Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Korea ready for 'holy war' with the South

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

ScumLord wrote: »
    What religion is north Korea? Aren't they the atheist country?
    KeithAFC wrote: »
    Yep. No doubt them being faithless is a big reason for this. They should take Jesus Christ into their hearts and pray to him.

Nope, not atheist. In fact the state sponsors many religions through groups like the Korean Christian Foundation amongst others. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Christian_Federation

But maybe they just need to take Jesus Christ into their hearts really really harder Keith? What ye reckon?

There is also Juche which is an ideology and personality cult but looks awfully like I imagine most religions did when they started out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

stand by for a U.S "peace invasion" of pakistan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

digme wrote: »
    you've that the other way round,America would love another war.
    And no better place to have it than in Asia to keep china in check,it's not bad enough they have Russia surrounded.

I understood that if the US wasn't up to its eyeballs in what they owe the Chinese, they wouldn't be able to afford to fight any wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

dlofnep wrote: »
    Nothing will happen. Both have too much to lose to engage in a large scale war.

See, this would make sense to a logical person or government. Unfortunately, North Korea has crazy idiots at the helm, so it's impossible to predict.
    digme wrote: »
    America would love another war

America can't afford another war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

ScumLord wrote: »
    What religion is north Korea? Aren't they the atheist country?
    They don't. Kim Il-sung (Kim Jong-il's aul lad) is the 'Supreme Leader'. So it's citizen's are made to believe he is God and I think they refer to him as such as well. His birthday is a public holiday apparently. Think it just means you get a breadcrumb at dinner to dip into your soup made completely from water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

FruitLover wrote: »
    America can't afford another war.
    Wars' don't cost America money, well not the Americans who start them and profit out of the wars. Sure the ordinary citizen will pay for the war with money and lives but the people who decide on whether to go to war or not can make huge profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dlofnep wrote: »
    Posturing. Nothing will happen. At least, nothing major. Both have too much to lose to engage in a large scale war.
    South Korea has lots to loose, having built up a nice place since the truce. North Korea has not much to loose - the country has gone to hell, and they are sanctioned left right and center.
    Surely someone in North Korea realises that if they were to launch a nuclear attack against South Korea, they'd be as badly damaged by the blast? It'd be like Scotland launching an attack against Southern England.
    They set a blast off on it's own soil. I don't think the ruling party will care if any of the pheasants, from the South or the North, gets killed.

Heck, they attacked some island in South Korea, and when South Korea responded, North said something along the lines of "if South Korea attack us again, we'll nuke them" - they acted as if they were the victims, and as if they had never bombed the island. Looking at this sort of mindset makes me think that they should be watched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

If I were Japanese I'd want that American written constitution torn up so Japan could arm itself in preparation for an attack. Japan is the most likely target for North Korean aggresion, as it is defenceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Hey Kimmy, you're so fine
    You're so fine, you blow my mind
    Hey Kimmy

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Xluna wrote: »
    If I were Japanese I'd want that American written constitution torn up so Japan could arm itself in preparation for an attack. Japan is the most likely target for North Korean aggresion, as it is defenceless.

Japan is hardly defenseless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

North Korea won't attack for one simple reason: They can't win. There is no realistic outcome where there will still be a 'North' Korea on the map after such a war.

strobe wrote: »
    true link

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    North Korea won't attack for one simple reason: They can't win. There is no realistic outcome where there will still be a 'North' Korea on the map after such a war.

Since when has being realistic mattered at all to North Korea? Their entire country operates under various lies. They're raised on lies. It's all propaganda. I hate to say it but I think you're overestimating their sense of reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

By our standards maybe. But when you're neighbour is North Korea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Nope, not atheist. In fact the state sponsors many religions through groups like the Korean Christian Foundation amongst others. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Christian_Federation

But maybe they just need to take Jesus Christ into their hearts really really harder Keith? What ye reckon?

There is also Juche which is an ideology and personality cult but looks awfully like I imagine most religions did when they started out.
    Oh look, i caught myself a great big whopper. Quick, take a picture.

Oh look, i caught myself a great big whopper. Quick, take a picture.
    *CLICK*

pmcmahon wrote: »
    :pac:

But seriously, the world would be a better place if everyone followed the lord Jesus Christ.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

scrapsmac wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12067735

I know there's non stop bickering between the two but this doesn't sound good..
    Meh!
    Here we go again with the usual schite from a nutcase.

But seriously, the world would be a better place if everyone followed the lord Jesus Christ.

LOL Good one! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mark27

I hope there is a war, im sick of all this snow in Ireland!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Multiple choice question

BBC reporter of North Korean "holy war:"
    a. Should become actor in LOST (in translation)
    b. Credited with war slogan "Remember the Maine DMZ!"
    c. Told that Atari Jaguar's can fly
    d. All of the above
    e. None of the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

:pac: But seriously, the world would be a better place if everyone followed the lord Jesus Christ.

I'll nuke you if you try and impose yer Lord on me biyo. That feudal system should be abolished, better methinks if we all followed communism.

gbee wrote: »
    I'll nuke you if you try and impose yer Lord on me biyo. That feudal system should be abolished, better methinks if we all followed communism.
    you are a pure example of the devil within people,jesus can fulfill your life if you just accept him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

liah wrote: »
    Since when has being realistic mattered at all to North Korea? Their entire country operates under various lies. They're raised on lies. It's all propaganda. I hate to say it but I think you're overestimating their sense of reason.

i'm trying to understand this post with relation to the one you've quoted. he's simply said that north korea wouldn't win a war. yes their country is based on lies and informants, but why would that be overestimating their sense of reason?

That's the great thing about Catholicism - it's very vague and no-one knows what its really all about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

North Korea would lose any exchange..thier equipment is crappy,soviet-era hardware that would be rapidly destroyed by the up-to-date yank stuff that South Korea is armed with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

North Korea is full of crap.
    They have three things going for them.
    1. They MIGHT have a nuke (- but no way to fire it!).
    2. They have a massive human army.
    3. They have the capability within 2/3 days to flatten South Korea's capital by artillery shell fire.

Thats said,
    * They KNOW after all their bullschite, that America alone would destroy what little capabilities they have.
    * They KNOW the USA would bomb them back into the last century (Hell, most of the folk are still living there anyway!).
    * They KNOW for all the soldiers they have in the world, that they are trapped to a great deal within their own countries borders.
    * They KNOW one EMP weapon from Japan/USA/etc would devastate their communications systems alone within a day - which would lead to a further quicker destruction of military and political chains of command.
    * They KNOW that possibly except for China and... well no one in such size, would back them up. ...And even China has made it very clear recently that they are sick of the North Korean nutcase actions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

i'm grying to understand this post with relation to the one you've quoted. he's simply said that north korea wouldn't win a war. yes their country is based on lies and informants, but why would that be overestimating their sense of reason?

He was saying it wasn't realistic for North Korea to act out and therefore they wouldn't. I was saying it's overestimating their sense of reason to expect them to think realistically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

liah wrote: »
    He was saying it wasn't realistic for North Korea to act out and therefore they wouldn't. I was saying it's overestimating their sense of reason to expect them to think realistically.

ah right. i think he just mean that no matter what happens, north korea haven't a hope of winning.

anyway, here's an idea of a religious ideology there.

Advertisement