Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! 12 Pub survival tips

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭draylander

The fact that you are asking for survival tips means you are screwed!

NEVER SHOW WEAKNESS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

koHd wrote: »
    Do you not drink guinness? That's the one drawback on guinness when you're in the pub. It takes a couple of minutes to pour one correctly from the tap. Now instead of one, you're waiting for 12 from possible just two taps of guinness in some bars.

No don't drink Guinness, but I know how to pour. (Its been a while though)

Yes, you may have 2 taps, but your grab 2 glasses, and start your pour, fill to the harp, without breaking the pour swap to the next 2, and repeat another 4 times.

When you have finished the last 2, start topping off the first ones. Shouldn't take THAT long.

Given that the optimum time for pour and settle is about 4 minutes, you don't need to multiply that by 12, as you are still pouring while others are settling, I'd say roughly about 7 minutes from starting to pour til all are settled. Maybe a little less if your not fussy about pouring.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

sorry forget what i said earlier because drinking glasses is for pussys.

. ive had 16 pints in 7 hours and driven home after it.

Yeah great achievement you knob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

0verblood wrote: »
    Feck

This lad is asking for survival tips not high horse pussy advice like "stop being a burden to the taxpayer when you end up in hospital, just enjoy 2 pints with your friends and cherish life" bollox.

Just eat a big spuddy dinner a few hours before you go drinking so your guts are full but not your stomach. I drank 18 pints (beer not guinness though) only a few weeks ago, it was spread out since about 11am though... 12 pints in 6 hours will be tougher but you won't die. You'll just get very langers. You'll be grand have fun don't listen to the jealous misers on this thread.

18 pints??? :eek:

Your Liver: Help me! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

I've done the 12 pubs a few times myself in the past (no way I'd even try it now, I'm in semi-retirement from drink), and I've also seen other groups doing it. There is no trick to it if you're doing 'by the book' other than practice and more practice in the weeks leading up to it. However when I've seen other groups doing it, its obvious that a lot of people weren't finishing their drinks before they'd head to the next pub. Some would barely be a third of the way through them but everyone else in the group is heading to the next pub, so they go with them.

Personally I think it cheating, but each to their own. So thats the survival guide... don't drink the full pint. Not as much fun, you don't go home covered in sick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

PH4T wrote: »
    I'm doing 12 pubs later today. 12 pints of Guinness in 6 hours.

Anyone done it before and have any tips to:

A) survive the night
    B) be able to function tomorrow

Well did you survive?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Being a non-drinker, I don't get why people do this to themselves? Few drinks to get a buzz on? Fair enough if that's what they're into.

But 12 pints in six hours knowing you'll be a state?

I just don't understand the appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

TheZohan wrote: »
    Well did you survive?!

Just about, was mayhem in town last night but great craic!

Some survival tips learned:

Big feed beforehand is key. Definitely slows down the effects of alcohol.

If you have a good phone, leave it at home. I left my smartphone at home and took out an old Nokia. One of the lads dropped and smashed the screen on his iPhone 4. If you do do this make sure you have the numbers of the participants on your old phone (I didn't!)

Christmas jumpers will get you a bit of attention from the opposite sex but its the little extras that work even better. Stick Christmas tree decorations or lights to your jumper for extra attention (a sprig of Mistletoe is probably the best prop you can have).

Bonus pubs are a bad idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

doing the 12 pubs next saturday, jusdging by the people in town last night its going to be carnage, have my xmas jumper and lights ready to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Trog

12 Pubs is possibly the most fun I've had in one night. Honestly didn't think I'd make it through the whole night but somehow I did.

We had a good rule to stop the self proclaimed 'ladies men' of the group from holding up progress (with more than 4 or 5 this is inevitable). You have half an hour to get in, get your drink, and get a number if you're feeling frisky. Any lads caught lingering to chat up women get quietly and subtly surrounded by the group (not facing him so it doesn't look too obvious), then one person butts in front of the girl and says "HE'LL DO" as loudly as possible without shouting. The group immediately lifts him and carries him out of the pub.

Anyone else got good extra rules to aid a smooth and fun night?

• Advertisement
Advertisement