Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

ASOT wrote: »
    Get on to them on Twitter, it should be voided. That rule is usually for boxing. I see it there in the t&cs alright.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/7/9/20687724/beneil-dariush-vs-drakkar-klose-scrapped-from-ufc-sacramento

Send them that and tell them it won't be happening in the next 30 days because the cards are finalized and see what they say.

Thanks

ASOT wrote: »
    Get on to them on Twitter, it should be voided. That rule is usually for boxing. I see it there in the t&cs alright.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/7/9/20687724/beneil-dariush-vs-drakkar-klose-scrapped-from-ufc-sacramento

Send them that and tell them it won't be happening in the next 30 days because the cards are finalized and see what they say.
    I contacted them on Twitter sent the link and told them what you said. They are still spouting the same ****e.
    Some joke

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If the match happens within 30 days the bet stands. If not, it’s voided and you collect the 4-fold.

It’s likely a foregone conclusion, but waiting out the 30 days is the correct outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Tonights bets. Life savings on the line

qBxxB52.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

Have gone with almost the same, with the exception of Hooker.

• Advertisement

Mine for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 23,825 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

not seeing a lot of value for saturdays card but would have been on ortega had it been part of it

I couldn't have been more impressed by pantoja last time out so am sticking with him at odds of 10/11

was underdog up till a few days ago

niko price also seems a big price at around 13/5, not sure why neal is so short?
    price has faced a higher level of opponents than neal also, both have lost twice
    He's also the first man to ko tim means so the price on him has me baffled.
    I'm thinking at the price he has to be backed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

max tko rd 4 @10s for me.

Here's mine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭tinpib

Value bets for the evening are Niko Price 3.75, good record, keeps being underestimated IMO. His opponent could be a possible hype machine.

Also Alexis Davis is not fav, bags of UFC experience vs an opponent with only 1 UFC fight. Added the usual "Women's fight going to decision" oddsbooster to get her at 3.0

I think Cyborg is over rated and had backed Nunes to beat here. I think her opponent Spencer to win on pts at 19.0 is worth a wee bet. Not saying it's likely to happen and will not be surprised if Cyborg dominates her but at that price it's worth a bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Anyone fancy Covington on points 6/5 tomorrow? Cant see any other result happening tbh. Also have Mickey Gall at evens, I know he hasnt been on form late but he is still a very dangerous fighter and with his back against the wall I think he will bring the goods.

lads, what do ye think about pettis diaz in general?

I can't for the life of me see how diaz will come back after three years
    and beat pettis and would strongly fancy pettis anyway as he has more
    ways to win unless this turn into an all out brawl but for me pettis wins this
    with is superior speed, leg kicks etc and for me a diaz pts win is his only way of winning this one
    I think it's fair to say had these two fought when pettis was champ pettis would have been more like 4/9 or 2/5 possibly?

he was 10/11 a week back, now best at 1.87 (betv) and slowly shortening everywhere

I've had my max bet on pettis but still wondering could I be possibly missing something?

great card, outside of that I'm thinking a treble of sandhagen, heinisch and romero.....very confident of the first two, romero by far the best guy costa will have faced but I still think he'll get it done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

mailburner wrote: »
    lads, what do ye think about pettis diaz in general?

I can't for the life of me see how diaz will come back after three years
    and beat pettis and would strongly fancy pettis anyway as he has more
    ways to win unless this turn into an all out brawl but for me pettis wins this
    with is superior speed, leg kicks etc and for me a diaz pts win is his only way of winning this one
    I think it's fair to say had these two fought when pettis was champ pettis would have been more like 4/9 or 2/5 possibly?

he was 10/11 a week back, now best at 1.87 (betv) and slowly shortening everywhere

I've had my max bet on pettis but still wondering could I be possibly missing something?

great card, outside of that I'm thinking a treble of sandhagen, heinisch and romero.....very confident of the first two, romero by far the best guy costa will have faced but I still think he'll get it done

My opinion is that Nate is tough and can outsmart a lot of guys in the division. His ground game is out of this world but he generally uses it too defensively and doesn't try enough take downs. His stand up is great, but lacks power, takes advantage of his reach albeit reduced at 170. A good mid level fighter. The only reason he's back is because time and $$ are running out.

Pettis was unfortunate vs poirier, particularly given the ref standing them up as he was locking a triangle from guard. I've problems backing him big, because of he is so inconsistent.

I think the fight will be mostly standing and with Pettis' power advantage it will be pretty clear cut (TKO, or doctor stoppage)

uchimata83 wrote: »
    The only reason he's back is because time and $$ are running out.

wonder about the $$

He's surely set up for a very long time if not life after the conor fight...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Not sure. Pettis has a good standing game but Nate's tough as nails and could see him squeezing out a submission either. Pettis would probably still be my choice, but it's definitely not clear cut either way. Really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

I think its a great fight, and IF Nate wins what then, it would really shake things up !

I think you have to go with Pettis, especially with Nate not fighting for 3 years, but with Nate you can always expect the unexpected.

Over 5 rounds, I'd probably have a flutter on Nate. But over 3, he'll be two rounds down before he gets going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Flip flop in the betting of the Daniel Stipe fight. Daniel was 11/10 and Stipe 4/6 but the prices have changed now with Daniel 4/6 Stipe 11/10.
    Id make Stipe the fav which represents value at the current prices.

califano wrote: »
    Flip flop in the betting of the Daniel Stipe fight. Daniel was 11/10 and Stipe 4/6 but the prices have changed now with Daniel 4/6 Stipe 11/10.
    Id make Stipe the fav which represents value at the current prices.

Stipe was 5/4 a week ago
    DC was favorite for this for as long as I can remember or since the odds came out for the rematch

Listening to Rogan discussing Costa with Hardy saying he only trains and does nothing else but dedicate himself to this
    Watches everything he eats etc

I'll just watch this one, figure if Romero weathers the early storm he'll get it done rnd 3/4 though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Listening to Rogan discussing Costa with Hardy saying he only trains and does nothing else but dedicate himself to this
    Watches everything he eats etc

I'll just watch this one, figure if Romero weathers the early storm he'll get it done rnd 3/4 though

Just a 3 rounder right?

Going to bed for a few hours I think.

I worry that Nate will never get started, but I just cant bet against him, Stockton MFers.... I want him to win as it will really shake things up.

Never been so unsure with this fantastic card (say that a lot now), DC is such a unit have you seen how wide he is now. That little chopping hook he employed might work again, if not I can see this being a series of DC ground and pound. All that said Stipe has been smouldering quietly, and might well come out as a beast.

I watched that Rogan episode too, and Costa is very very impressive... But then I think of the Romero Whitaker fights, Yoel is so incredibly tough and athletic.

Heart Says
    Nate
    Stipe
    Romero

Head says
    Pettis
    DC
    Costa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Going to bed for a few hours I think.

I worry that Nate will never get started, but I just cant bet against him, Stockton MFers.... I want him to win as it will really shake things up.

Never been so unsure with this fantastic card (say that a lot now), DC is such a unit have you seen how wide he is now. That little chopping hook he employed might work again, if not I can see this being a series of DC ground and pound. All that said Stipe has been smouldering quietly, and might well come out as a beast.

I watched that Rogan episode too, and Costa is very very impressive... But then I think of the Romero Whitaker fights, Yoel is so incredibly tough and athletic.

Heart Says
    Nate
    Stipe
    Romero

Head says
    Pettis
    DC
    Costa

My picks:
    Pettis
    Stipe
    Costa

d00mk1n wrote: »
    Just a 3 rounder right?

Christ ya
    Not sure what i was was thinking

In the end did multiple of:

Nate
    Stipe
    Costa

Basically convinced myself that Nate smoked so much CBD hes immune from pain, but also that Pettis can get overwhelmed with volume of punches and Nate can do that. Stipe because DC might be a bit soft after all his other work recently, and Costa because of Joe Rogan, and surly time will catch up with Yoel eventually !

I have no idea on this card...can convince myself either way... but committed now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bet on with a friend. A pint a fight. I've got Stipe, Diaz and Costa.

Stipe was 5/4 a week ago
    DC was favorite for this for as long as I can remember or since the odds came out for the rematch
    Yeah DC has always been favourite across the board. The odd Bookie may have temporarily had it listed wrong.

For the last fight DC was a 3/2 underdog. Which was probably fair. The big swing in the odds is purely a reaction to the result.
    Stipe is definitely the value.

I could see Nate doing it in 5. But he’ll just get the legs kicked off him in the first. And going into the 3rd 2 rounds down.

Yoel is the juiciest of the juicy bois. And out classes Costa in grappling. Whitaker defended the TDs well and maybe people forget how guys get launched into orbit.

Yoel, Pettis, Stipe in a treble for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah DC has always been favourite across the board. The odd Bookie may have temporarily had it listed wrong.

For the last fight DC was a 3/2 underdog. Which was probably fair. The big swing in the odds is purely a reaction to the result.
    Stipe is definitely the value.

I could see Nate doing it in 5. But he’ll just get the legs kicked off him in the first. And going into the 3rd 2 rounds down.

Yoel is the juiciest of the juicy bois. And out classes Costa in grappling. Whitaker defended the TDs well and maybe people forget how guys get launched into orbit.

Yoel, Pettis, Stipe in a treble for me

Went for that too
    Paying about 5/1 good luck

I feel for Romero in that decision, I thought he won..

• Advertisement

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    In the end did multiple of:

Nate
    Stipe
    Costa

Basically convinced myself that Nate smoked so much CBD hes immune from pain, but also that Pettis can get overwhelmed with volume of punches and Nate can do that. Stipe because DC might be a bit soft after all his other work recently, and Costa because of Joe Rogan, and surly time will catch up with Yoel eventually !

I have no idea on this card...can convince myself either way... but committed now.

Having a 6:00 am Jamesons....

Advertisement