Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 17 Thread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

eagle eye wrote: »
    Go on then tell me what players you have seen do it?
    Anquan Boldin does it after every TD

He is the fastest player to 600 receptions and when he achieved this he handed the ball to a young girl in the stands.
    However stadium security took the ball from her, boooooo! :p
    They gave her a replacement ball though

They wanted the ball, whether it's for the Ravens collection or going to Canton I forgot. They wanted the ball due to the record

TJ Housh scored a TD against the Steelers and handed the ball to their fans. They were appreciative too and shook his hand. Nice to see despite the rivalry

Hazys wrote: »
    Thats why you never see a player chuck the ball into the stands (even if they are at home) and why its rare for you to see players hand the ball to a fan.

0:26 of this
    I suppose players get overcome with emotion at times and forget.
    Hell if I scored with the last play of the game I'd probably do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 17,093 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

fisgon wrote: »
    Can't really say I share this sentiment. I have nothing against the Seahawks, and they deserved their win on the night, but through the season they have ranged from mediocre to downright awful. There aren't many worse teams than them in the whole NFL, and to see them hosting a playoff game now leaves a bit of a bad taste.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Neil3030 wrote: »
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

Or, if you're not as eloquent as Neil here, in the division of shít, sucky ass teams, the one who sucks the least will finish 1st because someone has to.

Jus' saying. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Just finished watching the Seahawks-Rams game. Pretty dire stuff tbh with suitably poor officials. Long-term you've got to fancy the Rams to be strong over the coming years - a couple of decent WRs and they would have won tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭spillit67

It is done all the time, but obviously when it's done by a Patroits players it makes it extra special! :rolleyes:

I really can't wait till they go back to being a mediocre Franchise. No doubt this eagleeye fella will bemoan Bill Pollian as the cause whenever it happens.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

eagle eye wrote: »
    Go on then tell me what players you have seen do it?

:pac:

Serioualy? Happens every week.

Kellen Winslow also did it on Sunday

giddyup wrote: »
    Atmosphere was amazing.

Yep, there is always incredible noise and atmosphere in Qwest

Which is why I was suprised about that poll that a majority of fans in Seattle would rather miss the playoffs and get a high draft pick.
    Seattle have great fans but they went down a few pegs in my estimation over that.
    According to results from an online Seattle Times poll, the answer is no. This bears repeating: they'd rather the Seahawks lose to the Rams and miss the playoffs. Some "no" voters probably just find a playoff berth pointless for this team, while others are likely thinking about which pick the Seahawks will get in the 2011 draft. The Times' Danny O'Neil, though, puts that in perspective:

The same story was posted a few times on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Which is why I was suprised about that poll that a majority of fans in Seattle would rather miss the playoffs and get a high draft pick.
    Seattle have great fans but they went down a few pegs in my estimation over that.

I wonder how many of them were true Seattle fans? Polls can be very selective, I wouldn't pay much heed to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i can understand it to be honest, in fact i think it suggests a smarter fan and more dedicated fan, they would rather suffer now and be a winning team in the long run then get into the playoffs through a fluke of the rules

it is of course distasteful to suggest deliberately losing a game but lets say the team that gets the pick they would have gotten if they lost manages to find an absolute star, a game changer who carries the franchise for 5 years then what is that (probable) first round knockout in the playoffs this year worth?

• Advertisement
Advertisement