Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Korea ready for 'holy war' with the South

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

No, they haven't a hope of winning, but they sure as sh!t are going to go out with a helluva bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Biggins wrote: »
    North Korea is full of crap.
    They have three things going for them.
    1. They MIGHT have a nuke (- but no way to fire it!).
    2. They have a massive human army.
    3. They have the capability within 2/3 days to flatten South Korea's capital by artillery shell fire.

Thats said,
    * They KNOW after all their bullschite, that America alone would destroy what little capabilities they have.
    * They KNOW the USA would bomb them back into the last century (Hell, most of the folk are still living there anyway!).
    * They KNOW for all the soldiers they have in the world, that they are trapped to a great deal within their own countries borders.
    * They KNOW one EMP weapon from Japan/USA/etc would devastate their communications systems alone within a day - which would lead to a further quicker destruction of military and political chains of command.
    * They KNOW that possibly except for China and... well no one in such size, would back them up. ...And even China has made it very clear recently that they are sick of the North Korean nutcase actions!

The problem with that is your using logic...

We dont have to worry about the unwillingness of the North Korea army to fight...As long as the guy in control doesnt give a **** about them or himself dying (hell, maybe even he believes he's a god!) then the world has a problem.
    We all have already seen the consequences of trying to fight people who have no fear of dying...:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The problem with that is your using logic...

We dont have to worry about the unwillingness of the North Korea army to fight...As long as the guy in control doesnt give a **** about them or himself dying (hell, maybe even he believes he's a god!) then the world has a problem.

Well the guy(s) in charge don't give a toss for their lower minions. we know it, and they know we know it.
    So at the end of the day, for all the lunatic things they might try and do for a day or two if they decided to start something, within that same day of two they would have invoked their own demise too. They know this too.
    We all have already seen the consequences of trying to fight people who have no fear of dying...eek.gif
    We have but those two earlier sides where somewhat more evenly matched in tech, equipage and possibly intelligence.
    North Korea can have all the suicidal soldiers it wants but with any one stragic launched missile and/or bomb... game over.
    ...And thats before they even try and cross over any borders!

When I hear North Korea is making threats, I go "Meh!"
    I roll back again and go asleep!
    Let them try something real instead of attacking innocent obscure islands that can't fight back, and then see how long they last.
    They are like the boy who cried wolf. Its gotten to be a very boring and a sad (non-funny) joke when North Korea speaks.

They are like a drunk in a bar, ranting and raving.
    Sure we hear the annoying gobschie but in reality, no one is taking him seriously. Just letting him blow off steam - and IF the idiot is stupid to pick up a weapon and for a god-damn change, make a serious attack well they are fcuked anyway, and good riddance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

scrapsmac wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12067735

I know there's non stop bickering between the two but this doesn't sound good..

I'd love if there's a good old bloody war again ... something to watch on the TV at least. And because Ireland's neutral, there's no threat of us getting nuked. YEAH!!

Surely someone in North Korea realises that if they were to launch a nuclear attack against South Korea, they'd be as badly damaged by the blast? It'd be like Scotland launching an attack against Southern England.

Eh no. If I plant a 2 megaton nuclear device in Liverpool the blast radius would definitely not reach Edinburgh. The DPRK doesn't even have something as powerful as a 2 megaton.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Holy war...jihad......fight to the death....blah blah blah......bring it on, like the much hyped elite Republican Guard in Iraq who promised would fight to the death, they soiled themselves at the sight of the enemy and started waving white flags.

The same could be said of the starving North Korean population who after 3 to 4 days of strategic bombing will begin to wilt.

It's time to put manners on Kim and see what he's made of once and for all.

cypharius wrote: »
    The North Koreans treat Kim Yong Il like a god in flesh, remember they have no access to outside media, he can make them think whatever he wants them to. North Korea has the 4th largest army in the entire world. With 1,106,000 active troops and 8,200,000 in reserve.

Yes, it's probably just dick waving but if something happens the **** will hit the fan.

They may have the 4th largest army by number of troops but they certainly don't have the best military technology. The last time they probably undated their armaments was in the early 1970's. Some reports even say that they're using a lot of the same aircraft and tanks from the last Korean War. 100,000 South Koreans could easily defeat 1,000,000 North Koreans. It'd be like the British against the Zulu Tribe.
    FruitLover wrote: »
    See, this would make sense to a logical person or government. Unfortunately, North Korea has crazy idiots at the helm, so it's impossible to predict.

America can't afford another war.

How about a nuclear war.
    Xluna wrote: »
    If I were Japanese I'd want that American written constitution torn up so Japan could arm itself in preparation for an attack. Japan is the most likely target for North Korean aggresion, as it is defenceless.

Defensively not defenseless. It's constitution restricts if from going on the offensive, not the defensive. It has some of the most high-tech military equipment in the world, even by American standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

North Korea reminds me of that mouthy little knacker that we all know who hangs around outside nightclubs giving people grief and trying to start on them. He keeps getting more and more cheeky, not knowing that in a short while he is going to get chinned hard....like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k1gu-OAgV4

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Xluna wrote: »
    By our standards maybe. But when you're neighbour is North Korea...

Japan has the 4th largest defence budget in the world. By anyone's standards, they're not defenceless.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 81,721 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

scrapsmac wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12067735

I know there's non stop bickering between the two but this doesn't sound good..
    More Sabre Rattling.

Seriously it's been the same thing for years. And look, they had the Navy Drills on Monday and there was no reaction from the North Koreans. They don't want a war, they just want to appear Tough.
    Japan has the 4th largest defence budget in the world. By anyone's standards, they're not defenceless.

NTM
    They still can't operate outside of their sovereignty though can they.
    Eh no. If I plant a 2 megaton nuclear device in Liverpool the blast radius would definitely not reach Edinburgh. The DPRK doesn't even have something as powerful as a 2 megaton.
    Correct. Last I checked their weapons yield measured in Kilotons. Not much more than the Little Boy or the Fat Man - but still capable of casualties in the 6-digits.

• Advertisement

They still can't operate outside of their sovereignty though can they.

I met this fine gentleman on my Iraq jaunt.

http://data.primeportal.net/iraq/Japan.JPG

600 Japanese soldiers seemed to operate in Iraq just fine for a couple of years.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Overheal wrote: »
    ......They still can't operate outside of their sovereignty though can they.

Theres a number of loopholes, most significant of which - outside of maintaining a cordon on Monster Island - is their obligation to maintain relations with the US. The proximity of NK means that they could be deployed defensively, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jiffybag

Surely someone in North Korea realises that if they were to launch a nuclear attack against South Korea, they'd be as badly damaged by the blast? It'd be like Scotland launching an attack against Southern England.

I would pay good money to see that!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

North Korea is just as religious as the next nut job country.

Only difference us they replace the word "God" or "Allah" with "The Great Leader".

But like the rest of them its a population tricked by lies and propaganda, with dashing of fear thrown in there.

I really do pity the north Koreans though. They're are totally cut off, living in a country like something from 1900's russia. No clue about the outside world apart from what the lies they're told.

The contrast between the two koreas is amazing, the south is like traveling 30 years into the future, the north, 100 years into the past.

Whatever does happen, one guarantee is that the north korean people will suffer greatly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

NTM

Why do you sign all of your posts NTM :confused:

Yeah I find that annoying too, I have no idea why. Just gives off a smarmy vibe to the end of his post, even though he probably has no intention of coming off like that at all......

Probably :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

RonMexico wrote: »

You two going to start a war over it...:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

it's his name.

nigel terrance moran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Good.

Bring it on.

Nuclear f*cking war = permanent solution.

It'll take our minds off the IMF loan for a few days (until the radiation sickness sets in and we puke and our hair begins to fall out)

Because any other combination of letters would be someone else's initials.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Weird.

See! He did it again!

Its worse then the rollyeyes I tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

It'd be like the British against the Zulu Tribe.
    Underestimating them and getting a column wiped out ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

The US should just get the approval of China, plus Russia if need be, and just invade North Korea.

I can guarantee you they would have Pyongang in less than 2 weeks. They could then smash the statues of Kim Il-Sung.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rhamiel

Yeah there's naaaaaaghtin good on the telly.. want a good war to liven things up!

.. at least till Israel an Iran go at it anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

More importantly what I want to know is will Sky have the war in HD or 3-D?

Advertisement