Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Differences in how attraction works for men v women

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Sounds like a load of generalised nonsense to me based on assumption and presumption. It's certainly not my experience that the "majority" of women fall for any particular kind of guy - ime it tends to be guys that assume the majority of women fall either for them or from witnessing one of their successful mates. As above, what they don't see is all the girls who wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

All 7 of them? As in there are 7 smart kind hearted girls who are actually trustworthy and respectable? Sorry, as we're in tLL can I ask you to clarify what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Reward

Look at what the male and female attraction communities/industries tell us.

The female attraction industry is mainly about using looks to increase attractiveness.

The male attraction industry is mainly about using psychological traits to increase attractiveness.

Both run on a mixture of theory, pseudo and hard science and proven field results.

I'm as shallow as a flooded saucer, have to fancy the lady physically, even that's not enough to he honest, has to be sort of a zing too or else I'm not interested. Thing is though when the zing is there I'm not at all confident and confident so it's not ideal :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I think looks matter on both sides and there's nothing wrong with that. People are always trying to say they don't, and maybe they matter to differing degrees for guys v girls, but they do matter and I don't think that's a bad thing.

It's when they seem to be the only thing that the opposite sex finds attractive about you that you have to worry ;) Though with a bit of effort you can weed those out pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭colc1

liah wrote: »
    Personally, the more interesting thing to me is whether or not men and women process attraction differently, not so much "what are you attracted by."

In my experience as a female I tend to 'appreciate' when I see a good-looking person rather than sexualize. I'm not entirely sure how to clarify this properly, but I don't get turned on by just sight unless I'm already involved with them somehow, so when I notice someone who's good looking it's basically "wow, they're gorgeous/beautiful," it's basically the same as if I were to look at a piece of art or something, then my train of thought would shift to a different topic altogether. Sexual thoughts don't come into it off the mark like that, there needs to be something else.

From how a lot of men talk it seems the opposite, but those men talk big, so I really don't know if there is a difference-- but going on that talk it seems, upon seeing someone attractive, the connection is very quickly made back to something sexual.

I really don't know. I can only speak for myself and what I've seen/heard. I hope what I've surmised about how men go about it is proven wrong.

I did you've hit the nail as a bloke... Its a bit depressing someone is thinking of me like a piece of art though : ( haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement