Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funderland - Do or Don't

Options
  • 29-12-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Ah, Christmas is over one again. Now on my agenda, Funderland. What do you people out there think of it. I can tell you now, i'm not very happy about this year's one!

The wristband is more expensive but there is less rides AND less time! Power Wave, The Magic Carpet & Shockwave (Big orange coaster) will not be attending. :(

I love Funderland but it is starting to get crappy as time goes by... So, what do you think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If you wear a cap sitting on top of your head and tuck your tracksuit bottoms into your socks do...if not don't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

nelly97 wrote: »

The wristband is more expensive but there is less rides AND less time! Power Wave, The Magic Carpet & Shockwave (Big orange coaster) will not be attending. :(

Tell me..is this the one night they let you out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Do you have a horse outside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Haven't been there since I was about 15. After an afternoon of knacker-drinking a night on those rides is not a good idea. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

funderland is just wrong, parents who bring their kids should be charged with child cruelty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Mosney was far better than funderland...

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Axe Rake

Stay at home and trip on acid.

Infinite amusement especially with old movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Is funderland still going? :o

Haven't been there in years - and it was a shíthole back then.

Has it improved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Let me get this straight.

I have to pay to be shouted at and spun upside down by Germans 'til I've no change left in me pockets?

No chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

KeithM89 wrote: »

Dont worry..they'll turn funderland into an asylum centre too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Don't do it. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

I am just back from it now , trudged over around sixish with the 3 angels ....6 quid to even park the car , i was pale before we ever got near the door ... was ambling along with the smallest one oohing and aaahing at the big wheel when this girl stops me ... do you want these? she says .... what are they ... i enquire

Turns out she has a couple of DOZEN complimentary ride cards , which her hubbys job supplied ... so it cost me 4 x 2 euro addmission fee to get in and the kids got 44 free rides .... i didnt spend a penny !!!!! GREAT VALUE ...
    Seriously tho , very nice couple with 2 kids , if you are reading this , many many thanks for your kindness, you made 3 kiddies very happy .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Let me get this straight.

I have to pay to be shouted at and spun upside down by Germans 'til I've no change left in me pockets?

No chance.

Of course back in '39 it was called Führerland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I would not waste my money, like so many "events" here which are nothing more than a complete rip off fest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Still is...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrfantastico

Jay D wrote: »
    I would not waste my money, like so many "events" here which are nothing more than a complete rip off fest.

scabby bollox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

bonerm wrote: »
    Of course back in '39 it was called Führerland.

That explains where the Ghost Train buggered off to then

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

don't

prefer my feet firmly on the ground, don't have the stomach for anything like funderland, being pregnant with all day morning sickness was enough for me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If you wear a cap sitting on top of your head and tuck your tracksuit bottoms into your socks do...if not don't.

+1, Funderland would have to be the biggest yearly congregation of the scum of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

nelly97 wrote: »
    The Magic Carpet

Don't.. get on that if u don't meet the height restrictions. or you slip out if the seat n its not yet hit full tilt - scariest thing ever :/

edit: no, it was the viking boat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Before they turned it into a concentration camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I've never been :( is it that bad?

Whispered wrote: »
    I've never been :( is it that bad?

your one of the lucky ones

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

+1, Funderland would have to be the biggest yearly congregation of the scum of Dublin.

I'll match your Funderland and raise you the Fianna Fail ard fheis.

/obligatory FF bashing.

kowloon wrote: »
    I'll match your Funderland and raise you the Fianna Fail ard fheis.

/obligatory FF bashing.

ill match your fianna fail ard fheis and raise you a gathering of goths at the central bank on any given afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

ill match your fianna fail ard fheis and raise you a gathering of goths at the central bank on any given afternoon

Fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

You lot will complain about snobs and D4s but ye are too high and mighty for good ol' funderland:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Hmmm was going to bring the little dude over tomorrow...maybe not judging by the posts. Is the ice skating still on does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

If you drive a subaru, wanna feek a 14 year old knacker and drink tinnies of Dutch Gold then Funderland is da place 4 U!

It really is a magnet for scum. I think it's the flashy lights, rave music, abundance of chips and the satisfying of their need for speed that draws them in.

• Advertisement

If you drive a subaru, wanna feek a 14 year old knacker and drink tinnies of Dutch Gold then Funderland is da place 4 U!

lol wut?

Advertisement