Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timed in the Loo

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Its An Irish Business thats been in the news lately, don't wanna say what it is, but i'm part of the lowest level in the company and as such we're walked on by management, abused by customers and thought of as W*nkers by elements of the public/media because they can't seperate the decision makers from the proles.

Does it rhyme with Mango?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

TheZohan wrote: »
    Does it rhyme with Mango?

No, Although Its Borderline as bad as Mango.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭lyverbird1

Jaysis, in a place like this, you'd be screwed if the supervisor saw you nipping to the jacks with the Indo tucked under your arm for a good '**** & read' session. You'd have to get a bit clandestine at sneaking in such reading materials - that might put any of the broadsheets out of the reckoning. I've personally found the games on the iPhone to be a jacks entertainment blessing, easily taken in to avoid zealous supervisory observation...

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

How long have you been working the Führer OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

No, Although Its Borderline as bad as Mango.
    what does it rhyme with then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

dan185 wrote: »
    what does it rhyme with then?
    Ah-eye-bee??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭SarahMs

Used to work in a clothes shop.... a pretty expensive well known one.... and it wasn't uncommon for them to 'limit' our toilet breaks. Until one day I caught my manager making lurve in the stock room......after that somehow all the ladies floor staff seemed to enjoy their job a lot better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

sollar wrote: »
    Any company that treats their staff like that doesn't deserve any effort over and above the min.

Nearly all call centres (often known as "graduate knowledge economy" jobs) are like that re toilet breaks etc. Used live with a girl working in one - they were allowed a certain amount of time every month when they were not on a call or ready to take one. Worked out about 5 min a day or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

godscop wrote: »
    Jayus, the fella who works with me nips out for a ****..

You told me you wouldn't tell anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

If I'm hungover I spend half d day hiding in d toilets:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

12 Minutes? You may go over, or you may go under but how da fcuk does someone decide on a time allocation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

So you would have to have your morning wank whilst shiting? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

An Irish Business

The op snuck that one in ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

I believe people should have a bar wherever they work and be entitled to use it up 4 hours within work hours.

Such a place exists.

It's called Dail Eireann.

http://media.tribune.ie/site_media/photologue/photos/2010/Jul/04/cache/dail_bar037101_display.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I have a friend who runs a holistic centre and he treats IBS and he's told me about how it can affect somebodies life. If somebody is suffering from IBS it can be a nightmare in terms of stop\start urges , false alarms etc. To an uninformed onlooker it can look like the person is 'dossing off' on Facebook on their phone in the cubical etc. I know there are people who do this but it's not exactly the kind of thing that people like disclosing to close friends let alone work colleagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Seanachai wrote: »
    I have a friend who runs a holistic centre and he treats IBS and he's told me about how it can affect somebodies life. If somebody is suffering from IBS it can be a nightmare in terms of stop\start urges , false alarms etc. To an uninformed onlooker it can look like the person is 'dossing off' on Facebook on their phone in the cubical etc. I know there are people who do this but it's not exactly the kind of thing that people like disclosing to close friends let alone work colleagues.

Thank you!

I have IBS and working in this type of environment would be absolute torture for me. well I just plain couldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Allocated time for bathroom usage!? Anyone who works in an environment like that seriously has my sympathies. Personally I couldn't abide by it. Legally letting someone go because they "exceed the twelve minutes a month allocated to use the facilities" wouldn't be accepted in the LRC, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Allocated time for bathroom usage!? Anyone who works in an environment like that seriously has my sympathies. Personally I couldn't abide by it. Legally letting someone go because they "exceed the twelve minutes a month allocated to use the facilities" wouldn't be accepted in the LRC, that's for sure.
    Do you go to the jaxx much at work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Call centres are run to the minute, I worked in one previously and if you logged in at 9:01 you were late, simple as, you had to be "ready to work" at 9am. We had 2 x 15 minute breaks, a half hour lunch and 5 minutes personal time per day and to be fair, it was grand, you get used to it.

OP - lucky you with your 12 minutes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

If I need to take a dump at work, I would usually prepare myself by finding a useful article on the interweb, perhaps a wikipedia subject or short story or perhaps even an interesting newspaper article, send it to the printer. On my way to the stalls, collect item from printer and retire to trap 2. Reading material in hand, I can have my 20 min dump time whilst leisurely perusing said printed material.
    You just can't have a sh1te without having something to read, and some things just can't be rushed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I've worked in a call centre - not as strict as x number of minutes per day away from desk, the weekly total is taken into account, and if it is continuously too high, the staff member would be told to reduce it, but there wouldn't be uproar or anything for exceeding it; takes a few warnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

I remember reading before that in Poland (IIRC), a certain German supermarket used to make the female staff wear wrist-bands to signify when it was their lady time. If they didn't have the band, tough luck. It was perhaps the most f.ucked up employment story I've read in a long time, though the OP is a close second.

ETA: Found a link. It was Czech and Polish women and some versions say they had to wear headbands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Millicent wrote: »
    I remember reading before that in Poland (IIRC), a certain German supermarket used to make the female staff wear wrist-bands to signify when it was their lady time. If they didn't have the band, tough luck. It was perhaps the most f.ucked up employment story I've read in a long time, though the OP is a close second.

ETA: Found a link. It was Czech and Polish women and some versions say they had to wear headbands.

If thats true the women working for them are twice the fools! ****ing hell Hitler is still going with that attitude!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Sitec wrote: »
    If thats true the women working for them are twice the fools! ****ing hell Hitler is still going with that attitude!

Did you just Godwin a thread about poo breaks? :pac: Kudos, especially given the Polish/German dynamic of the situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

stoneill wrote: »
    If I need to take a dump at work, I would usually prepare myself by finding a useful article on the interweb, perhaps a wikipedia subject or short story or perhaps even an interesting newspaper article, send it to the printer. On my way to the stalls, collect item from printer and retire to trap 2. Reading material in hand, I can have my 20 min dump time whilst leisurely perusing said printed material.
    You just can't have a sh1te without having something to read, and some things just can't be rushed.

Iphone dude... just incase you get through the article too quick... toilet time has never been so educational.

Advertisement