Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 17 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Huge turnover there. Hawks need to chew up the clock here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Kill that fcuking clock

Worst ball spot ever!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Horrible call from the officals on that spot

That was never a 1st down

Wow, criminal being offside there, should be game over now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Terrible by the Rams to give away that encrochment penalty and also terrible call by the officials to give that first down spot earlier in the drive

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The NFC west(in all it's forms) has six lombardi's resting in it which would be up there with the most. five 49ers and one rams.
    NFC East has 11 and thats with the teams that are currently in it.

The AFC North has 7 as things currently stand but a lot more than that if you go in all its forms. The AFC East has 7 too and more if you go in all its forms.

Unbelievable.
    Divison title and playoffs in Carroll's first year.

NFC West Champions 2010

Fcuk the begrudgers.

Absolutely delighted for Pete Carroll and the Seahawks. This is great for them and will lead to the team improving a lot next year as this team will believe in Pete Carroll and their own ability and that they can be a championship team.

I wanted two teams besides the Patriots to make the playoffs and they were the Chiefs and Seahawks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Any idea if Hasselbeck will start next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,093 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Any idea if Hasselbeck will start next week?

More than likely. Check seahawks.com Tuesday morning for Carroll's monday press conference, he'll prob confirm it then.

Great to see Seattle get the division title. Interesting to hear a poll taken in Seattle said most locals would have preferred to lose tonight so as to get a higher draft pick. I wonder if they still think that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

He looked loose in the pre-game and was active today so I imagine he'll be there if needed, but that performance from Whitehurst will give the Seahawks at least a moment's thought. They'll surely want to make a swift decision with a game coming up in less than six days, though.

Oh, and Tom Brady's hair just got knocked down to number two on the Head & Shoulders chart!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Hilarious scenario: Seattle beats the Rams, hosts and beats the Saints
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Unbelievable atmosphere in Seattle for this one. Whatever gripes people have about the NFC West, those fans deserve a trip to the playoffs for the shift they put in.

Atmosphere was amazing. I normally go for a stroll and hit the concessions during a game but we did not leave our seats. I promised my 6yr old some candy floss and even she wasn't too disappointed that we didn't go down for it.

Been to lots of great sport but there are few sounds like "Sea-hawks...Sea-hawks...Sea-hawks" in Qwest.

Can't wait for the party next Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

eagle eye wrote: »
    NFC East has 11 and thats with the teams that are currently in it.

The AFC North has 7 as things currently stand but a lot more than that if you go in all its forms. The AFC East has 7 too and more if you go in all its forms.

Come on, pro football didn't start in 1967.

giddyup wrote: »
    Atmosphere was amazing. I normally go for a stroll and hit the concessions during a game but we did not leave our seats. I promised my 6yr old some candy floss and even she wasn't too disappointed that we didn't go down for it.

Been to lots of great sport but there are few sounds like "Sea-hawks...Sea-hawks...Sea-hawks" in Qwest.

Can't wait for the party next Saturday.

I'm not jealous one bit......:(

This is from today, you never see guys doing this and I mean what a special moment for this kid.

Huh? Handing a ball to a supporter? Would have thought it commonplace.

At Lambeau they go one step further with player (with or without ball) ending up in the middle of the fans. I appreciate that the bond between Packers players and fans may be unlike any other, but (and not having a go at the Pats, just a general observation) it's kinda depressing to think that handing a ball over is seen as some gesture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It is done all the time, but obviously when it's done by a Patroits players it makes it extra special! :rolleyes:

It is done all the time, but obviously when it's done by a Patroits players it makes it extra special! :rolleyes:
    Go on then tell me what players you have seen do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I remember seeing Tony Gonzalez do it a couple of times, Brandon Marshall did it in his 21 catch game for Denver in 09, Tebow did it against Houston coming off the pitch...

It doesn't happen all the time but you definitely see it happen enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I can't think of any off the top of my head, can't think of any player who has spiked a ball either but it happens. Pretty sure Jacoby Ford has done it once this season and I think Schillen's did it last season too.

Jeremy Shocky likes to hand the ball off to someone too, in fact it's fairly common these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Pretty sure Jacoby Ford has done it once this season and I think Schillen's did it last season too.

Ford has definitely done it at least once this season already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Dre Bly did it too

AP also did it earlier this year:

439x.jpg

So did Boldin, earlier this year:

bilde?Site=BL&Date=20101225&Category=SPORTS02&ArtNo=12250322&Ref=V2&MaxW=180&Border=0

Sanchez also

90706828.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D06A6A4B674A1DD707DDFEE17F21940187C63A3E78FE8C0A25E30A760B0D811297&t=1

Rodney Harrison years ago (You'd think EE would have seen that one!)

1105928117_5259.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Just FYI Giving the ball to the fans after a TD is discouraged by the NFL, because players used to fling the ball into the stands and people would fight for the ball. The NFL has fined and will fine players for throwing the ball into the crowd after a TD.

Thats why you never see a player chuck the ball into the stands (even if they are at home) and why its rare for you to see players hand the ball to a fan. Most players when they get into the endzone, just fling the ball off the walls in the heat of the moment rather than chuck it into the crowd.

The last person i remember getting fined for chucking a ball into the crowd was when Corey Dillion was back with in Cincinnati with the Pats. He scored a TD and in a gesture of fustration of years of playing with the Bengals, he flung the ball into the home crowd. The crowd just threw the ball back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Rams got caught for having a far too conservative playbook to help Bradford. Didn't help either that the only two bombs he threw in the game were dropped in a horrible fashion. Bit of a catch 22 for the coaching staff with the Rams do they start dialing up the complexity of the calls to get the win and possibly risk Bradfords confidence or do they go on with the 'development' plays and call short dinky passes.

Regardless it's good experience for the young guy as it pretty much was a play off game in it's own right.

Better team won on the night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Great to see Seattle get the division title.

Can't really say I share this sentiment. I have nothing against the Seahawks, and they deserved their win on the night, but through the season they have ranged from mediocre to downright awful. There aren't many worse teams than them in the whole NFL, and to see them hosting a playoff game now leaves a bit of a bad taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

fisgon wrote: »
    Can't really say I share this sentiment. I have nothing against the Seahawks, and they deserved their win on the night, but through the season they have ranged from mediocre to downright awful. There aren't many worse teams than them in the whole NFL, and to see them hosting a playoff game now leaves a bit of a bad taste.

It's a bit of a odd one. A losing record team is hosting a playoff game. However they are the Division CHAMPIONS hosting a team that came SECOND in their own Division.

I can understand the point of some ill feelings but if people are really that annoyed then scrap the wild cards altogether because they are in the same boat!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

The Seahawks Rams game was the worst officiated game I've seen this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Big Ben did it only a few weeks ago, too. He gave it to some guy who had a 'Ben Zone' banner up - I've seen it happen plenty of times.

Advertisement