Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Ireland Pre-Pay Mobile Broadband Dongle: €9 (out of stock online, try instore)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭Nollog

spannerism wrote: »
    Got mine delivered earlier today :-) Cheers to the OP and of course happy new year to all.

About the unlocking, this is what I don't understand. Once I unlock this, I can use any sim card but will I need to get that mobile phone networks (e.g 02 or vodafone) software to get the dongle working on another network? or is a question of just popping in the another sim card and it'll work.

Thanks
    You just need the vpn for the network
    for 3 it's "3internet"
    o2 is "internet"
    Not sure what vodafone is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

The only reason i'm thinking of getting this is to unlock it (and have as a spare).
    But which of the other networks do sim only broadband?
    Vodafone?
    Meteor?
    O2?
    Dunno if any of them do.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

wil wrote: »
    "Remember - your device can only be delivered to you in person and you will need to show the courier the payment card you used to place your order as proof of identity"
    Ordered 31, picked charged dispatched 4th

Well that is a bit difficult if I am at work. Why didnt they say that on the order form and I could have had it delivered there?
    And its Nightline delivery so I cant even collect from the post office.

Now what, did they really expect people to be waiting by the door Mon to Fri 8 to 6 ?

If there's somebody there to sign for it should be ok, didn't have to show payment card

otherwise just have to arrange with courier some way to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

The only reason i'm thinking of getting this is to unlock it (and have as a spare).
    But which of the other networks do sim only broadband?
    Vodafone?
    Meteor?
    O2?
    Dunno if any of them do.

O2 do ... €15 and comes with €20 credit
    http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/broadband/detail.php?pid=76

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

I don't know whether it will work together with the dongle and have no idea about the current speeds in the tesco network, but their 30 day data bundle seems to be pretty good value for occasional use (30day/1GB usage for €6.99).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭MjM

I got mine this morning, from my Post man. I had all that nightline crap in the tracking thing as well though. Its a nice solid looking modem, I have a e160g and thats a cheap looking thing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Arrived today. Hard to believe that it only cost €9 delivered. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Just to advise this is available online again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Did people really make €2 or whatever it was through bethrifty when buying this? Have you got that money in your account yet or are you waiting on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LETS TALK PHONES

I cannot find it anywere on the home page for 9euro. still shows 39eu for the E122.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

If you follow the op's link at start it should take you there.
    I just ordered one through bethrifty.ie and got a confirmation email immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LETS TALK PHONES

yes, followed link from the op. however from experience using bethrifty.ie you must log in and follow the links from the bethrifty website.

I just placed an order there anyways following the links from op and on the off chance it works i opened up my account page on bethrifty and followed the THREE homepage link aswell, I got a confirmation email for my order but nothing from bethrifty.

Anyways even without the cashback its still a great bargin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Tinie wrote: »
    Did people really make €2 or whatever it was through bethrifty when buying this? Have you got that money in your account yet or are you waiting on it?

Actually made €11.81 on bethrifty

Showing up as earned. May not be credited yet. New to bethrifty so not that familiar with how it works

yes, followed link from the op. however from experience using bethrifty.ie you must log in and follow the links from the bethrifty website.

I just placed an order there anyways following the links from op and on the off chance it works i opened up my account page on bethrifty and followed the THREE homepage link aswell, I got a confirmation email for my order but nothing from bethrifty.

Anyways even without the cashback its still a great bargin :)

I went through the bethrifty link allright but it took me a long time before I found the link on the Three site to this deal as they seem to have taken it down from their main Broadband site.
    I got no confirmation from bethrifty,but its so long since I used it that I forget how it works.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

ralphie wrote: »
    If you follow the op's link at start it should take you there.
    I just ordered one through bethrifty.ie and got a confirmation email immediately.
    Where do you find it on the 3 site after you log in through bethrifty? ive searched everywhere :/

I've forgotten how I did it.
    I'll go back into it again and see if I can figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

"Remember - your device can only be delivered to you in person and you will need to show the courier the payment card you used to place your order as proof of identity"
    Ordered 31, picked charged dispatched 4th
    Yep customer service (a real person) said it was just the standard nonsense they include with every order, apparently it just comes in the post. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

I also cant find it on bethrifty to get the cashback :/

I also cant find it on bethrifty to get the cashback :/
    The €9 dongle is gone. You can probably get cashback on the other deals, the links on bethrifty open the homesites of the listed sellers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

The €9 dongle is gone. You can probably get cashback on the other deals, the links on bethrifty open the homesites of the listed sellers.
    Im still able to buy it through the link in this thread a few posts back so it seems its still available.

• Advertisement

Yes its still available through the original link.
    I cant seem to find the link I bought it on through bethrifty earlier on.
    If you open the three site through bethrifty and go to the Three search on the top right corner of page and type in Huawei E1550 you will find the link to it,but it may take you from bethrifty.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

If you open the three site through bethrifty and go to the Three search on the top right corner of page and type in Huawei E1550 you will find the link to it,but it may take you from bethrifty.
    There was never a direct link through bethrifty iirc (or if there was, I didn't use it).

The bethrifty link will drop you at the home page with the relevant cookie installed on your machine (make sure you have enabled cookies). From there, I clicked on the link that had been on the home page and it worked fine, so I'd imagine that simply searching for 'E1550' on the site would have the exact same effect (keeping bethrifty as the referrer) so won't be an issue (and it would probably still work by opening the original link once you have the relevant cookie - e.g. once you've opened the bethrifty link prior to purchase).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I don't think I'm ment to have this, they won't take my debit card now.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

How hard is it to get this baby onto the tesco mobile network

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Very easy.
    I just followed the steps in the post Linky for unlocking and had it working with my vodafone sim in 2 mins.

That is assuming tesco do moble broadband...

lomb wrote: »
    How hard is it to get this baby onto the tesco mobile network
    get the imei from diagnostics in mobile partner, put it into the website mentioned earlier in the thread, get the unlock code, use the program on the other page linked to in or around the same post and enter the unlock code, get tesco's data APN details from their website or your phone if you're with them.
    That's all.

Ok go to the 3 site from bethrifty and search for t010019
    That will give you the link to the modem
    http://www.three.ie/prepaystore/shop/flow/basket.aspx?tariff=T010019&handset=50984&submit=Buy+Now

Cant tell if it will show out of stock but at least that should register with bethrifty.

The official current price for this modem is showing as 20 for 3pay and 9 for the lowest 12month contract.

Mine arrived today:), box has sticker showing "free with 18month contract" so I guess they are clearing out that lot.

Yes its still available through the original link.
    I've now got confirmation from bethrifty that €11.81 will be paid into my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pigck29

I've now got confirmation from bethrifty that €11.81 will be paid into my account.

Me too :D

• Advertisement

pigck29 wrote: »
    Me too :D

Not I!
    Still unconfirmed. :(

Advertisement