Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas office party survival guide

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Get really drunk beforehand and turn up in a tracksuit, anything fancier and your managers will think they pay you too much.

Also bring weed, all your co workers will appreciate the loving gesture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Get fcuked and have everyone fill you in on all the stupid things you did the next day. Thats what i did anyways :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Don't decide to raffle your socks during a Christmas work meal in a fancy restaurant. Or throw them at the nice lady who wins and fall off your seat laughing uncontrollably as they land gracefully in her soup.

Believe you me that won't go down well.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

If you do not:

a) vomit violently at least twice

b) try to chat up/shag at least five girls

c) get so drunk you cant remember anything after 10pm

d) try to probe your own arse with a copy of cara magazine on the dancefloor

your christmas party has been a failure

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Don't go. That's how you survive.
    Go & every little bitchy thing will be brought up in a jokey way. But if you're anything like me after a gallon of drink around some people you don't get on with then this could be dangerous.
    My office party is about as much fun as going to a f--kin dentist,for this very reason....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

throw yourself out the window, you'll thank me for it

better chance of surviving that than surviving them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 A Nice Cup Of Tea

I was at a Christmas party years ago for an office I worked with when I left college.

Well, it wasn't really a party - just an expensive meal at a really nice French restaurant.

Anyway, one of the guys who worked there - Pete - had been with the office for around 15 years. A sound man, but you could tell he was heartily sick of the place & even more so, one of the firm's partners.

About halfway through dessert & several bottles of wine later, one of the bosses phones rang, so Pete took off his shoe & answered it as if it were a phone, in the voice of the boss.

The whole restaurant was looking at him as he shouted, "Hello? Hello?" into his shoe. Then he turned to the boss & said, "hang on - it's for you".

And with that, he f*cked the shoe at the bosses head & stormed off out of the restaurant with one shoe on.

He handed in his notice when we got back in the new year. :D

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Thank god for that, I don't have to face that this year! :D Drink, be happy and be merry! Don't do anything silly and be yourself! Chat away to people and mingle!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

Tell your boss there an asshole...they will appreciate your honesty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

tell your boss that the key thing in his company that he is missing is you in a senior role and give him your business card,if you haven't got one GET ONE,you WILL get a promotion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 A Nice Cup Of Tea

pmcmahon wrote: »
    tell your boss that the key thing in his company that he is missing is you in a senior role and give him your business card,if you haven't got one GET ONE,you WILL get a promotion

*takes notes*

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

Mine is tomorrow night in town, should be a bit of craic.

I just know that the main topic of conversation will be the boss's latest Lady friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Im heading to one in 2 hours. This thread has given me great advice :)

/downs hip-flask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Wait til the stuck- up -but - hot - one from HR is wasted, then bend her over the photocopier and bang her senseless.

i cant imagine actually having the party in the office. I assumed everyone went out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

kerryman12 wrote: »
    i cant imagine actually having the party in the office. I assumed everyone went out?

Haven't you seen The Office Christmas specials? :o

Yeah, usually some poxy hotel or similar.

Haven't you seen The Office Christmas specials? :o

Yeah, usually some poxy hotel or similar.

no actually

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

kerryman12 wrote: »
    no actually

Sacrilege! Give them a watch. All you need to know about the highs and lows of the office Christmas party.

Sacrilege! Give them a watch. All you need to know about the highs and lows of the office Christmas party.

should do really, never really got his humor until the podcast series - they cracked me up

Advertisement