Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timed in the Loo

Options
  • 22-12-2010 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭

Was reading the thread about the hungover/drunk guy in work and it was suggested that he take a few 5/10 min toilet breaks during the day to clear his head.

In my job i have 12 minutes a day allocated to me for using the facilities, getting water etc.

Does anyone else have these restrictions on them??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

Oh yeah, i have to clock in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard... What if you've got the runs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If you've got the runs, you have to make it up over the rest of the month. Your monthly average has to below 12 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I'm up for water every 5 mins (drink about 10 litres a day) and as a byproduct I use the jacks at a similar frequency.

Do you live in North Korea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Was reading the thread about the hungover/drunk guy in work and it was suggested that he take a few 5/10 min toilet breaks during the day to clear his head.

In my job i have 12 minutes a day allocated to me for using the facilities, getting water etc.

How long have you been working in the Chinese sweat shop anyway??

• Advertisement

If you've got the runs, you have to make it up over the rest of the month. Your monthly average has to below 12 minutes.

Typical pubic sector ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Are you working for a US or German company (or even in the US or Germany)
    I've never heard of anything like that before.
    The time taken to clock in/out would probably take up another 12 minutes a month. I assume you clock on your PC?

Do a **** at your desk..That teach em..:cool:

Its an Irish companys call centre.

One girl was actually told by her teamleader to walk faster to and from the bathroom, and to use tissue to dry her hands rather than the hand-dryer. It'd be funny if it wasn't true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Never heard of such nonsense. I could see restricting them cheeky funking smokers taking numerous smoke breaks but going to the bog? Nah.

• Advertisement

Its an Irish companys call centre.

One girl was actually told by her teamleader to walk faster to and from the bathroom, and to use tissue to dry her hands rather than the hand-dryer. It'd be funny if it wasn't true.
    Samaritans ?

Ruu wrote: »
    Never heard of such nonsense. I could see restricting them cheeky funking smokers taking numerous smoke breaks but going to the bog? Nah.
    I'm out for a smoke on the hour as well.

Be good at your job and you can find find a happy unwritten middle-ground between what you and your employer consider good work practice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Sounds like a bit of a crap job tbh.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    I'm out for a smoke on the hour as well.

Be good at your job and you can find find a happy unwritten middle-ground between what you and your employer consider good work practice.

There is no middleground, or room for middle grounds. Its all based on stats. Cold hard numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The most restrictive one I've heard of here is a data input pool where the employees are on a keystroke monitor that results in a notification to their supervisors desk if their data input rate drops below a certain level during a very short time window. Also, every employee has to ask to leave their desk for any reason and wait for supervisor approval before they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

When I worked in a call centre I had exactly those restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

piss at your desk, it'll save you the time and you'll be a better worker

There is no middleground, or room for middle grounds. Its all based on stats. Cold hard numbers.

Lucky to have a job mate..blah ! blah ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Bad form if that's stated somewhere.
    It should only be brought up on individual cases where the person is taking the piss...

I used to work in a place that had energy saving lighting in the jacks - they'd switch off after 5 mins if no movement in the toilet entrance area. If no one came in, it could be lights out if you were on the pot for too long!! Happened once and I had to chuck a spare toilet roll over the cubicle door and near the sensor to get light again!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I used to work in a place that had energy saving lighting in the jacks - they'd switch off after 5 mins if no movement in the toilet entrance area. If no one came in, it could be lights out if you were on the pot for too long!! Happened once and I had to chuck a spare toilet roll over the cubicle door and near the sensor to get light again!

Tesco Stillorgan had that but had to remove them as the jack had no lights. Some staff member complained that he couldn't see after the lights went off after 5 mins...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Glad i work from home...

/goes for 20 minute dump

Sorry, I meant "you" in a general sense.

I wouldn't assume to know the ins and outs of proceedings in your place of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah I worked in a call centre before and this was the case. Every minute of your day had accounted for. Horrible environment to work in.

Never seen it anywhere else though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Sykk wrote: »
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard... What if you've got the runs?

then you should be quicker getting in and out no?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It really surprises me that people don't go postal more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I never heard of that before. Sounds like a horrible place to work! What if you've got a kidney infection? Or something like Crohns disease?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Well in a big factory if you have 500 workers taking 30 mins a day each on the jacks it will seriously effect productivity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The unacceptable faeces of the public sector. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Name and shame the company IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭gravityisalie

:eek::mad::( i work in a call centre and we have no such restrictions ! i'd go mental ! ( i'm working as i type)

wast there a post in the worst jobs thread about someone working for directory enquiries ? i reckon that what this guy does

Advertisement