Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year Resolutions

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Another one for me is to cook more from scratch. In batches so I can plan ahead and never have to resort to convenience food. Unless, you know, I *really* feel like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Mine are:
    • Cook more and eat less
    • Get over or lessen my fear of flying - I'm a 10hr flight from home so need this to work!
    • See something new once a month
    • Try not to let the inevitable get me down. Be positive, if not for me then for my family
    • Figure out what I'd like to do with my life. I want a career not a job!

If someone remembers, can we pull this thread up in May/June and see how everyone is getting on? Could be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dennis2011

I want to play over the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭kiwi123

2011 - The year of the new :)

See Prague

Drive

Spend time by myself without feeling the need to pick up a phone or hop on the internetz so I don't feel like I'm by myself.

If I clash with someone, explain my point in a calm manner rather than running straight into a fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

-Pass my exams (fingers crossed)

-Get more fit/active

-Listen to my instincts more often, they're rarely wrong..

-Pay off credit card asap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Firstly I have to cut back on partying and drinking. It's not good for me and I think I'm a bad influence on my little sister, I should be a better role model and not be getting plastered, flirting with everyone, getting weed /having drinks bought for me then eating junk food at 3am. Then waking up with a killer hangover at 2pm the next day and my whole weekend is wasted.. I used to have great control of my drinking but lately it's hitting me all at one, late in the night and I've been in a few dodgy siuations as of late. This needs to stop.

This kind of ties in... I resolve to feel good about myself. I feel like I need random men telling me how hot I am in clubs or in online profiles. I need to stop needng validation from men. It's soulless and hollow. Especially because I have a wonderful caring boyfriend. It's not fair to him for me to go out and get pawed up by a random guy or to be camming with a stranger. Maybe a harmless little flirty kiss isn't so harmless after all. So that all has to stop. My self worth needs to be from me. The only person that should find me sexy is him. How important is it to feel pretty anyway? Not worth making yourself feel like crap.

I've been binging a little lately and getting sick after. I need to eat in a healthy way and stop this. If I do eat a treat or slip, just forget it. It's fine. I guess it's the denying myself that makes me want to have 2 or 3 chocolate bars then throw them up. I'm aware of it so if I stop now it won't develop into an eating disorder.

So they're depressing resolutions but I had an epiphany last night and needed to get it all down.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭annieire

Intended on starting Monday...but failed.
    Intended on starting Tuesday...but failed.
    Fingers crossed i'll get the motivation i require tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mercy Seat

Yeah, my drinking less this year started with a free litre of Jameson, half a bottle of Jack Daniels and a 2 day bender...

Now that that's out of my system (and I've run out of cash), resolutions are go!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,732 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I was out last night and one of me female mates pulled me aside and gave me a proper talking to regarding my shíttyness at effort making with the ladies. (I'm sure theres a much better way of wording that!)

So basically, 2011 is going to see papa with a renewed confidence, If I see someone I like, I'm going to find a way of sparking up a conversation. I'm good at doleing out the advice, but useless at actually practising what I preach!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

papagormo wrote: »
    I was out last night and one of me female mates pulled me aside and gave me a proper talking to regarding my shíttyness at effort making with the ladies. (I'm sure theres a much better way of wording that!)

So basically, 2011 is going to see papa with a renewed confidence, If I see someone I like, I'm going to find a way of sparking up a conversation. I'm good at doleing out the advice, but useless at actually practising what I preach!:)[/QUOTE

papa don't preach.... Sorry couldn't resist!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,732 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Oh you saw what I did there!:pac:

Advertisement