Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! 12 Pub survival tips

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

PH4T wrote: »
    The challenge is you do have a pint in every pub. Rounds system. So a different lad in each pub orders a round fo Guinness for everyone.

By the time the barman pours 12 Guinness you will easily have sobered up from the last one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

By the time the barman pours 12 Guinness you will easily have sobered up from the last one!

What kind of **** barmen to you have serving you?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

You can do it man. Follow your dreams and don't stop believing!
    Woooo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

why dont ye spread it out over ten hours and enjoy the few drinks. Fcuk all of your mates will drink 12 pints of Guinness in 6 hours and even if they do they will be forcing it down them.

Id spread it out over ten hours, grab a bag of chips in the middle and ye will have a much better night, not a night of regret and force feeding drink down ye're necks.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

What kind of **** barmen to you have serving you?!

Do you not drink guinness? That's the one drawback on guinness when you're in the pub. It takes a couple of minutes to pour one correctly from the tap. Now instead of one, you're waiting for 12 from possible just two taps of guinness in some bars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    12 pints of Guinness? That's crazy. Guinness completely loses its appeal after the 3rd pint. Would be more worried about the endurance test of having to drink Guinness all night. Smelly farts for you tomorrow.

13 pints is my record :D I find that guinness, in the right pub, tastes even better as you go on. But doing a crawl means you could get sub par pints. Ruinning the taste.

I would recommend eating well before it, and during if you feel hungry. Eating a banana or two is a good idea, helped me through manys a session. And would go for pizza or a big dirty kebab over pasta.

As for smelly farts the next day, not a problem as I am a well seasoned Guinness drinker. I'd get that checked out by a doctor :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Guinness is for gays, drink Murphys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Take your time you have roughly half an hour to drink each pint i take it.For Guinness is the easiest of all drinks, pints wise, to consume with haste.Best of luck anyway and enjoy your day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Ah yeah, forgot my advice.

Before you go, have a good meal...a big meal. Even go for a big chinese if you want. And just before you have your first pint, have a pint of milk. A bit of water wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Whatever you do, if you feel yourself getting REALLY drunk, be a man and just go home. Nobody wants to babysit you. Otherwise enjoy and go get drunk. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

Feck

This lad is asking for survival tips not high horse pussy advice like "stop being a burden to the taxpayer when you end up in hospital, just enjoy 2 pints with your friends and cherish life" bollox.

Just eat a big spuddy dinner a few hours before you go drinking so your guts are full but not your stomach. I drank 18 pints (beer not guinness though) only a few weeks ago, it was spread out since about 11am though... 12 pints in 6 hours will be tougher but you won't die. You'll just get very langers. You'll be grand have fun don't listen to the jealous misers on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I'm doing 12 pubs later today. 12 pints of Guinness in 6 hours.

Anyone done it before and have any tips to:

A) survive the night
    B) be able to function tomorrow

I've done it a few times. Was able to do it as the lads I were doing it with weren't the type of dicks who lay out rules or lambast people who appear to be falling behind. We went out for the laugh and they were great days. It's class when you intermittently meet other groups doing it.

Have a good meal. Don't think of it as 12 pints, but rather having a good time with friends. Enjoy the atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

Why do you feel you have to drink beyond your limits? Try 6 pints instead and have some water in between. Get merry, be able to remember the night tomorrow, and don't cover yourself or others in puke or end up in hospital where the taxpayer will have to foot the bill because that 11th guinness was just so goddamned tempting.

I really hope your joking. I really do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Some serious feckin aul wans on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Get a couple of pints in before the 12 pubs start,should help your system adjust.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Get a couple of pints in before the 12 pubs start,should help your system adjust.

Exactly.

You really should have had a practice session on your own yesterday, to see how far you could make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

know the one thats one too many, once you know it your not doing too badly !!! then continue until you get to the ones you'll never remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

If you insist on drinking 12 pints of Guinness, do not attempt to approach anyone you have any interest of having sex with, ever.

You might not realise how bad you smell, not only from your rancid sour breath but also ..... ught just shudder. Actually I feel sick now.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

CiaranC wrote: »

Tell me about it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Not really - if you can handle 12 pints, then go for it. If you have to force them down, it's not fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Eat some potatoes before you head out, apparently the starches in the spuds are great for breaking down the alcohol. This wisdom was given to me by a doctor and it works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Usual suspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

TheZohan wrote: »
    Eat some potatoes before you head out, apparently the starches in the spuds are great for breaking down the alcohol. This wisdom was given to me by a doctor and it works a treat.

Would chips do?

Starting in 90 minutes so gonna go for a bid feed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Would you not rather visit a cafe with the lads and get tea and scones - this sounds way too irresponsible. Did you inform your mother that you're doing this because i doubt she'd be to impressed?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Would you not rather visit a cafe with the lads and get tea and scones - this sounds way too irresponsible. Did you inform your mother that you're doing this because i doubt she'd be to impressed?

Not a bad idea for tomorrow, destroy some cafes jacks rather than our own :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I would stick to ale or lager or something, anything but stout. I start to get literally full after 6 pints of Guinness, the thoughts of drinking another six would sicken me before the drink did.

Maybe stick to some mild spirits like Vodka for the first few places and then soften the blow with beer in the later rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Am meant to be doin the 12 Pubs myself in a bit, but the lads have already started (have been told on purpose so to have "man time" first pffft). Anyway probably just aswell i only ever manage 6 or 7 before im banjaxed.

My tip: bottles at the start, pints in the middle, shots at the end and a litre of water hittin the hay! Good luck might bump into ya...im the one wearing very noisy snowman earrings:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Ronnie Drew is spinning in his grave at some of these auld wan answers.

Have a wee dram of whiskey with each Guinness to help it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Would chips do?

Starting in 90 minutes so gonna go for a bid feed soon.

Mashed or boiled are better, chips are not the best...but you've already started drinking now so this is academic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

biko wrote: »
    Keep eating throughout.
    There's no need with Guinness the meal in a glass.

Anyone that drinks Guinness should have no problem mopping back a pint every half hour. If you leave a pint of Guinness un-drank for more than 30 minutes it reverts back to bog water.

Advertisement