Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDs harassed on their mobiles over the weekend, have you any sympathy?

Options
  • 13-12-2010 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

so it's come out about our beloved tds, meps etc received many phonecalls and txts after a leak of their private numbers last weekend.

those of you who got txts from me fcuking deserved them!

I wasn't the least bit surprised with the sudden barrage of private numbers that started calling fairly quick after that, oh and private numbers putting a 5 in front of my mobile number so as to by straight to my voicemail (how smart of some of you hahaha)

how do you feel about it and did you get to send any seasons greetings yourself?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

It just highlights the lack of bollocks among the irish electorate.

I doubt any TD will lose a lot of sleep over a few insulting text messages. It's churlish and doesnt solve any of our problems. Becoming politically aware and active will serve more good.

I'm not advocating that TD escape their actions or responsibilities by the way but we need to make our feelings known in a reasonable and constructive manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

politics sucks balls big style!

the world has never been shown so much subversive political moves as has been shown thru wikileaks and now we look on as more cables concerning Ireland come out.

the people we have in power are glorified chancers and they need to be harassed everywhere they turn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

The work for the people and should take all calls IMO.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

i think that's pretty f*cking stupid. nothing productive will come out of that kind of carry on at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I just rang Cowen to ask what he was wearing but he didnt take well to that at all.

• Advertisement

i think that's pretty f*cking stupid. nothing productive will come out of that kind of carry on at all.

so what do you recommend?

we bow to our teachers, barristers etc that have been voted into a gravy train job, accountable to nobody and condescending at every opportunity

maybe we could make their lives easier, carry them around on our shoulders everywhere they go?

they deserve everything they get

I just rang Cowen to ask what he was wearing but he didnt take well to that at all.

bull**** cos his number wasn't on the list

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Elevator wrote: »

we bow to our teachers, barristers etc that have been voted into a gravy train job, accountable to nobody and condescending at every opportunity

maybe we could make their lives easier, carry them around on our shoulders everywhere they go?

yes, yes they do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Ultimately this is just going to cost tax-payers yet more money as we're the ones who'll pay for the new (i)phones and numbers these TDs are bound to demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

:rolleyes: Can't believe the number of people that think it was a bad idea ffs. It is ok to let politicians know we don't think they're doing a good job you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

00112984 wrote: »
    Ultimately this is just going to cost tax-payers yet more money as we're the ones who'll pay for the new (i)phones and numbers these TDs are bound to demand.
    Exactly. All TD's will have to get their numbers changed and it'll cost us, not them. All for the sake of hurling abuse and achieving nothing. Well done Elevator, stick it to the man by punching yourself in the face. Actually reminds me of that scene in Four Lions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

hondasam wrote: »
    The work for the people and should take all calls IMO.

They have better things to do. If they had to answer all calls they'd never get anything else done.

curlzy wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Can't believe the number of people that think it was a bad idea ffs. It is ok to let politicians know we don't think they're doing a good job you know?

Can't believe the number of people that thing it was a good idea ffs :rolleyes:

we live in a ****ty world governed by sociopaths! mentalers the lot of them!

for any member of the public to feel anything other than pure contempt against "politicians" and world leaders is just wrong

the whole system is lies!!

you and me mean fcuk all to them, even if you're paying your taxes you're nothing, the only people they recognise are those above the tax net or those who help to keep the while charade going

wikileaks for the truth on all world politics and increasingly Irish politics!!

What possible purpose could abusive text messages serve?

Nobody says we should bow to anyone. The whole point is that we should try to force them into accepting responsibility for their actions not sending them abusive texts.

Not abusing them by phone doesnt mean we'll all be in a hurry to suck them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

I'd rather see them booted out of power, have their pay cut, pensions cut, allowences cut and held accountable for the mess they've created and perpetuate than see them get nuisance calls and texts which they can ignore. They change their numbers- problem solved. Just seem silly and pointless really.

we live in a ****ty world governed by sociopaths! mentalers the lot of them!

for any member of the public to feel anything other than pure contempt against "politicians" and world leaders is just wrong

the whole system is lies!!

you and me mean fcuk all to them, even if you're paying your taxes you're nothing, the only people they recognise are those above the tax net or those who help to keep the while charade going

wikileaks for the truth on all world politics and increasingly Irish politics!!

We may mean f*ck all to them.

The only way improvement will happen is if action replaces apathy and cynicism. It's the easiest thing in the world to sit on your arse and complain but another entirely to get active and involved in the political process.

Sanjuro wrote: »
    I'd rather see them booted out of power, have their pay cut, pensions cut, allowences cut and held accountable for the mess they've created and perpetuate than see them get nuisance calls and texts which they can ignore. They change their numbers- problem solved. Just seem silly and pointless really.

I agree with the texts and calls part.

Personally, I wouldnt begrudge anyone a wage that they are worth. It's clear that this crowd are not worth the steam off the irish electorates shyte but if there ever is a time when irish politicians actually do a good job i'd have no problem with them being suitability remunerated. What level this should be is another matter. As long as it's fair and reflective of productivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

Why did SIPTU have the numbers in the first place...

it shows the level of influence that the social partners have on the government and it's far from healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Woah your hardcore. I couldn't possibly send someone a naughty text message. Your an Irish hero. :rollseyes:

seanybiker wrote: »
    Woah your hardcore. I couldn't possibly send someone a naughty text message. Your an Irish hero. :rollseyes:

it seems some would have a problem with sending on their true feelings alright

you should let it out ya know, it serves no purpose bottling it all up inside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭deisedude

If people see this as a good idea to get back at politicians for their failings then it just goes to show how dumb the Irish electorate is

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Text messages and ringing their mobiles - that's 'hardcore' alright. Maybe if they were dragged from their beds and fcuked into a slutty pit, where they belong. That might prove to be more effective than a wee text message perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

deisedude wrote: »
    If people see this as a good idea to get back at politicians for their failings then it just goes to show how dumb the Irish electorate is

Good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Do you honestly think these TD's give a flying f*** that they've received a few texts or calls over the weekend? At this stage they know what the public think of them. And all they're e-mail addresses are freely available on line anyway why did you wait till someone released they're mobile number before contacting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Oh, and I might be mistaken, but doesn't having your phone on private do f*ck all other than stopping the recipient seeing what number called them? If they go to the gardaí, the phone companies can easily see who owns the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

bull**** cos his number wasn't on the list

Of course its bull****, I was joking. But hey keep up the good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

If you want to contact a politician directly, all their e-mails are provided on the Houses of the Oireachtas website.

To ensure that you get a response, you should also include your home address.

Many of them do actually respond.

Abusive text messages are just pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

orourkeda wrote: »
    As long as it's fair and reflective of productivity.
    At this moment in time, it in no way reflects the quality of work these representitives do. They have consistently dropped the ball, and yet are paid astronomical wages. Were they working in the private sector, the current Dail would have been fired from their jobs a long time ago.

Brian Cowen is still one of the highest paid politicians in the world. That in itself is absolutely ridiculous.

humanji wrote: »
    Oh, and I might be mistaken, but doesn't having your phone on private do f*ck all other than stopping the recipient seeing what number called them? If they go to the gardaí, the phone companies can easily see who owns the phone.

typical response there mate

look at my post again

it wasn't me hiding myself from them but the over way around

in fairness it shows the level of intelligence in the politics here when they receive a txt from someone who clearly has their number, so the block their number when ringing me back

• Advertisement

Text messages and ringing their mobiles - that's 'hardcore' alright. Maybe if they were dragged from their beds and fcuked into a slutty pit, where they belong. That might prove to be more effective than a wee text message perhaps.

wow, so let me get this straight, you slag me off for sending txts and then you suggest they should be dragged from their beds and drowned in a slurry pit!

hmm, live in the real world much

Advertisement