Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noel dempsey not standing again

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Another money grabber getting out before the enforced pension cuts from FG in the next Government. Scum. The lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

Delighted to see the back of this particuarly annoying creep ! I Just hope the next gov do something to cut his pension its immoral
    giving such a useless tosser like Dempsey a pension and pay off of
    this magnitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Can we believe him?
    He assured the public that the IMF would not be asked for help and then they arrived within days!
    Any chance he would change his mind? "following an overwhelming response from my constituents. . . . "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭flutered

Well, it's not really going "back to revenue" as it wasn't really there in the first place.
    no mention of the two tax free handouts,
    consirering the mess that is the current road conditions he will not have to be answerable, no salt no grit, but a big moxey of a payoff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Propellerhead

Good riddance. Any chance of a 100% tax on Oireachtas Pensions by the next Government? That would save a couple of bob.

What other Fianna Failures will have shat their pants and ran away by the time the election comes?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Essexboy wrote: »
    Can we believe him?
    He assured the public that the IMF would not be asked for help and then they arrived within days!
    Any chance he would change his mind? "following an overwhelming response from my constituents. . . . "

Thats what ended it for him and ahern. That TV clip showing them denying that the IMF were on their way, and then they arrived THE NEXT DAY!

Byebye liars

• Registered Users Posts: 34,536 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

dempsey1.jpg

:pac:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

The ignominious departure of this góm is sadly testament to how our political establishment works.

It encourages and actively rewards mediocrity whilst allowing the mediocre to progress upowards at an alarming rate.

Whilst Dempsey and Aherne may well have been exposed as a prize pair of thicks over the IMF issue I prefer Dempsey`s political obituary to focus upon how he,unusually for a Politician,proved his own words to be pure-true......

His statement after his return from holliers in Malta last January that "My presence in the country would not have made any difference " was most assuredly proven 100% true over the past month.....Raising the question as to what the state paid him for in the meantime ???

And for an epitaph......???

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/we-are-ready-for-our-next-big-freeze-say-roads-bosses-2398303.html

From October last........ :)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Advertisement