Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland customers, your turn to bail the bank out!

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

sure, why not. The state can then transport you to special "work camps" where you can do some labouring to earn the dole payments. Just don't fall for the old "free shower" trick when you get there.

Showers are fine in those camps as long as you make sure there aren't 11 holes in the showerhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Solution: Lodge ten cents nine times every three months.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Xluna wrote: »
    Solution: Lodge ten cents nine times every three months.:D

how does that get you to 3k of lodgements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

how does that get you to 3k of lodgements?

Don't spoil my fun Cookie monster.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ronano

so what banks are free

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm glad I'm with ulster bank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Normally the banks use cheap/free current accounts as a carrot to get all of someone's business. Their normal worry would be that a customer would move their savings elsewhere and particularly switch their mortgage elsewhere. Right now most customers have much reduced savings already and will struggle to move their mortgages. In some cases the bank will be very glad to be rid of these mortgages if they go.

BoI will likely have calculated all the fallout of this and probably seem themselves better off at the end of it regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

I think the €3k balance to avoid charges is particularly invidious.

First of all, they can fook off if they think I'm going to let them have my 3k for free so they can lend it out to someone at 10% :mad:

Secondly, keeping 3k in any account that has an ATM or debit card attached is risky - in case someone robs or skims your card.

Thirdly, I wouldn't actually mind paying a fiver a month for good customer service and a bank that isn't likely to go under taking my deposit with it. Unfortunately, with BOI this is far from guaranteed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

bonerm wrote: »
    An amband with "¢" on it will be sufficent.
    sure, why not. The state can then transport you to special "work camps" where you can do some labouring to earn the dole payments. Just don't fall for the old "free shower" trick when you get there.
    Aidric wrote: »
    Yes.

Jayz tanks lads, but yer lack of sarcasm is showing (except bonerm)
    BTW You think someone in my position doesn't work like a f**ker? Sadly deluded, ye are. My kids work too, although I haven't let them on the chainsaw yet. Doesn't mean we earn "¢"....just keeping a community together down here in the shticks bhoy, along with the 50% unemployed round here....

Xluna wrote: »
    Don't spoil my fun Cookie monster.:mad:

Xluna, that's exactly what the bank suggested I do. It's either/or - you make 9 transactions or have 3000 in your acc. to escape transaction charges. If I have that right. You better off checking it out with BOI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

when are they bringing this into force, i have a small amount there, and will be withdrawing and closing account, not a place for the small fry really

goat2 wrote: »
    when are they bringing this into force, i have a small amount there, and will be withdrawing and closing account, not a place for the small fry really

21st Feb 2011 - am with ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/accounts/compare_chequing.jsp

This is what my Bank charges fees wise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Obliq wrote: »
    21st Feb 2011 - am with ya.

thank you, and thank god for that, at least we can close off after christmas, dont have the tossers for myself never mind bailing out the wealthy

red menace wrote: »
    http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/accounts/compare_chequing.jsp

This is what my Bank charges fees wise

Nasty! :mad: I'm sure and certain they all will eventually - what I don't condone is that the more money you have, the less you pay....and vice versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I shall be closing my acc with boI in the new year, dont need them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I've just been looking into making a switch to Ulster Bank because of this thread...they are not gonna make me bail out their bank...we (the population) already got screwed by bailing out at least one bank, and here we go again.

jcleere wrote: »
    Ladies and gentlemen!

Welcome to the corporate take over of our country!!! Really,

our armed services guard their money,

our parliament discussions are dominated with their issues,

they have ALL AND MORE of our states money,

they are unanswerable even to our government,

Our media is swamped with their message

Dermot Ahern is worried about us using too much cash (our currency) wants us to move to cards (their currency), because of the risk to THEIR security.

Their debt takes, our jobs and then our houses, then they reposes our houses!

Our government made us buy pensions from them, now they're gone woops!

After all this, they are businesses, at the core they use our savings, lend to other customers and make a tidy profit. A very successful business model which makes them billions each year, now they want us to pay for the privilege.

I have way more than 3000 in my account, its all coming out tomorrow!

I suggest you all do the same, even if its just a statement we don't deserve to be treated like this!

I'm impressed jcleere - I like your principals. It's the likes of you they'll miss, and realise how they've miss-fired.:cool:

Advertisement