Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the weather like in your area?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Sun out here but cows not going out today. May wear earmuffs everytime I go near shed

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Dull but dry so far. Hope sun stays out for you whelan2. Our nextdoor neighbour has a robot for his milking, fantastic to watch.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

LinF wrote: »
    Our nextdoor neighbour has a robot for his milking, fantastic to watch.

Neighbour of ours has a Russian Girl. Fantastic to watch too.
    There's a queue of suckler farmers now looking for beastings :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

What excuse will they have when it gets hot in the parlour on a summer's evening?:confused: Lely would have trouble competing with her.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Bet Brucey next door would prefer a Russian Girl to a robot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭High bike

Lovely bright sunny day here and badly needed too

Lovely sunny day, hope it continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

I dont about ye but its slashi g in west cork , where s this dry weather thats forcasted

• Registered Users Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

keep going wrote: »
    I dont about ye but its slashi g in west cork , where s this dry weather thats forcasted

Beautiful day here :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Reggie. wrote: »
    Beautiful day here :P

Same here.
    Even the neighbours who are always late in having cows out have them out today for the first day.

God doesn't like west cork this spring.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

keep going wrote: »

Let them out here with drizzle this morning thinking tend clear off. Heavier it got and me away for most of the day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Drizzle here for last few hours

nice spring day

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭huwboy

nice spring day here in wales, though the sun has gone in now, just a bit of a breeze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Same here.
    Even the neighbours who are always late in having cows out have them out today for the first day.

God doesn't like west cork this spring.;)
    Ah sher tis gorgeous today

Lovely day, the sun has been shining, the washing has dried and quite a lot of weeding done. All's well with the world and long may it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Got back to NCD at about 5pm and the sun was shining, it was dull in Longford when I left. The ground here has dried up seriously here in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Base price wrote: »
    Got back to NCD at about 5pm and the sun was shining, it was dull in Longford when I left. The ground here has dried up seriously here in the last few days.

Same here. I'm gonna even chance some rolling tomorrow

Rolling going on here today

Reggie. wrote: »
    Same here. I'm gonna even chance some rolling tomorrow
    I put the chain harrow on the tractor this evening when I got home but it got too dark to work - no working lights on the 674. The ground needs harrowing as I had a few horses out up till the end of Jan. Hopefully will get it done after work tomorrow. Away with work commitments from Tuesday until Friday evening so fingers crossed the weather will stay dry enough to roll it then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

was able to walk out in the fields in a pair of runners today

whelan2 wrote: »
    Rolling going on here today
    No way that 20 is pulling that roller, unless it's all downhill ;)

No way that 20 is pulling that roller, unless it's all downhill ;)

Oh was rolling that area all day with it. Very flat. Have a video of it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Was lovely here today so I took a stroll to the Longford border and back! Stopped halfway in our bog to get a sup of water from the spring I remembered being there and somebody has restored it perfectly with a wee bucket hanging up for catching the water.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Kovu wrote: »
    ......restored it perfectly with a wee bucket hanging up for catching the water.

A wee bucket?
    And you drink out of that?
    :-)

A wee bucket?
    And you drink out of that?
    :-)

Aye sure at least it's sterile!:D

Was lovely here today so I took a stroll to the Longford border and back! Stopped halfway in our bog to get a sup of water from the spring I remembered being there and somebody has restored it perfectly with a wee bucket hanging up for catching the water.
    Ye should have kept walking a bit further and I would have put the kettle on :)
    Fair play to the person that restored the well. A neighbour keeps access to our local well briar free during the summer but nobody uses it any more.

Ye should have kept walking a bit further and I would have put the kettle on :)
    Fair play to the person that restored the well. A neighbour keeps access to our local well briar free during the summer but nobody uses it any more.

Next time maybe, would be hard to walk though Ballinamuck with Dillons looking so tempting though!
    The spring used to be trickling down the peat side and you have to shimmy down the bank a bit to get to it. Now you still have to get down and jump a stream but there's a bit of metal jutting out catching the flow of water. Looks like someone just cleaned out the drain a bit and reworked the original flow slightly.

Next time maybe, would be hard to walk though Ballinamuck with Dillons looking so tempting though!
    The spring used to be trickling down the peat side and you have to shimmy down the bank a bit to get to it. Now you still have to get down and jump a stream but there's a bit of metal jutting out catching the flow of water. Looks like someone just cleaned out the drain a bit and reworked the original flow slightly.
    I will take a pic of the disused well which at the time was used for drinking water by my Grandparents/Uncle and pre dated community water schemes. They used the "scuch" for water for livestock/fowl about the house.
    My Grandad used to clean out the well every year and "lime" it so that it was safe. As the youngest grandchild I hated hauling buckets of water from the well.
    I remember my Grandmam drawing buckets of water from barrels outside the house and heating the water on the range to bath/wash me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Another lovely dry fresh morning

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement