Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Christmas the most over hyped event in human history?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Darlughda wrote: »
    Gosh Big Boy no need to read my posts then if they affect yer buzz. Do you have any cop on? Prozac was over prescribed in the late 90's for people with depression. Are you trying to make some kind of dig at me for not getting with the Cmas gig?

I don't really understand what your problem is matey, I am unique. Nothing goin to change that. But back on topic-actually it is v.v difficult to opt out. Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.
    It's not really that hard to opt out, you obviously didn't want to opt out fully, because it would have given you nothing to whinge about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    It's not really that hard to opt out, you obviously didn't want to opt out fully, because it would have given you nothing to whinge about.

whinge about? he was asked a question. as for prozac? wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

'overrated' - this term is way overused. What you're really saying is that you don't enjoy it as much as the majority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

So, have you ever tried to opt out of the biggest mass annual overwhelm?

Nah, bet you haven't. Too busy wishing merry cmas like a good little sheep to everybody and fishing for the last green triangle out of the tin, while you bore siblings with uninteresting tales about your life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

No, new years is the worse

• Advertisement

So, have you ever tried to opt out of the biggest mass annual overwhelm?

Nah, bet you haven't. Too busy wishing merry cmas like a good little sheep to everybody and fishing for the last green triangle out of the tin, while you bore siblings with uninteresting tales about your life?
    Actually no, I moved away from my family for work and opted to work christmas eve and christmas day, because I don't really care about the holiday, and I like money.

But I'm not a little grinch that is going to whinge about it to everyone else that I don't like it, haven't touched a drop of drink either in the last week or two.

And how does wishing people christmas making you a sheep?

If other people enjoy christmas, and you have a chance to brighten there day, even a small bit, by wishing them a happy christmas, why the fúck wouldn't you?

Actually no, I moved away from my family for work and opted to work christmas eve and christmas day, because I don't really care about the holiday, and I like money.

But I'm not a little grinch that is going to whinge about it to everyone else that I don't like it, haven't touched a drop of drink either in the last week or two.

And how does wishing people christmas making you a sheep?

If other people enjoy christmas, and you have a chance to brighten there day, even a small bit, by wishing them a happy christmas, why the fúck wouldn't you?

Aw diddums spare me the sob story. Maybe yer a bit uptight without the drink! Its just another day, get over it.

Aw diddums spare me the sob story. Maybe yer a bit uptight without the drink! Its just another day, get over it.
    What sob story?

And take your own advice bro, it's only a day, get over it, stop whinging about it on the internet because someone may have wished you a happy christmas :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

The Holocaust.

Im not your bro matey

• Advertisement

Im not your bro matey
    Thank christ for that, I'm friends with enough whingers and dry shítes already, don't need another one.

Im not your bro matey

At least yous are mates then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Christmas is gay.

And take your own advice bro, it's only a day, get over it, stop whinging about it on the internet because someone may have wished you a happy christmas :rolleyes:

Firstly I'm not your or anybody else's bro.

Secondly, I am on the internet same as your self and entitled to my opinion.

Thirdly. 3 people I talked to today are going through bereavement. I would not have the ludricous insensitivitey to wish them happy christmas.

Christmas is gay.

You're thinking of Easter, 13 fellas having a dinner party and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Redsquigy

:eek:At least yous are mates then.

LOL!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

xoxyx wrote: »
    Christmas, for many people, is the one holdiay that people come together to spend time with their loved ones..

Or failing that their families :pac:

Thirdly. 3 people I talked to today are going through bereavement. I would not have the ludricous insensitivitey to wish them happy christmas.

That's not really a point is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

m@cc@ wrote: »
    You're thinking of Easter, 13 fellas having a dinner party and all that.

No, I'm thinking about a bearded man with a big sack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Firstly I'm not your or anybody else's bro.

Secondly, I am on the internet same as your self and entitled to my opinion.

Cool story bro

• Advertisement

No, I'm thinking about a bearded man with a big sack.

Are you saying Chuck Norris is gay? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Who the fup decided it was a good idea to put a holiday/festival which involves substantial numbers of people travelling considerable distances right slap bang in the middle of the most difficult season for travel in the worlds most populous hemisphere ?

Aw diddums spare me the sob story. Its just another day, get over it.

Big difference between your greed for money and people's suffering, Bro.

Big difference between your greed for money and people's suffering, Bro.
    Yeah, greed for money isn't a sob story.

At least I used your quote in the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Christmas is for Children mostly. Have a few youngsters around makes all the difference.
    Nice for adults to have an excuse to play a few board games, spend some quality time together to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, bit that side of it doesnt work for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 45772

Yes OP im with u all the way..Christmas is overated. I decided this year not to exchange gifts with my family, after my dinner and watched tv with family and replied to texts I spent the remainder of the evening catching up on work. I like Christmas but the hype pre-christmas gets to me all the more this year since I have the flu...maybe thats partly why im kranky and posting on this thread! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rorymcgrory

What a pointless thread. Thank god i'm not the only loser posting on christmas day!

Merry christmas losers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

No the holocaust was. Who cares if a bunch of jews died?
    Nah I'm only trolling. Christmas sucks donkey d!ck

• Advertisement

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Nah I'm only trolling.

Phew, it's as well you said that. You need to be careful, dude.

Advertisement