2:58 train is locked and loaded!! in more ways than one!) :)

Choo choo!! Antioxidants FTW :D : D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Talking about George Best.....

Please see main forum for an A/R/T Fantasy Premier League code if anyone is interested in joining... Season starts this weekend!

Advertisement