Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitcoin - ###Mod Note in 1st Post - Please Read###

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Did Alex Jones say Bitcoin is gonna crash soon?

Buy Buy Buy :D

It could crash if the Chinese government take action against Bitcoin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Howabout VirWox for cashing out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just started trading it there daily last night, i brought it yesterday and today and im already in profit from last night and today.
    Im going to keep buying it daily and then short it once it hits $1500.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

How does someone short bitcoin?

How does someone short bitcoin?

I opened a account with a online trading platform last week, you can buy or short shares, stock markets, oil, gold, silver etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

And what is the name of this platform?

I went with Plus500.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I jumped ship :P it's down 9% since yesterday, f8ck that Xmas is coming :o

I'll buy back in when BTC is 20 bucks next month :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭xploderz

Just started trading it there daily last night, i brought it yesterday and today and im already in profit from last night and today.

What makes you think it will hit $1500 ? :confused: And what timeframe are we talking here..

• Advertisement

Did you even bother your arse Googling 'Ponzi scheme', clicking the first result, and seeing if, just maybe, it bears some resemblance to economic bubbles? (go on, do it now...)

If someone buys a house to live in, grand, they are not any different to someone buying bitcoins and holding onto them long term, for use as a currency not as a vehicle for speculation.

If someone buys a house, watches a housing bubble grow, and sells on the house for the express purpose of profiting at the peak of the bubble before it bursts (in full knowledge that they are profiting off of a bubble, where a lot of people must lose and go into enormous debt in order for the financiers to turn a profit), then yes - they are an absolute scumbag.

As you have seen, the damage caused by the speculators in the housing bubble, was worldwide and crippled entire countries - there's a reason Ponzi schemes are illegal, and a reason why economic bubbles should be strictly regulated against (arguably there was rampant fraud in the case of the housing bubble too - banks pumping out mortgages/debt beyond sustainability, to inflate their own wages/bonuses, and to give their partners in finance a massive bubble to speculate/profit over).

The kind of scumbags who profit off of these unethical (yet legal) acts, at the expense of other people (and in the case of the housing bubble, the expense of the rest of society), are far more damaging to society than your average criminal, because their actions affect a much greater number of people, and do far more wide ranging and long lasting damage, and are far easier to get away with without repercussion (which is why, where they are made illegal, they should be extremely harshly dealt with).

A ponzi scheme involves returns being paid to investors using new investor's money.. It's really quite simple. I don't care about your scumbag argument that much.. It's just inaccurate to start it with a big word you don't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭usersame

bit of a crash going on now lads if ye want to check it ouy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

usersame wrote: »
    bit of a crash going on now lads if ye want to check it ouy

It's fallen about 17% since the start of the day.

It's had bigger one day falls in the past.

I don't doubt that it's going to get lower, but it's not going to completely implode.

I'd imagine there are just a lot of people who've had large wallets for a while trying to cash in on the high price, which has meant there is suddenly a lot of btc in circulation and now the demand doesn't meat supply, where as yesterday and the weeks before supply was much smaller than demand.

Down 23% today, now is the time to buy lads.
    I was reading forums and there are people saying that bitcoin will rise again next week as people are funding there accounts which takes a couple of days.

bounce! got on board BTC at 800 should do ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Went from 690 to 740 in the space of about 5 minutes

:D Gained 8% since in half a hour, looks i brought at the right time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

A ponzi scheme involves returns being paid to investors using new investor's money.. It's really quite simple. I don't care about your scumbag argument that much.. It's just inaccurate to start it with a big word you don't understand.
    You can't even bother your arse Googling it - go on, as I said in my last post, put Ponzi Scheme into Google, and click the first link, and see if it bears any resemblance to bubbles like we're seeing now.

Except you know I wasn't arguing what you're pretending I argued, but you want to hold onto that straw-man because it's the only single thing your argument is based on - get back to me when you've taken 5 seconds to type that into Google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Down 23% today, now is the time to buy lads.
    I was reading forums and there are people saying that bitcoin will rise again next week as people are funding there accounts which takes a couple of days.
    Yes, it will return to 'normal' any moment now:
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4b/Stages_of_a_bubble.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://bitcoinity.org/markets

change: -17.17% high: 878.00 low: 609.46

*gets popcorn*

• Advertisement

just bought 250 quark coins for a long hold

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭hungry hippo 4

well done girls, 20 pages and still no explanation!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Make extra popcorn Capt'n, I'll get the drinks.

what do u want to know?

usersame wrote: »
    what do u want to know?

why is my left ball bigger than the right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

well done girls, 20 pages and still no explanation!

cryptographic currency - close thread

rwg wrote: »
    cryptographic currency - close thread

yaw yaw

max keiser answered both my questions.

He also said boards is for queers.

Don't shoot the messenger!

Glad I got out of this muck on time. T'is the biggest load of sh*te ever :D
    Everyone wants their money back for xmas, best to buy in the january sales ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Everyone wants their money back for xmas, best to buy in the january sales ;)

or buy and sell ps4's

• Advertisement

why is my left ball bigger than the right?

There are a lot of potential causes, you should examine your testicles regularly and go to your GP if you notice any lumps or are in any pain

The physiological difference in positioning which can be perceived as size is due to the difference in venous drainage between the two testicles and whether the testicular vein joins the inferior vena cava directly or if it first joins the renal vein

any thing else?

Advertisement