Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl Party in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Will just have to give your name same as last year I'd say

Cheers any idea about the runners??

Hope you are feeling a bit better and can head in tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Oh 1 more stupid question, can ya wear runners??? Just wondering as dandelion is a bit of a posh bar lol:D

Well, the other half and I were wearing Converse trainers last year and there was no problem.

Enjoy the night. Himself and I will be the ones dressed as "The Brady Bunch" :D

Edit: God, it sounds like me and the OH go out dressed the same!

Well, the other half and I were wearing Converse trainers last year and there was no problem.

Enjoy the night. Himself and I will be the ones dressed as "The Brady Bunch" :D

Edit: God, it sounds like me and the OH go out dressed the same!

Haha matching clothes yeah haha

Cheers for the answer, just didn't want to go all the way into town wearing my white runners and get refused at the door haha

Haha matching clothes yeah haha

Cheers for the answer, just didn't want to go all the way into town wearing my white runners and get refused at the door haha

Hopefully your white runners aren't considered "sports wear" as that's what usually causes problems at the door. It's a private party anyway (am I right?) so you should be grand.

Sure just do the old trick of wearing black socks over the runners to fool the bouncers!

Hopefully your white runners aren't considered "sports wear" as that's what usually causes problems at the door. It's a private party anyway (am I right?) so you should be grand.

Sure just do the old trick of wearing black socks over the runners to fool the bouncers!

Yeah as far as i know it is a private party, so i will take the chance haha

Can't imagine ppl wearing jerseys would be wearing shoes lol

Exactly... this ain't rugby!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Jesus, that dj in the dandelion is the most annoying person in the universe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Made it in, good night, got 2 platters.. €80 very steep especially as the first one was half the size of the second one.
    Cracking game and again like last year very well organised!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

They didn't ask for names either so anyone could get in???
    Great night except the projector was crap and a stand by message came up on the sky box every so often :)

AdrianII wrote: »
    They didn't ask for names either so anyone could get in???
    Great night except the projector was crap and a stand by message came up on the sky box every so often :)

We were asked for our names at the door at around 9.30 so they were checking names then anyway.

Anyone hear the rumour that Ronan O'Gara tried to get in later on? Not sure how much truth was in that though!

Yeah, shame the HD screen mentioned earlier in the thread didn't happen :D

Great night and well organised. Hope the lads raised loads of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

we were just in before 920 or so, they saw the jersey and said in you go.

So anybody want to share the pics of the cheer leeders :) i took one but it came out crap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭nowayout1

it was a good night, hated the standby message too, came on just as GB got an interception, the projector was ****e, the plasma screens were far better though. didn't hear much of promos, a good deal would of been pitcher of any lager for €13-€16
    good to see the Packers win should of put a bet on damn :) half time was good by BEP

Yeah we were asked our names at about 9.30, was a good nite thought it was funny when the sky message came up haha Very well organised needless to say i got got drunk haha and delighted to see the Packers win

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Was o.k at the start but it was too packed come game time.
    Cheerleaders were great and i hope the team made a good few euro out of it. The 30 min half time allowed us to get home for the second half without missing a snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Agreed, had drinks knocked over several times. Had to move from out original spot when some guys decided it was ok to stand right in front of the TV.

Was o.k at the start but it was too packed come game time.
    Cheerleaders were great and i hope the team made a good few euro out of it. The 30 min half time allowed us to get home for the second half without missing a snap.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Tony wrote: »
    Agreed, had drinks knocked over several times. Had to move from out original spot when some guys decided it was ok to stand right in front of the TV.

Was that the 4 lads at the first TV in on the left??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

we arrived at 10.10 and were told no one else was being let in. then went to Wool Shed, took one look at the queue and went home and ordered some pizza. I felt bad for my other half, all made up (including her Colts jersey) and nowhere to go.

Yeah it was pretty packed, myself and 2 mates got a spot up the far end of the bar. After they opened the other area we got a high table then.

Is there a reason why they game is shown upstairs Andrew?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lothaar v2

Thanks to everyone who came on Sunday night.

My sincere apologies to the 30-odd people who were left standing outside while we tried to sort out the 'capacity issues'. Basically, more people than we expected turned up on the night, before downstairs had opened. Eventually we managed to get them all in. I'm sorry to hear McG (above) left, as he and his dolled-up missus would have got in!

helimachopter - is that question directed at me? I didn't realise the game was shown upstairs. Everything took place in the nightclub downstairs!

Thanks again to everyone who came and I hope you all had a great night.

Lothaar v2 wrote: »
    helimachopter - is that question directed at me? I didn't realise the game was shown upstairs. Everything took place in the nightclub downstairs!

Thanks again to everyone who came and I hope you all had a great night.

Yep, sorry to clarify no the game wasnt shown upstairs. I was just wondering why it isnt shown upstairs? you could fit a lot more people in that way and i mean you could have the girls dance on the bar during the ads!
    Edit: Sorry Lothaar i thought you were AF from the rebels.