Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High risk stocks (Petroceltic)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Big flow rates results expected from AT-4 next mon/tue
    Fingers crossed, a significant SP lift is on the Horizon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Shauny2010 wrote: »

Here's hoping. Have you only heard the rumours from other message boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

you,ve been expecting big things from this crowd since god was a gasun

irishh_bob wrote: »
    you,ve been expecting big things from this crowd since god was a gasun

Well I`ve been carping on about them since a couple of days before last Christmas, which is a big difference from when God was a boy which would be 2011 years ago.
    When I took the plunge (7 weeks ago roughly) I bought in at a cost average of 12p per share. At current SP that leaves a SP rise of just under 15% excluding what I would gain from a weaker Euro.
    And were still early in the Ain Tsila Gas field appraisal, as in there has been naff all news yet but its due any day now.

On another note has anyone done research into LIPOXEN (LPX:London)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jayminato

Well I`ve been carping on about them since a couple of days before last Christmas, which is a big difference from when God was a boy which would be 2011 years ago.
    When I took the plunge (7 weeks ago roughly) I bought in at a cost average of 12p per share. At current SP that leaves a SP rise of just under 15% excluding what I would gain from a weaker Euro.
    And were still early in the Ain Tsila Gas field appraisal, as in there has been naff all news yet but its due any day now.

whats happened to the SP on the ISEQ. is it a complete collapse?? honest question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

must be my foooooookin aib online again. has it listed @ 0.0

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Instead of checking another source you just assumed the company had collapsed? :p

Thargor wrote: »
    Instead of checking another source you just assumed the company had collapsed? :p

nope. had checked it on goodbodys and by the time i came back to delete post u had answered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bestie

22-Feb-11
    15:57:22
    Buy*

:eek:

• Advertisement

bestie wrote: »
    22-Feb-11
    15:57:22
    Buy*

:eek:

Could you tell me how they confirm if it's a sell or a buy. Surely it's both - for one person to buy another has to sell?

Or do they simply mean that one person bought 2,187,800 from a wide number of sellers?

turbobaby wrote: »
    Could you tell me how they confirm if it's a sell or a buy. Surely it's both - for one person to buy another has to sell?

Or do they simply mean that one person bought 2,187,800 from a wide number of sellers?

Showed up as a buy on moneyam.com (but i could be mistaken - I'm sure at that volume it would have dropped the price a bit)

if it was a buy, it's prob. from a wide number of sellers.

bestie wrote: »
    Showed up as a buy on moneyam.com (but i could be mistaken - I'm sure at that volume it would have dropped the price a bit)

if it was a buy, it's prob. from a wide number of sellers.

Good stuff, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

More than likely its a block trade. Couldn't do that much volume without a serious price move along with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

i bought into petro ( off the back of your relentless cheerleading ) around five weeks ago , last time i checked , i was down around 17%

Terrible post in my opinion.

Nobody should come back and complain about tips on shares, if they are unwilling to do their own research.

If it's any consolation, I invested based on the AT3 results and the potential from AT4. When the results are out, the political upheaval ends, and a partner is in place to get the gas to Europe, the share price will rise. Give it time!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭mono627

Agree with Turbo, never trade on tips, especially ones found on an internet forum. The person giving the tip may not truly understand how to value a stock/understand the downside risks.

If you do intend to use this forum for investment ideas, then simply use it as a starting point in which to do your own research. If someone recommends an investment, you should never take their advice at face value as the poster may have ulterior motives. Buyer beware and all that...

i bought into petro ( off the back of your relentless cheerleading ) around five weeks ago , last time i checked , i was down around 17%

A fool and there money are easily parted Bob
    do your own research,

As stated before PCI is a punt not an investment, if you cant take the volatility of penny shares then don't buy them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

well i guess you have learned two valuable lessons

1) Do your own research

2) Never shoot the messenger

Bad drop on the SP today. We need those AT4 results out fairly lively!

• Advertisement

I think the Political upheaval in Algeria is really starting to unnerve the investors.

Well the ask was at 11.25 earlier, now its at 11.75 - so a little gain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

This is the very reason why I have been so tough on posts about risky investments in the past. This is beyond belief.

I have to side with Shauny on this one (but keep the smart remarks to yourself please).

In Shauny's very first post on the 20th of December, he said he didn't know much about the company. 23 days later, Irish-bobs first post on this topic was about purchasing. His next post was solely about fx exposure.

One would have to assume Irish-bob had his own knowledge on the stock. He never asked a single question about it. Later, Shauny said this was a punt (with High Risk included in the title).

The forum charter warns users about this kind of thing. Do you're own homework, no advice is given here. Only discussion about the potential of a trade or the risks.

(I've removed a number of posts to try and get the flow back)
    Finally, there's no way in hell Shauny can be blamed (other than by Gaddafi) for the fall in a MENA (Middle East North African) stock over the last couple of months. You might as well blame him for Brent spiking 15 bucks or so over the last number of days.

Give me a fcukin break!

Irish-bob, take this as a lesson and move on. If you can't do that, I suggest you seriously re-evaluate whether you want to invest your own money yourself or have it managed. You need to be able to cope with drawdowns. They happen. I'm not slating you. This is the best advice I can give and it goes to a lot of other posters on here. With the kind of crappy stocks that are posted here, someone was bound to have their fingers burned and not like it.

I'll never be able to comprehend this quick punt sh!t.

Listen Bob for what its worth I was surprised that you got such a slatting. I defiantly went too far with my comments, I think I got a bit of a sour tongue on me and I'm sorry for that and take back what I said.

I too am p1***d off at the way the SP has gone, The SP is back to where it was at the start of the year and as for making a loss or profit on the shares or any share for that matter only happens when you sell them again.
    To date I have diverted too much of my portfolio into one or two stocks and the reason being that I was too Lazy to go and research a few more which is Ironic because thats what you were getting slatted for.

OK this is my last pimp, comment,pump or whatever about of this stock so here goes

1: Its a high risk punt mainly for the fact thats the Gas find is in Algeria. If the find was off the west coast of France then we wouldn't even get a look in at the stock.

2: This find is only in appraisal so it could turn out that theres gas there but its not commercially viable

3: For me the punt is still the same, were after this gas which is about 2 billion barrels of Oil equivalent

Lets draw a line under it and move on
    Onwards and upwards form here!

Listen Bob for what its worth I was surprised that you got such a slatting. I defiantly went too far with my comments, I think I got a bit of a sour tongue on me and I'm sorry for that and take back what I said.

I too am p1***d off at the way the SP has gone, The SP is back to where it was at the start of the year and as for making a loss or profit on the shares or any share for that matter only happens when you sell them again.
    To date I have diverted too much of my portfolio into one or two stocks and the reason being that I was too Lazy to go and research a few more which is Ironic because thats what you were getting slatted for.

OK this is my last pimp, comment,pump or whatever about of this stock so here goes

1: Its a high risk punt mainly for the fact thats the Gas find is in Algeria. If the find was off the west coast of France then we wouldn't even get a look in at the stock.

2: This find is only in appraisal so it could turn out that theres gas there but its not commercially viable

3: For me the punt is still the same, were after this gas which is about 2 billion barrels of Oil equivalent

Lets draw a line under it and move on
    Onwards and upwards form here!

Good post Shauny, it's just a waiting game at the minute. If we see a price rise today (when the LSE reopens!) it may indicate the long awaited RNS on Monday/Tuesday of next week. It's my understanding that a bad news RNS is usually released on a Friday and it looks like we've dodged that today. My research of North Africa has informed me that Algeria is not as bad a case as the rest of the countries in turmoil at the moment. Reports suggest that the Algerian president is willing to meet protesters demands to save his skin.

Only small demonstrations today according to Reuters. Expect a lift to the share price on Monday from this, and with it being the final day of Feb, I am also expecting an RNS re AT4 results.

Well, the RNS finally came, and the share price drops again! Any expert opinions on the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

PETROCELTIC INTERNATIONAL PLC
    Technical and operational update for AT-4 well testing
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Petroceltic International plc ("Petroceltic" or "the Company") the upstream oil and gas exploration and production company focussed on the Middle East, North Africa and the Mediterranean, in association with its partner Sonatrach, the Algerian National Oil & Gas Company, is pleased to announce well AT-4 on its Isarene Permit (Blocks 228 & 229a) in Algeria has successfully tested gas from two zones in the Ordovician at a maximum combined flow rate of 1.35 mmscf/d and 450 bwpd on a 48" choke.

Well AT-4, the first of the current appraisal campaign of the Ain Tsila gas discovery, was drilled to appraise the previously undrilled eastern margin of the Ain Tsila field and was located with the primary objective of maximising information about the gas-in-place rather than optimising flow rate on testing. The well encountered a gross gas column of 155 metres with no gas-water contact interpreted within two zones of the Ordovician reservoir. This gas-down-to is deeper than the gas-water contact currently interpreted in the field. Pressure data from logs and the test indicate the continuity of the Ain Tsila gas accumulation at this location and that AT-4 therefore represents a successful delineation well of the Ain Tsila field.

The AT-4 testing programme initially involved the perforation, fracture stimulation and then isolation of the lower zone with a sand plug. Following this, the upper zone was also perforated and fracture stimulated, the well cleaned out and the two zones flowed together.

The well flowed with a combined rate of 1.35 mmscf/d of gas (1593 cubic metres/hour) and 450 bwpd of water with a flowing wellhead pressure of 160 PSIG on a 48" choke. After isolation of the lower zone to reduce water production, the upper zone was flowed separately at 1 mmscf/d of gas (1180 cubic metres/hour) with an associated 250 bwpd. It is likely that the induced fractures in the well have extended below the current field gas-water contact into an underlying aquifer resulting in the volumes of produced water seen. This volume of water reduced the gas flow to rates significantly lower than anticipated from this well. Testing and sampling operations at AT-4 have been completed and the well has been suspended.

The next well in the appraisal drilling campaign, AT-5, is targeting one of several structural pop-up features in the field with the intention of carrying out multiple fracture stimulations in a horizontal well to improve productivity and ultimate recovery factor for the field. Following the successful drilling of the pilot hole, we are currently preparing to conduct logging operations prior to commencement of the horizontal section.

Brian O’Cathain, Chief Executive of Petroceltic commented:
    "The first well in the current Ain Tsila appraisal campaign has successfully confirmed the extension of the field to the East and increased the proven area and calculated gas-initially-in-place. While the volumes of produced water reduced the gas flow rate, the data gathered from AT-4 will enable us to refine our remaining drilling and testing programme in the Ain Tsila discovery in 2011 and ensure we optimise our future plans for the field."
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xertpo

And another....

Petroceltic, Sound Oil, Bellzone Mining, Rambler Metals, Ormonde Mining and others feature in Fox-Davies Capital newsflash
    8:17 am by Fox-Favies Capital

Petroceltic International (LON:PCI, 11p, ▼ (8.33%)) announced that well AT-4 on its Isarene Permit (Blocks 228 & 229a) in Algeria has successfully tested gas from two zones in the Ordovician at a maximum combined flow rate of 1.35 mmscf/d and 450 bwpd on a 48" choke. Well AT-4, the first of the current appraisal campaign of the Ain Tsila gas discovery, was drilled to appraise the previously undrilled eastern margin of the Ain Tsila field and was located with the primary objective of maximising information about the gas-in-place rather than optimising flow rate on testing. The well encountered a gross gas column of 155 metres with no gas-water contact interpreted within two zones of the Ordovician reservoir. The next well in the appraisal dril ling campaign, AT-5, is targeting one of several structural pop-up features in the field with the intention of carrying out multiple fracture stimulations in a horizontal well to improve productivity and ultimate recovery factor for the field. Following the successful drilling of the pilot hole, we are currently preparing to conduct logging operations prior to commencement of the horizontal section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

turbobaby wrote: »
    Well, the RNS finally came, and the share price drops again! Any expert opinions on the results?

It's very simple. Market sentiment and contagion fears. This is based in North Africa right? Middle East & North Africa (MENA) are risk off at the moment. Look at the Saudi Arabia index. down 5% today, was similar yesterday on unfounded rumours that protests were going on there (from Iran Press TV).

If you understand the dynamics of what is going on in MENA and think that all will be fine in this company's region, one could view this as a great time to accumulate stock. I know relatively little to have an opinion on the stock though, just that the region is High Risk.

Advertisement