Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDs harassed on their mobiles over the weekend, have you any sympathy?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

I'm surprised at this story

Lots of public reps have their mobile phone number available on their leaflets and their website. Some have their home phone number too

And now suddenly they've been leaked?
    Realy, it's been public knowledge for years

Unless some have other private numbers maybe, I'm not sure

Anyway it takes a thick skin to stand for election and a very strong chance of public rejection. Most fail in their first election.
    They wouldn't be bothered over text messages.

for people who weren't botheredthey were doing a lot of calling back, putting a 5 between the prefix (085/6/7) and your number gets you straight to voicemail which is what some of them were doing!!

the stupidity of someone recieving a txt from anonymous, then blocking their number to call you back to see who you are. as if I'd answer hello, youre through to blank blank, how may I help you today?

had a lovely little chat with Mary "completely useless at trade missions" Caughlin and I have to say that I would not be able to control myself in her presence! the balls on the woman would make me do the riverdance on her. the flipping cheek of her, demanding I give her my name,'ya sure Mary, I'm so sorry you had a hand at ruining the country while swanning off to trade missions etc (make sure you pick up some leaflets so you can look like you're working!!). blank blank is anam dom!!

they're all a pack of gee bags in the dail and we got to tell them so!!

boo fcuking who!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Why would you call Mary Coughlan and not give your name?

If you are a constituent she'll listen to you or there are clinics you can go to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Elevator wrote: »
    Hugo Chavez? people can say what they like about the guy and some of it maybe right but he doesn't roll over to the yanky overlords!!

he does a slot on telly once a week answering questions from the public!

I have no problem with this ... in fact this would be great. What I have a problem with is people calling them 24-7 about local or personal issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

PCPhoto wrote: »
    ah you know ... the usual - :rolleyes: - talk to the gardai to get off speeding fines or other offences, get a letter drafted up to give a good character reference before the courts...... a couple of land areas need to be rezoned...politicians can make it happen !!! (at least they could in the past)

Everyone needs to have a good relationship with their local councillor/TD

I know all this, I grew up in Brian Cowen's constituency so have seen it all.

I would agree that a councillor should be the main point of contact rather than the TD as he is more local.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

Why would you call Mary Coughlan and not give your name?

If you are a constituent she'll listen to you or there are clinics you can go to

I txt her and she rang me back a half hour later, she was thick as fcuk that she had to take in what was in the message!! I'm sure her personal assistant handles (deletes) any dodgy emails on her behalf.

Mary Caughlin is a fraud and is a tragic waste of a seat in the dail!! the way she looks down on any member outside of fianna fail is disgusting and she'd sit there laughing and joking at times (what have you got to laugh about you CNUT?!?, maybe laughing at how ye are still in power and yer complete bull**** is still fooling most!!)

most of the time she sits there with the blankest look on her face,

she was livid that I, a member of the public who should be licking her hole would not giver my name, guess what Mary? just cos ye got crazy resources at yer disposal doesn't mean ye control everything!!

this is the mentality of all our world leaders and they need to be stopped immediately!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

00112984 wrote: »
    Ultimately this is just going to cost tax-payers yet more money as we're the ones who'll pay for the new (i)phones and numbers these TDs are bound to demand.
    I would certainly agree, the I phone 4 is quite expensive. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

They deserve all the harassment they get, because of the hames they've made of things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Elevator wrote: »
    I txt her and she rang me back a half hour later, she was thick as fcuk that she had to take in what was in the message!! I'm sure her personal assistant handles (deletes) any dodgy emails on her behalf.

Mary Caughlin is a fraud and is a tragic waste of a seat in the dail!! the way she looks down on any member outside of fianna fail is disgusting and she'd sit there laughing and joking at times (what have you got to laugh about you CNUT?!?, maybe laughing at how ye are still in power and yer complete bull**** is still fooling most!!)

most of the time she sits there with the blankest look on her face,

she was livid that I, a member of the public who should be licking her hole would not giver my name, guess what Mary? just cos ye got crazy resources at yer disposal doesn't mean ye control everything!!

this is the mentality of all our world leaders and they need to be stopped immediately!!!

You're a sad little coward.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

Delighted for them.

Advertisement