Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Ireland Pre-Pay Mobile Broadband Dongle: €9 (out of stock online, try instore)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭podge3

I assume that if I can send a text message from the dongle then its unlocked?

I think I unlocked it but I'm not sure. I put an O2 SIM card into it and can send a text but can't get a connection set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Got one in a 3 Store yesterday. €9 on PAYG with a free week pass or something. Not fully sure on that, havent opened it yet.

Just got it as a backup plan if I ever need a connection out and about

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Got one in a 3 Store yesterday.

Its 1gb free. It expires 30 days from the day you activate it, if you havent used it all up that is. And it must be activated before Feb 16th, otherwise you lose out on the 1Gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭Nollog

Got mine today. It was delivered a few days ago I think.
    Impressed by the improvement from my previous adventures with 3g dongles.
    Still can't beat wired internet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Davy wrote: »
    Its 1gb free. It expires 30 days from the day you activate it, if you havent used it all up that is. And it must be activated before Feb 16th, otherwise you lose out on the 1Gb.

Cheers for the info Davy, I didnt realise the Feb deadline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Wondered how long before they would appear on ebay but surely not adverts :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

wil wrote: »
    Wondered how long before they would appear on ebay but surely not adverts :eek:

how long before someone offers 9euro? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

mailburner wrote: »
    how long before someone offers 9euro? :pac:

I just did for the laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Hate to drag up the thread, but wanted to confirm that I got this working with Tesco Mobile. Just bought a SIM instore, topped up with €10 (so SIM was free), and got €10 free. I make that 4 months of internet for €20 (at 1GB/month).

Setting it up was a bit strange. The APN that you enter in "Mobile Partner", the generic application that you can get when you flash your dongle (discussed in thread), is tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com - the access number is *99#

The different bit is that you can only access the internet via a tesco mobile proxy, so you need to whip out your browser, and point its proxy to 10.1.11.19, port 8080. Once I did that, I got the following results in the Marino area, on HSDPA:
    1114024532.png
    TescoSpeeds.png

Hope this helps someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Its easier to use the software on the stick as the proxys and port can be entered directly into that(unlike the generic mobile partner) or flash the stick with meteors software.
    Ive used threes Uk Software successfully too and it has the facility to enter the port and proxy.
    Funny how the mobile companies allow you to use others on their sticks and software.
    http://ask3.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.dll/,/?New,Kb=MBB,Ts=MBB,varset_USERNAME=MBB:mbbUser,proid=390

http://www.meteor.ie/support/bbtg/payg_stick/

edit/ needless to say one has to unlock the stick which can be done by following this page
    http://www.ruchirablog.com/guide-unlock-huawei-hsdpa-modem-free/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

*** tomorrow is the last day to buy if you want the free 1GB of data. The sim card has to be activated by Feb 16th to get the the 1gb, this goes for anyone who bought this and hasnt activated it.***

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

I'm still waiting for my cashback to show up on Bethrifty - anyone else? I sent them a message asking when it would show, but had no reply :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

LavaLamp wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for my cashback to show up on Bethrifty - anyone else? I sent them a message asking when it would show, but had no reply :confused:

still waiting for it to be approved, did show up on my bethrifty balance after day or two, I bought a vodafone phone back in November, no sign of money being paid back to me yet through bethrifty

Did activate my 3 sim yesterday and got the 1gb on my account

Just got an email from customer servies and my order didn't track so have sent them the details.

It's a great dongle (and deal!), shame they ran out as a few people I know could do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

LavaLamp wrote: »
    I'm still waiting as well.
    still waiting for it to be approved, did show up on my bethrifty balance after day or two
    It hasn't shown in to be approved yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Same here, still waiting :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

same story here, they don't even reply my emails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

Same here. Nothing credited on bethrifty for me.

Got my dongle on 4 January.

Ive given up sending emails. Wont be using bethrifty again.

Same story here, shows in the account but nothing doing.

still nothing - have emailed again asking what is going on! :mad: Will update if I get a reply, so you know if it's worth chasing 'em up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

Same here.Nothing from BeThrifty either.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

Davy wrote: »
    *** tomorrow is the last day to buy if you want the free 1GB of data. The sim card has to be activated by Feb 16th to get the the 1gb, this goes for anyone who bought this and hasnt activated it.***

bought one in january, activated it just last week, it is working fine for me

like everybody else - no cashback from bethrifty yet

Finally got the 11 euro into the "confirmed" column.
    Not paid yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Had forgotten all about this until I received an email from bethrifty this morning. Payment finally showed up in my paypal account :D .... even if it did take 5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

+1
    received payment to my paypal account yesterday

Received payment to my back account yesterday.
    Only took them 7 months.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Received payment to my back account yesterday.
    Only took them 7 months.

Same here. I also received a reply from them to my query which was sent months ago.

Haven't used them since last year because they didn't reply to emails. Ain't going to use them in the future .

I've given up all hope of seeing this cashback. I got one reply to an email asking for details of the transaction back in December and haven't heard a word since - sent a couple of "hellooo" emails but they must have just gone into cyberspace never to be seen.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Got mine a couple of weeks ago

• Advertisement
Advertisement