Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

typhooner wrote: »
    Anyone up North with reports yet, must be cold enough now up there for snow

Nowhere near cold enough here just yet - it's now 5.4C, but the dew point is sub zero, so the colder air is starting to filter in.

It's also dry here now with blue sky and sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

no just bored :D

Be bored elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

http://www.met.ie/sat/iuk-ir.asp

This is Met Eireanns IR sat pic at 6.00 am. Is that a circulation to the far northwest I see? Polar low?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Keep an eye on the reports from ME as winds veer to the north from west/ north west, This will be the sign of the front having passed then the temps really fall off as the colder upper air establishes itself, note malin, head now 5 deg. and North wind..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

My first ever post! :)

I know alot of people on here are really hoping for snow but I for one am not! I'm praying it won't come, I can deal with 1 day at the most but anything more is depressing! ended up in hospital after a fall from the last fall.:(

Praying has not helped and telling us you are praying is not helping the reports.

This is a weather forum and we have fantastic religious forums as well. So what's your weather like?

We also have humanities forums for the effects of all things, for all reasons. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

don't know about laois but i can tell you there is now heavy snowfall in letterkenny although temperature is remaining at 3, another couple of degrees and it will stick. theres a storm comin....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Heavy snow in Ballybofey now

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭moogester

Sleet shower in Tyrone so things heading the right way :)

Temp 4C
    Dewpoint 0C

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Is this going to reach Dublin? How bad is it going to get? Friends of mine are saying it won't hit here until probably Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

http://www.met.ie/sat/iuk-ir.asp

This is Met Eireanns IR sat pic at 6.00 am. Is that a circulation to the far northwest I see? Polar low?

No.

No spin on the animated view : http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=ir&type=loop

Not labeled on satrep : http://www.knmi.nl/data/satrep/archive/ZAMG/ASII/ASII_20101216_1030.png

• Advertisement

1114.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

It's Begun (epic music plays). But not for Dublin yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

As calm a cucumber here now, bright sunshine and creeping back up to nearly 9c.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Calm here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,249 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It's raining in Cork City now.....good aul rain.....:p

Sat 24 attached for 10 45 very obvious line for fronts passing us at mo and lots of showers in the sea to the north...lots! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

icom wrote: »
    Heavy snow in Ballybofey now

15 miles north of me... dam the suspense is killing me... lol:D

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

moogester wrote: »
    1114.jpg

what site is that from... pretty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Heavy snow in Letterkenny!

Not sticking but I wasnt expecting it this early so cant be a bad sign

• Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

premiercad wrote: »
    Sat 24 attached for 10 45 very obvious line for fronts passing us at mo and lots of showers in the sea to the north...lots! :D

nicely done. thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Is this going to reach Dublin? How bad is it going to get? Friends of mine are saying it won't hit here until probably Saturday?

It does look like it will be Saturday with ice in between

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Very windy here in Limerick with loads of rain, we are ready to welcome the snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Calm here too.

Mental Mickey is Calm :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Im just praying now that we get any kind off snow here in the midlands!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Going by the forecasted radar on raintoday.co.uk, that band of snow that's over Donegal at the moment may push down towards Dublin as rain/sleet but by the time it hits Dublin it could turn to snow. If it does push down in that direction, I guess it'll depend on the temperature in Dublin to decide whether it falls as snow or not.

screenshot2ry.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Temperature has now dropped 3.6c in the last 30 minutes, currently 5.6c. Winds now picking up also, just had a NE gust of 36.7km/h, wind average of 10 - 17km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Sleet here now... come on !!

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    what site is that from... pretty!

Its from netweather.tv but you need to pay for it.

Check out www.raintoday.co.uk for a free radar.

I pay for the raintoday version with forecast & snow showing round Dublin about lunchtime :)

Edit: Cian beat me to it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

leahyl wrote: »
    It's raining in Cork City now.....good aul rain.....:p

Yup, have you seen these?

http://www.corkcity.ie/video/jacklynchtunnel/

Was posted by another forum member in another thread. Personally, I've never seen them, though I did look for them a few times, they just never came back in a search.

• Advertisement

It does look like it will be Saturday with ice in between

Watch for late today if that northerly wind blows hard these showers will travel quite a bit over land before running out of energy prob not to dublin but who knows

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement