Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funderland - Do or Don't

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

lol wut?

Arklow. Pfff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lol wut?
    Arklow. Pfff...

as above

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

never been but going by whats written here i assume its like oktoberfest without the huge beer halls, they have hundreds of rides there, flashing lights, loud music, chips stalls everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

scum?

of all the times Ive been there as a kid and then later as an adult I have never seen any trouble there, just alot of people having fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i went for a couple of years til i was around 17 and all i did was gamble

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote: »
    Dont worry..they'll turn funderland into an asylum centre too.

DEY TUK ER MOSNEY!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

dont go... its ****e when you think about it or compare it to anywhere else....

save your band money and buy a cheap flight on ryanair to a random city in europe for a weekend, even somwhere with a proper amusment park, or even a good carnival.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nelly97

Hmm...
    Not really.
    Well, I guess if you are into that sort of thing then it never was a ****hole.
    For me though, kids are dragging me along to it. Not looking foward to it at all!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Funderland? What do I think of it?
    Not a lot to be honest. Expensive, a very, very poor version of what is called "Amusements" and a lowering blight on what the public that attend, have accepted as so called entertainment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

never been to it, never saw the point in it at all to be honest...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Went yesterday with the kids (ages 3 and 5). We had fun. It was about the same price as those travelling funfairs, but with less mud and more choice of rides for the small ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭GusherING

I was in Hyde Park in London recently and they had a really good funfair that was largely imported from Germany. I thought Funderland could learn a few things from it, like:

stop the techno music and play Christmas music instead
    offer more than just burger and chips as food. Hyde Park had bratwursts, mulled wine etc.
    Charge free entry
    Make it small child friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Onthe3rdDay

Let me get this straight.

I have to pay to be shouted at and spun upside down by Germans 'til I've no change left in me pockets?

No chance.

I'm confused, are you talking about funderland or the economic situation we find ourselves in?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I haven't been to Funderland in years, used to love it. I think I would faint at the prices of the rides if I went :eek:

Great memories though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Keep your head inside the car or you may die. SHABBA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Don't. Unless you want your head kicked in for merely being alive.:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

scum?

of all the times Ive been there as a kid and then later as an adult I have never seen any trouble there, just alot of people having fun
    Pull those trakkies out of your socks there bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

What exactly is wrong with Funderland?

Its a travelling amusment park, what exactly do people expect. Mid afternoon tea and some crumpets?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Its a travelling amusment park, what exactly do people expect. Mid afternoon tea and some crumpets?

Well that would be a start and don't hold back on the Strawberry Jam.

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Well that would be a start and don't hold back on the Strawberry Jam.

Sadly they wont be doing any crumpets, but they may perhaps have a lovely selection of sandwiches followed by the main event which is a wine tasting.

NO wait thast a wine tasting event im thinking of not an a amusment park.

Wait what exactly do amusement parks do and who might might be their target audience. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Sadly they wont be doing any crumpets, but they may perhaps have a lovely selection of sandwiches followed by the main event which is a wine tasting.

Drink a bottle and ride Dropzone, It'd be an experience to remember :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Let's GO GO GO!

Its a travelling amusement park, what exactly do people expect. Mid afternoon tea and some crumpets?
    If you have to ask, you so far then have not been fortunate enough to have been abroad and seen other amusement set-ups, seen how they are better run, catered for/towards their customers, better priced, better facilitated, better staffed, better numbered in actual items and wider range, certainly more modern and more importantly quality of actual amusements ...and on and on...

I hope you get an opportunity to see a further abroad comparison.
    The difference is startling, shocking and certainly an eye-opener as to how badly we still sadly frequent accept antiquated modes of amusement. Ones attended as acceptable supposedly better entertainment - when its actually really, really not.

Biggins wrote: »
    If you have to ask, you so far then have not been fortunate enough to have been abroad and seen other amusement set-ups, seen how they are better run, catered for/towards their customers, better priced, better facilitated, better staffed, better numbered in actual items and wider range, certainly more modern and more importantly quality of actual amusements ...and on and on...
    Well done on the assumption. No I has never been abroad I has only been as far as the local town and never further. :rolleyes:

When you say Other countries have better are you taking about permenant facilites or Travelling amusenmetn parks?

I was waiting for someone to say the price, and you did oblige. I think we all know price is an issue in Ireland and we dont need to just focus that on fudnerland.

I hope you get an opportunity to see a further abroad comparison.
    The difference is startling, shocking and certainly an eye-opener as to how badly we still sadly frequent accept antiquated modes of amusement. Ones attended as acceptable supposedly better entertainment - when its actually really, really not.

Again with the assumption, no your right the furtherest i have travelled is to the local shop to get a loaf of bread. I mean it must be true you used it twice!

Huh what, lots of words so little meaning, I am a man who likes examples can you give me some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

LOL - Funderland.

Crap rides, high admission, full of knackers, and tacky as sh*t.

I've been to Alton Towesr & Six Flags numerous times - I can't take our pathetic over-priced effort at at "rides" seriously whatsoever. Rickety 20 year-old old machines & smelly chipper vans, and run by carnies.

LOL - Funderland.

Crap rides, high admission, full of knackers, and tacky as sh*t.

I've been to Alton Towesr & Six Flags numerous times - I can't take our pathetic over-priced effort at at "rides" seriously whatsoever. Rickety 20 year-old old machines & smelly chipper vans, and run by carnies.

Alton towers at £40 sterling admission its not exactly cheap though is it.
    alton towers is also a fixed location theme park not a travelling one. So naturally when your setup is designed for travelling you do have some restrciosn on size and other issues which may affect how quickly you can assemble and dissasemmble the rides.

20 year old rides, might be a stretch i would imagine there are some safety restrictions they must meet to get their insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I think it's too scary

Well done on the assumption. No I has never been abroad I has only been as far as the local town and never further. :rolleyes:

When you say Other countries have better are you taking about permanent facilities or Travelling amusement parks?

I was waiting for someone to say the price, and you did oblige. I think we all know price is an issue in Ireland and we dont need to just focus that on fudnerland.

Again with the assumption, no your right the furtherest i have travelled is to the local shop to get a loaf of bread. I mean it must be true you used it twice!

Huh what, lots of words so little meaning, I am a man who likes examples can you give me some.

I was referring to travelling set-ups besides fixed ones.
    I was not trying to be patronising - and apologise of I came across that way. I mean it genuinely when I say I hope you get the chance to see other types of setups elsewhere. Its an eye opener.

Price is only one aspect amid others I mentioned.

If you want examples of setups, try around Rockledge in Florida, numerous small fixed and moving set-ups around southern Spain and France alone.
    And thats beside the many that exist across Europe and in the States.

P.S. I assume indeed that you have travelled. I guessing only that you have just not had the opportunity to be able to do a comparison in relation to Funderland type set-ups.

and run by carnies.

Seeing as its a carnival (of sorts) wouldnt anyone running it become a carnie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Haven't been since i was about 8. Didn't it disappear for a few years? Wouldn't be bothered with it now anyway.

Advertisement