Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High risk stocks (Petroceltic)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Also with at-5 results due any day I'm expecting this share to rocket. I've been in this share for about two and a half years all the way from 5p to 19p and back down again. Was loosing patience with it but with all this cash I think it's going to be an exciting 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

As far as i know At5 are due in the 1st - 2nd week in July
    I stand for correction on this

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

i bought about 4500 shares in this company about 18mths ago, at the time good things were expected from them. but i see my investment has dropped alittle from .16 a share to .13.
    at the time they had a good few wells going in northern africa iirc, so i guess the recent unrest in this area isn't helping things on the ol' share front.
    anyone any idea if there is anything in the pipeline to give this company a boost? i see share prices of 40-60p are still being talked about, like it was when i bought in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

sponge_bob wrote: »
    i bought about 4500 shares in this company about 18mths ago, at the time good things were expected from them. but i see my investment has dropped alittle from .16 a share to .13.
    at the time they had a good few wells going in northern africa iirc, so i guess the recent unrest in this area isn't helping things on the ol' share front.
    anyone any idea if there is anything in the pipeline to give this company a boost? i see share prices of 40-60p are still being talked about, like it was when i bought in.

i cant think of a stock which has been more pimped on this site than petro celtic , i bailed out of this dog months ago , btw , a stock ive recently done well out of is mulberry plc , they are a upmarket fashion outlet , they posted very possitive results yesterday , they have an insanely high PE though so it might be a bit late to get in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 cloonty

What an absolutely pants stock. I’m in this for nearly a year now and it’s done nothing.
    After my own basic research I really thought this was a good punt but I deeply regret it now.

Anyway, can someone explain why the share seems be almost static in light of the positive news over the last months?

• Advertisement

Ehh what good news are you on about?
    All Ive seen this year is
    A: One ff-ed up drill at AT4 where for some reason they decided to keep drilling down into the aquifer , they looked very amateur
    An Arab spring
    Greek debt
    More director share options been granted to themselves

were lucky the SP hasn't tanked altogether!!

The positives are
    A farm-out deal which adds value to PCI but only when Gas is confirmed
    The price of Gas has risen by 30%
    An enlarged appraisal program which should add more assets to PCI but thats gonna take time

I`m in until the results of AT5z flow results. Thats what really counts.
    the true share price rise wont come until Algeria is fully appraised and assets booked and thats not till 2012 the earliest!!!

8.85. Thats the lowest its been in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

Interesting to see what the move into Kurdistan will do to the price...

Petroceltic International plc ("Petroceltic" or "the Company"), the AIM and ESM listed oil and gas exploration and production company focused on North Africa, the Middle East and the Mediterranean, is pleased to announce that, in partnership with Hess Middle East New Ventures, a subsidiary of Hess Corporation ("Hess"), it has executed two Production Sharing Contracts ("PSCs") with the Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq ("KRG"). The PSCs are in respect of the Dinarta and Shakrok exploration blocks ("Dinarta" and "Shakrok") in the central north of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.

http://www.petroceltic.com/investor-centre/press-releases/pr-2011/2011-07-27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

After reading sentiment at rock bottom on iii and lse, I added to my small holding at 8.8p just before the Kurdi announcement and I'm also now disillisioned by the share price drop.

Today's the last day of July and still no RNS on the AT5 results.

It seems a lot of private investors are waiting to jump ship.

I'll fight the urge to sell and hold!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭hblock21

I bought in last year at 16 cent. The second I break even, I'm gone........

• Advertisement

Looks like we'll have to wait another day for the results. It must be because the ISE is closed today...

Investors seem to be dumping this stock big time. 7p this morning.
    I bought in at 15p! I should never have bought into the hype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

cloonty wrote: »
    Investors seem to be dumping this stock big time. 7p this morning.
    I bought in at 15p! I should never have bought into the hype.

in future , be wary of pimps on this site pushing duds

The CEO Brian O'Cathain is a sneaky c*nt in the way he has orchestrated this.

Clearly this info was available to the institutional investors before today.

He set expectations high with the previous RNS.

Remind me never to invest in an Irish company ever again! Cronyism is rampant on this sh1tty island of ours...

Very sneaky indeed, I bailed out a few days ago after taking a 15% loss on my investment. This is the second time he delayed results obviously so that anyone in the know could bail.
    Brian O'Cathain has made sh1t of a very promising company

Grecco wrote: »
    Very sneaky indeed, I bailed out a few days ago after taking a 15% loss on my investment. This is the second time he delayed results obviously so that anyone in the know could bail.
    Brian O'Cathain has made sh1t of a very promising company

Indeed. Releasing the Kurdistan news prior to the drill results had two goals in my opinion.

1. Bring in new buyers unaware of poor AT5 results
    2. Give IIs with knowledge of the poor results a platform to sell.

Brian O'Cathain is dirt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Comordha

Not great is it lads? I'm starting to worry about this one like everyone else but I said the day I invested that I was going to stick with it to the bitter end. I'll hold for 10-20 years if need be. A bit of luck is due surely, perhaps the Italy drilling will come back on stream soon with the debt problems they are now having.

Comordha wrote: »
    Not great is it lads? I'm starting to worry about this one like everyone else but I said the day I invested that I was going to stick with it to the bitter end. I'll hold for 10-20 years if need be. A bit of luck is due surely, perhaps the Italy drilling will come back on stream soon with the debt problems they are now having.
    You must have the patience of a saint!
    I couldn't stomach this pimped up share anymore regardless. It promised so much but delivers nothing. Anyway

Best of luck and I hope it turns for you

Just posted a query on the RRL thread relating to Petroceltic as it's a more active thread. Any help much appreciated.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73636116&postcount=203

Just posted a query on the RRL thread relating to Petroceltic as it's a more active thread. Any help much appreciated.

• Advertisement

I wonder if Brian still has his 750k invested?
    I put alot of money into this so im pretty fecked for the next while.
    What an absolutely pants company regardless of risk.

turbobaby wrote: »

Thats a method used by short sellers who want to push the SP lower and from what you said it sounds like it was automated as well
    Basically it reduces the Asking price on the share because someone has just sold for less than the asking price so a new lower asking price is established

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭henryd65

Has this share become attractive at 6c ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?code=cotn:PCI.L&display=discussion

On iii they reckon based on past form that this indicates the next news is known and its bad but some people think its too early for news to have leaked, today was horrible all round so who knows. Im not invested btw just watching.

I noticed this was posted yesterday on the PCI forum over on ADVFN and just wondered what peoples' thoughts on it are from here:

"....the suggestion put to me makes little sense but this is what I was told. It was suggested to me that Black Rock was shorting on shares it owned, and I could not udnerstand how that is true if they are buying more. I was told that was easy."

I do note that Blackrock recently increased (or are in the process of increasing) their holding. I can understand that in principle a shareholder could short stock using their holdings as collateral in order to bring the price down to buy more at rock bottom prices.

I understand that the market at the moment is putrid, and the AT5 results weren't great but the sell off has been seriously overdone in my view, and the comment from the ADVFN user might actually be plausible!

It's called a tree-shake and it happens all the time.

If you believe in the stock and don't want the likes of BlackRock acquiring your shares cheaply by adding to panic sell scenarios - sit back and switch off for a few months until the remaining news is released.

I see that Brian is eyeing up Libya and has therefore joined the herd of jackals ready to rape the Libyan people. Yet another reason for me to divest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

turbobaby wrote: »
    I see that Brian is eyeing up Libya and has therefore joined the herd of jackals ready to rape the Libyan people. Yet another reason for me to divest!

I think BOC is desperate now to try and stem SP bleeding by putting story out about possible Libyan exploration opportunities, Why hasnt pci been approached by any of the majors yet with the supposed 10th largest gas field in the world? Results seem to point that there is gas there however it doesnt point to as big a gas field as once thought and i would like to have results to date independantly tested to confirm results, Also demand set to fall as global economic recovery falters which will see a glut of oil and gas causing prices to drop further.

It's becoming a bit of a joke really, first Iraq and now Libya. How many more countries do they want to enter. Who do you think is going to be pay for these ventures - another dillution of shares could be down the line but with the billions already in circulation what's a few more hundred million BOC? They should have stayed focused on the real find and proofed it sooner. A company this size can't be present in 5-10 countries at a time chancing its arm at every new licence that comes available. I'm very sour about this investment and as soon as (here's praying) there is any recovery in the word of Duncan Bannatyne - "I'm out".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

Comordha wrote: »
    It's becoming a bit of a joke really, first Iraq and now Libya. How many more countries do they want to enter. Who do you think is going to be pay for these ventures - another dillution of shares could be down the line but with the billions already in circulation what's a few more hundred million BOC? They should have stayed focused on the real find and proofed it sooner. A company this size can't be present in 5-10 countries at a time chancing its arm at every new licence that comes available. I'm very sour about this investment and as soon as (here's praying) there is any recovery in the word of Duncan Bannatyne - "I'm out".

I agree, Future for this stock was looking very promising with original results with algerian find before continued negitive results and unfortunatly this co. seems to be an ATM for boc & board leeches at expense of its shareholders.

Advertisement