Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living Arrangements

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

If someone is going to cheat then they are going to cheat. I can't see what there is to worry about. If you're secure in your relationship then you shouldn't worry. I live with 2 guys 3 hours away from my fiancé and neither of us have ever considered it an issue. Some of his best friends are women.

It is hard to be apart though, and it is hard to only have the weekends. I'm sure you both make the most of those weekends so think of those times if you feel worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 DarrenDay

I'd be more upset wtih your boyfriend living with 5 other people. What sort of tenement arrangement is that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Tenement? Eh a house share would get to 5 people easy enough.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 DarrenDay

6 people in this case. I think it is nuts that anybody would live as an adult with more than 2 other adults in a house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

It's nuts that anyone would have a house big enough or want to? Are you including students? I don't know many that have the luxury of limiting house-mates and demanding detached property tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Meh. I wouldn't be bothered myself.

One of the guys I lived with last year had this girlfriend who seemed very paranoid that I would er...steal him. One of the girls was grand because she had a boyfriend. The other girl was grand because she knew her anyway from playing football. But she hated me! Always threw me dirty looks and never spoke a word to me. The lads said it was because she thought I was out to get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lynnsie

An ex of mine lived with 2 girls for a few months and one of them used to be very flirty with him, and while it annoyed me that she acted like that (even when I was there) I didn't worry about it and it didn't cause any problems. And in college I lived with lads but my then boyfriend really didn't like it, which really annoyed me. It seemed very insecure and possessive.
    janeybabe wrote: »
    If someone is going to cheat then they are going to cheat.

Exactly. If someone is likely to cheat I don't it will make any difference who they live with. If you think people shouldn't llive with the opposite sex it's like saying they have to be kept away from temptation, so where do you draw that line?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

OP, to me it sounds like you're insecure.

I've only once lived in a house where there were no men. Although I dislike my current living arrangement due to personality clashes, it's much preferable to living with her. Women only? That is something I will never, ever do again.

Most men are much less drama, they don't do the same level of neurotic or passive aggressive as women (including myself). There's less bull and a more matter-of-fact approach to things. They're usually more solution orientated too.

When you find a house and group of people you're comfortable living with that's something to be celebrated, regardless of who those people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭PAULWATSON

FayeRayRay wrote: »
    Chances are by him living with other females, he will understand you and appreciate you a lot more.

x

Or he could realise what he is missing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 506 ✭✭✭common sense brigade

I shared a house with 3 guys once. Im a girl!. At the time I was single and the Boys were in relationships. only from my perspective can i say hand on heart I never dreamed of flirting with any of them even though they were great they had girls so that was that. Most women are decent in this respect, and ur boyfriend is with you so just trust him. You will have plenty of time in the future alone living together. I spoilt the lads, I would cook and clean for them and in general i looked after them. I would dry their clothes, fold them for them and all. And get their fav french fancy cakes in.They in turn always looked out for me and helped me through any crap men problems i had. I Loved having the girlfriends over. Once the boys were happy I was happy. God i sound like mammy and u I was only 23. I vividly remember the landlord calling in to check the house over. I had it gleaming and the boys were sitting tucking into chicken curry i had made and i was in kitchen doing dishes. The landlord threw his hands up and said, well lads you lot have clearly landed on your feet. One of the guys had a girlfriend who could be prone to getting a bit jealous to any other women. I just befriended her as much as i could and tried my best to make her see i wasant a threat to her. If a mans going to cheat he will cheat. no matter where he is. a man who loves you could be in a harem surrounded by women and he would only be thinking of you, so dont worry

• Advertisement
Advertisement