Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the F *CK!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

OutlawPete wrote: »
    ...... the amount of girl's in mini skirts in this weather is remarkable and has to be commended.

agreed
    CorkMan wrote: »
    Damn knackers.

if this is a reply to outlawpete's post, surely you meant to say "Damn knickers"??? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

Just wondering op could it be possible that it was one of your friends who gave him the hiding origionally and he returned to the scene while you were giving first aid, hence the guy who was assaulted making the claim to his friends, could be a possibility you might not have not been aware off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Oh, booze. Sure aren't we a mighty nation for the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Oh, booze. Sure aren't we a mighty nation for the craic?

Begorrah and bejaney we are surely.

So OP have you contacted this guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Drunk people are idiots. Yeah, me too when I'm drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

biko wrote: »
    Drunk people are idiots. Yeah, me too when I'm drunk.

I refuse to believe that, oh Mod my Mod.

I refuse to believe that, oh Mod my Mod.
    There have been more severe allegations made in the past (most unintentionally hilarious post of the year):
    I suspect some of the mods participate in drug taking, thus they don't view the topic as something which should be censored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Bosco boy wrote: »
    Just wondering op could it be possible that it was one of your friends who gave him the hiding origionally and he returned to the scene while you were giving first aid, hence the guy who was assaulted making the claim to his friends, could be a possibility you might not have not been aware off!
    Not a hope, we were together all night and he went for me :rolleyes:
    not rang him yet as I'm only awake :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

OP, you should have finished the job and put him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Myself and a group of mates got jumped by a bunch of absolute scum at 1.30am on Christmas morning a few years ago. All for over-taking them on the footpath, walking home, and saying Merry Christmas. I spent Christmas and Stephen's Day eating on one side of my mouth as I had a tooth cracked in half after being punched in the face. Christmas brings out the best in some people.

Heard one of the scumbags later died of a heroin overdose. GOD BLESS US, EVERYONE!

• Advertisement

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Myself and a group of mates got jumped by a bunch of absolute scum at 1.30am on Christmas morning a few years ago. All for over-taking them on the footpath, walking home, and saying Merry Christmas.
    Mate, I'm a borderline pacifist, but if someone overtook me or one of my children on the footpath I don't I think could be held accountable for what I might do.

Mate, I'm a borderline pacifist, but if someone overtook me or one of my children on the footpath I don't I think could be held accountable for what I might do.
    .... what?

Sanjuro wrote: »
    .... what?
    I jest, I jest...that was just one of the most ludicrously disproportionate punishments for a "crime" I've heard in a long while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

kincsem wrote: »
    It is dangerous at night in this country since the drinking laws were changed years ago and cocaine use became popular. Unprovoked assault is common. Many carry knives.

What should you do if you see someone in trouble? My guess is phone the police from a safe distance.
    Thats the proper course of action, mind you if I saw someone lying in the snow bleeding I'd go over and get them somewhere warm anyway.

I don't know when things got so bad on the streets at night, I remember some nasty gangs going around in the 80s, and I wouldn't know about the 70s or earlier. The random element to the violence isn't just confined to a certain crowd either, for whom prison is a rite of manhood, it's what could be charitably described as "normal" people as well.

I jest, I jest...that was just one of the most ludicrously disproportionate punishments for a "crime" I've heard in a long while.
    Oh right! Just wasn't sure I got it! Yeah, they were a pleasant bunch of gentlemen to meet on a cold, frosty Christmas morn. They were good enough to pick us up off the ground after they'd kicked us about. And then they walked off. Sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭dabestman1

Just been reading some of these posts and it seems to me that the samaritan thing to do is help someone who has been beaten up but the smart thing is not to bother. Modern Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

rex-x wrote: »
    Just back from a night on the tiles as the designated driver, I was walking back to the car when I noticed a chap with the head bet off him so I got tissues etc and cleaned him up with my friend. then I rang his brother and friends who came down to us and we were going home when he said that we had attacked him!!!!!! :eek: so cue 7 lads jumping on us and I just managed to get to the car to call the rest of my group up and we got things settled but even after one fella was pinned and we said calm and we will let you go he was released and he just took cheap shots then!!!!!!

Allegedly we bet him up badly, then cleaned him up called his brother and waited there until they turned up????????? idiots

I'm not sorry I helped as I would like anyone to help me but come on!!

Excuse the posts lack of emmmm real thought but I'm so F*cking pissed off, you cant help someone nowadays :rolleyes:

Fair play for doing the right thing all the same though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

It is dangerous at night in this country since the drinking laws were changed years ago and cocaine use became popular. Unprovoked assault is common. Many carry knives.

In my experience, your more likely to get a hug of someone on coke then a few digs

What should you do if you see someone in trouble? My guess is phone the police from a safe distance.
    I have no love for coke, far from it, but this is bull****. Alcohol is, and always has been, by far the most common drug implicated in assaults, unprovoked or otherwise.

It's also pretty rare to find someone on coke who hasn't drunk their share as well. The two together are a nightmare combination.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

dabestman1 wrote: »
    Just been reading some of these posts and it seems to me that the samaritan thing to do is help someone who has been beaten up but the smart thing is not to bother. Modern Ireland

The "not to bother" is due to it being more hassle to you then it's worth as per the OP's post. He tried to help but ended up getting harrased over it.

The intention is not a problem, the likely consequences are...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I was in a similar situation a few years back. I came accross this guy trying to rape a girl. pulled him off gave him a few digs and he ran off with his trousers falling down. Poor girl was in hysterics naturally. The guards came around the corner a few minutes later, hopped out of the car and tried to nab me for it.

A taxi man came around the corner (it was near a rank) and said it wasnt me and your man had run off. just then the attempted rapist came back, i dont know why maybe he dropped ID. but the guards grabbed him and i legged it.

sometimes there is a lot of confusion in these situations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Cannabis claims another victim...............

dabestman1 wrote: »

I know its terrible. I don't know if its apathy, selfishness or cowardice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I came accross this guy trying to rape a girl. pulled him off

Nice of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

A guy I knew (a good few yrs back) stepped in to break up a fight one night over in London - got one stab to the heart and died on the scene. That's the sort of stuff that makes you think twice when you see something going on.

pawrick wrote: »
    A guy I knew (a good few yrs back) stepped in to break up a fight one night over in London - got one stab to the heart and died on the scene. That's the sort of stuff that makes you think twice when you see something going on.

Jesus. thats terrible. I guess that fear is always there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Yet another reason not to put yourself out there or be a good Samaritan.

Next time, let the Emergency services deal with this, this lad who got beaten can call them himself

Reminds of cases where you see some lad beating his girlfriend, you step in and they both turn on you. I've been in that situation!
    Sorry but I'm staying out of everything unless I know somebody personally

+1, helped out in a situation like this once, ended up with a broken nose, my little rule now is do not get involved under any circumstances, I'll call the emergency services for someone if they need help, let them deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭dabestman1

+1, helped out in a situation like this once, ended up with a broken nose, my little rule now is do not get involved under any circumstances, I'll call the emergency services for someone if they need help, let them deal with it.
    similar thing happened to me, couldnt agree more.... weve got to a stage where louts are ruining peoples nights out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The Gnome wrote: »
    Indeed, it's a well known fact all women dressed in mini-skirts are tramps... sexy, sexy tramps.
    If you read my quote again you will see i said "like tramps".
    Holy fuck. Are you really that backward?

Would you prefer that women cover up more?

Burka, perhaps?

Christ. You should join the priesthood or some other sexually repressed organisation.

You'd fit in nicely.

Just make sure you don't touch yourself. You can go to hell for that.
    Over-reaction, perhaps?

I'd prefer if more women didn't go out dressed like prostitutes, yes. Slutty does not equal sexy. Take a look around any Irish city on a weekend night, some of the outfits some (not all) girls wear are fcuking disgusting.

I like to see a bit of flesh as much as the next young man, but i don't think watching a young girl falling over herself wearing what can only be described as a belt for a skirt, is in anyway attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

grenache wrote: »
    I'd prefer if more women didn't go out dressed like prostitutes, yes. Slutty does not equal sexy. Take a look around any Irish city on a weekend night, some of the outfits some (not all) girls wear are fcuking disgusting.

I like to see a bit of flesh as much as the next young man, but i don't think watching a young girl falling over herself wearing what can only be described as a belt for a skirt, is in anyway attractive.

You sound like you're great craic.

Advertisement