Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the F *CK!!!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

grenache wrote: »

I'd prefer if more women didn't go out dressed like prostitutes, yes. Slutty does not equal sexy. Take a look around any Irish city on a weekend night, some of the outfits some (not all) girls wear are fcuking disgusting.

So what?

Let them at it.

It's not like it affects your life. People dress & will dress as so pleases them. Some dress up as sluts, some dress up as squares, some as hipsters, some as whatever. It's all personal choice. If everyone looked the same, the world would be a very boring place indeed.

You need to let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

jd007 wrote: »
    You sound like you're great craic.
    That's cause I am :)

I'm also a fan of class. Something a couple of posters on this thread aren't a party to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

So what?

Let them at it.

It's not like it affects your life. People dress & will dress as so pleases them. Some dress up as sluts, some dress up as squares, some as hipsters, some as whatever. It's all personal choice. If everyone looked the same, the world would be a very boring place indeed.

You need to let it go.
    Doesn't affect my life at all, but it does not mean i can't state my opinion on it. That is what boards is for after all, is it not?

I think you should go to Paris, Berlin or Rome for a weekend and see how the people dress there. I have many Erasmus friends from college, of all European nationalities, and the one thing they all agree is the lack of class many Irish girls display on a night out. Yes there are lots of women who dress very well, and i'm not afraid to acknowledge that; but my lord there are equally as many who go out looking like kerb crawlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Yup. Not worth it alot of the time. But sometimes you have to stand up to these people.

Nearly had my throat slit while trying to defuse a situation. They went for the fellas neck and I pushed him out of way while putting myself stupidly in the line of the broken bottle.

Barely missed my neck.
    Had been calm up until then!

Then I snapped :pac:

EDIT: The fight was also a chain of events cause by stupid little teenage girls that don't know how to keep their legs closed and some Irish peoples fear of foreigners! Friggin awful night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Yup. Not worth it alot of the time. But sometimes you have to stand up to these people.

Nearly had my throat slit while trying to defuse a situation. They went for the fellas neck and I pushed him out of way while putting myself stupidly in the line of the broken bottle.

Barely missed my neck.
    Had been calm up until then!

Then I snapped :pac:

Marry me, I need a woman like you to protect me :p

• Advertisement

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Marry me, I need a woman like you to protect me :p

FINALLY!!!!!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Yet another reason not to put yourself out there or be a good Samaritan.

Next time, let the Emergency services deal with this, this lad who got beaten can call them himself

Reminds of cases where you see some lad beating his girlfriend, you step in and they both turn on you. I've been in that situation!
    Sorry but I'm staying out of everything unless I know somebody personally

If she turns on you like that, then you knock her the fcuk out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Sounds to me like he must have done something scummy to deserve the hiding he got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    FINALLY!!!!!
    :pac:

I'll be Whitney Houston and you can be my Kevin Costner :p

Seriously though, you could have been seriously hurt.

Be more careful Miss Toni T :cool:

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    Sounds to me like he must have done something scummy to deserve the hiding he got.

Assume much?

How have you come to that conclusion?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

all the wimmins who dress like that are ignorant rude feminist whores anyway, so i just ignore them

problem solved

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I have many Erasmus friends from college, of all European nationalities, and the one thing they all agree is the lack of class many Irish girls display on a night out. Yes there are lots of women who dress very well, and i'm not afraid to acknowledge that; but my lord there are equally as many who go out looking like kerb crawlers.

Yes maybe they like that look. It's their style.

And tbh why would they care why you and your Erasmus friends from college agree on (WTF??)

Dude get a grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Doesn't affect my life at all, but it does not mean i can't state my opinion on it. That is what boards is for after all, is it not?

I think you should go to Paris, Berlin or Rome for a weekend and see how the people dress there. I have many Erasmus friends from college, of all European nationalities, and the one thing they all agree is the lack of class many Irish girls display on a night out. Yes there are lots of women who dress very well, and i'm not afraid to acknowledge that; but my lord there are equally as many who go out looking like kerb crawlers.

A kerb crawler is a prozzies customer!!

I was in Berlin recently, plenty of miniskirts, hot pants and bras.

Perhaps you should write a letter to your local TD asking him to tighten the morality laws in Ireland, can't have people expressing themselves and dressing sexily!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Anytime I've tried to help someone like that it has ended up with nothing but trouble from me. Anymore I'm just going to keep walking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

yeah same here, they are less than impressed with the state of the women on nights out here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Wompa1

The Donkey Speaks!

I agree though a lot of girls in Ireland dress like trash on a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

you might be able to excuse him for being traumatised but his mates have no excuse. I'd report the pricks and have them done for assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Yeah but a lot of guys dress like knackers. Stop with the women hating maybe???:rolleyes: So pathetic really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I think you should go to Paris, Berlin or Rome for a weekend and see how the people dress there.

And I think you should be less condescending in your presumption that I've never travelled in Europe.

curlzy wrote: »
    Yeah but a lot of guys dress like knackers. Stop with the women hating maybe???:rolleyes: So pathetic really.

Comments on women dressing like sluts does not equate to "woman hating"... It's factual.

• Advertisement

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I'll be Whitney Houston and you can be my Kevin Costner :p

Seriously though, you could have been seriously hurt.

Be more careful Miss Toni T :cool:

OoooOoooOoooh. They had sexy time in that film....well it is implied therefore we will have to too :eek::eek::eek::pac:

Ah yeah I have avoided that town since and from now on only go to house parties at my own friends houses.

The guards and everything had to be called as the lad went away and got a knife and was standing outside the house ready to kill my mate. Psycho.
    Course the guards took all the details from me then when I mentioned the fellas name they stopped and looked at each other and there attitudes totally changed. I knew nothing would be done about it. The psycho was the son of the local sergent!

In fairness to the OP it was a ****ty thing to happen but if you seen your mate all covered in blood and few lads around him, anger and tempers can fly esp if alcohol is involved. Plus of course they gonna believe their mate when he pointed yous out. Hope you can get it all sorted dude.

Advertisement