Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Premiere Dates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am really surprised the amount of new shows and returning shows getting early premiere dates by RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Revolution Season 2 starts 20 Oct @10pm Sky1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am really surprised the amount of new shows and returning shows getting early premiere dates by RTE

I've lost count on how many shows that are on early on RTE, or as they like to say See It First.:D
    Certainly beats seeing xmas shows on at Mar or Easter, although i'd imagine Revenge & others will be on late or you never know!;)

Arrow Season 2 starts on October 21 at 8pm on Sky 1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Starting to cop on that Irish viewers are watching from UK channels/pirating rather than waiting for RTE to show it. Fair play to them though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Does anybody know when Moone Boy is back on Sky1?

Fair play to RTE for picking up shows before their UK counterparts, Pat Kennys wage finally being put to decent use.

• Advertisement

Fair play to RTE for picking up shows before their UK counterparts, Pat Kennys wage finally being put to decent use.

Would RTE actually have to pay more to air these shows early though?? Surely its of every party's interest to get a show to the viewer as quickly as possible, so they don't "resort" to viewing elsewhere? I'd imagine RTE and the likes are taking a big risk in purchasing the rights to new shows and airing them ASAP, where they could potentially be cancled at any time.

Basq wrote: »
    Think November was mentioned on Sky 1's Facebook.

No exact date released yet

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Dman001 wrote: »
    Would RTE actually have to pay more to air these shows early though?? Surely its of every party's interest to get a show to the viewer as quickly as possible, so they don't "resort" to viewing elsewhere? I'd imagine RTE and the likes are taking a big risk in purchasing the rights to new shows and airing them ASAP, where they could potentially be cancled at any time.

I know all the Channels need to air programmes as soon as possible to counter the threat from illegal downloading, but RTE also have a huge problem with overspill from the UK Channels.

RTE have more to gain/lose from not being first to air. If they show a programme months after it has aired on (say) Channel 4, many of their potential audience will have seen it there already.

Conversely, If it airs first on RTE, Channel 4 will have only lost a tiny percentage of their potential audience.

RTE i assume,probably would have got AGENTS of SHIELD, considering there was a less exciting 2nd season only to still hang on to Homeland to keep in with the already established fanbase here.

Which made it easy for Ch4 & went with the new hit show, as i dont think they've done that since Friends came out first,Ch4 got it a month or so later, although they must have come into some money themselves as the American Football in Wembley was shown on terrestrial for the first time since the 90's afaik & not just only on Sky.

Similar example on same Networks I noticed when Continuum was shown on SyFy UK first ahead of the US by about a month, as i assumed they'd show it first, til someone told me they paid extra to have it first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Marje wrote: »
    The Tunnel start 16 October @ 9pm Sky Atlantic

Had to look that one up, it sounds remarkably like The Bridge :confused:

Not sure how interested I'd be in a third take on a story in such a short space of time, US version just finished and I only watch the original a few months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭Poochie05

calex71 wrote: »
    Had to look that one up, it sounds remarkably like The Bridge :confused:

Not sure how interested I'd be in a third take on a story in such a short space of time, US version just finished and I only watch the original a few months ago.

Yes, I think the makers are quite open about it being the UK version of The Bridge. Seems to be a popular topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Newsbag S1 starts on 3e, Sat 13/10/13 @ 10pm. New homegrown animation.

When's the new series of Fresh Meat on Ch4 coming back?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

And the other series that's kinda like it but with students in Belfast? Can't for the life of me think of the name

The fifth season of The CW's drama series The Vampire Diaries will receive its UK premiere on ITV2 on Tuesday October 29th at 9pm

Maybe a bit early for this:

TNT has renewed their legal dramedy Franklin & Bash for a fourth season of 10 episodes, which is set to air next Summer. source

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

Season 8 of The Office started on Wednesday on Comedy Central at 10.30. There should be repeats over the weekend, just check listings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭brian_t

The Family Tree starts Monday 28th October on RTE2 at 10.30pm

Family Tree [HBO/BBC2]

brian_t wrote: »
    The Family Tree starts Monday 28th October on RTE2 at 10.30pm

Family Tree [HBO/BBC2]
    Didn't hear much about this when it aired on BBC. Worth the watch?

of course i could be corrected as i saw Steve Coogan aka 'McFeely' briefly when channel switching on the LLS

• Advertisement

hayser wrote: »
    Season 8 of The Office started on Wednesday on Comedy Central at 10.30. There should be repeats over the weekend, just check listings.

Actually its only repeated on Fri nite/Sat morn @1.30am, as i'm watching it now :D
    As i'm late catching up with the series, but James Spader is funny in it, same in Boston Legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Season 2 of Ripper Street starts on BBC1 on Monday 28th October.

Betrayal starts on RTÉ Two on Tuesday 29th October 2013 at 10pm

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (SVU) Season 15 starts tonight on Universal Channel at 10pm

The second season of Person of Interest will receive its UK premiere on Channel 5 today Thursday October 24th at 10pm

Monday - November 4th at 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Flip Flop

brian_t wrote: »
    Monday - November 4th at 10pm

Fresh Meat Series 3 Episode 1 will Premiere on 4OD from 10.00pm on Monday October 28th.

Season 6 of The Mentalist starts on Channel 5 tomorrow Tuesday 29th October at 9.00pm

Bad Education starts Monday 4th November on RTE2 at 11.15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Any idea when Revenge S3 and Grey's Anatomy S10 are released on any Sky channels?

• Advertisement

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Any idea when Revenge S3 and Grey's Anatomy S10 are released on any Sky channels?

No dates confirmed but expected to be January for Revenge and November for Grey's Anatomy.

http://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/

Advertisement