Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 17 Thread

Options
  • 30-12-2010 9:17pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Sunday 2 January 2011
    Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots
    Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets
    Cincinnati Bengals @ Baltimore Ravens
    Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cleveland Browns
    Oakland Raiders @ Kansas City Chiefs
    Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions
    Carolina Panthers @ Atlanta Falcons
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New Orleans Saints
    Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans
    Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles
    New York Giants @ Washington Redskins
    San Diego Chargers @ Denver Broncos
    Arizona Cardinals @ San Francisco 49ers
    Chicago Bears @ Green Bay Packers
    Tennessee Titans @ Indianapolis Colts
    St Louis Rams @ Seattle Seahawks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Some pretty pointless games I'm afraid to say, but the season has been a rollercoaster ride up to now!

Wonder if Pats will rest Tom Brady considering they have the bye. Kansas and Oakland could be a good game, even though they've bagged the division they are bitter rivals...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

St Louis Rams @ Seattle Seahawks for game of the week I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭49ers fan

Would agree about Rams-Seahawks game, should be a good one. Ragin the Niners couldnt even muster some effort last week to set up a 3 way shootout this week:mad: Was reading this morning that Alex Smith is starting again, the San Fran QB merry go round continues........Reckon the Bears-Packers game could be good aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

darragh16 wrote: »
    Some pretty pointless games I'm afraid to say, but the season has been a rollercoaster ride up to now!
    There are always those games in the last week. However, there are more games with playoff implications than usual. Not just playoff spots but home field byes. There's a big difference for one of either Baltimore or Pittsburgh to finish atop their division and earn the first round bye and home game the second week of playoffs. Many games are involved in the NFC wild card race. Then of course you've got the Rams and Seahawks who are playing not just for a home game in the first round but for survival.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

If Seattle wins, they win the division with 7-9 and host a play-off game. Am I right in saying this is the first time ever for a losing team to make the postseason?

• Advertisement

Pherekydes wrote: »
    If Seattle wins, they win the division with 7-9 and host a play-off game. Am I right in saying this is the first time ever for a losing team to make the postseason?

Yes, first time for a full season

A few teams have made the playoffs at 8-8, most recently the Chargers did it two years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭davetherave

Yup, there have been a few .500 teams @ 8-8
    08 Chargers, 06 Giants, 04 Rams, 04 Vikings, 99 Cowboys, 99 Lions, 91 Jets, 90 Saints, 85 Browns

Hypothetically it would be possible for a winless team to get to the playoffs if all four teams went 0-10-6. Tie against their three division opponents and lose everything else. :D :eek:

Yeah they will, thats why I was sick that San Francisco didn't show up last week, a win last Sunday and this week and they would have gone through due to their record against their Divisional opponents, albeit 7-9 aswell, didnt say I was proud...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Looks like Hasselbeck could be starting the biggest game this weekend.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/31/hasselbeck-takes-snaps-at-practice-friday-may-start/

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Hawks Rams is a 5.20 local start which is unusual for up here. Starting late because it was made the main national SNF game after last weeks results. I will be there to represent the Boards Hawks fans (Sect 308, Row DD :)).

My prediction...we will make NFL history tomorrow and then put Drew Brees on his arse next week in 1st rd of playoffs.

It is what it is. Happy to take it after last 2 seasons.

• Advertisement

giddyup wrote: »
    Hawks Rams is a 5.20 local start which is unusual for up here. Starting late because it was made the main national SNF game after last weeks results. I will be there to represent the Boards Hawks fans (Sect 308, Row DD :)).

My prediction...we will make NFL history tomorrow and then put Drew Brees on his arse next week in 1st rd of playoffs.

It is what it is. Happy to take it after last 2 seasons.

Hilarious scenario: Seattle beats the Rams, hosts and beats the Saints, then shocks the Bears and then HOSTS the NFC Championship game (against the Packers, of course :pac:).

Hilarious scenario: Seattle beats the Rams, hosts and beats the Saints, then shocks the Bears and then HOSTS the NFC Championship game (against the Packers, of course :pac:).

Then we destroy the Packers and beat the Ravens in the Super Bowl?

Then we destroy the Packers and beat the Ravens in the Super Bowl?

Eh, no. But they do set a different type of record in the NFC championship game.

Packers over the Patriots in the SB.

Eh, no. But they do set a different type of record in the NFC championship game.

Packers over the Patriots in the SB.

Yeah, I thought it was far fetched. I'd settle for being divison champs I guess in this rebuilding year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Devin McCourty with another interception that leads to another Brady to Gronk TD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Redzone not working for anybody else? All I'm getting is a radio type stream.

Redzone working fine on gamepass

The radio stream you're getting is NFL Network, goes to that during game time

Working now.

Sweet, have Gronkawski as my TE in Fantasy League this week..:)

49ers fan wrote: »
    Sweet, have Gronkawski as my TE in Fantasy Leauge this week..:)

I hate Week 17 games. I have one more championship game which I thought I won last week, but turns out it was a two-legged final! Lot of my big names won't feature much today so had to raid the waiver wire quite a bit :o

Edit: Damn, Pats turnover. That hasn't happened in so long. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Bucs on tv.

Life is good.

Devin McCourty is such a beast. A serious candidate for the Defensive Rookie, although it will probably go to Suh.

What a play from Edelman !!

1st and Goal for the Pats

TD Lawfirm :D

Yeah, I know what you mean, with so many big names sitting out this week, made it a bit frantic, only just changed to Brees at last minute as my QB....which looks good right now..TD:D

Pats are something else. Unstoppable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    What a play from Edelman !!

1st and Goal for the Pats

TD Lawfirm :D

Nice to see Edelman involved on that drive. I was expecting him to be more of a factor this season but maybe he will be in the playoffs.

Bucs have used all of their time outs. Early in the second quarter. I'm not that knowledgeable about the game but it's a tad surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

That_Guy wrote: »
    Bucs have used all of their time outs. Early in the second quarter. I'm not that knowledgeable about the game but it's a tad surprising.

Not really that unusual for the Bucs. Rah likes to burn them early

Poor call I thought as well....:confused:

• Advertisement

Nice Def. there, might be glad of a TO now...:D

Advertisement