Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Inquest

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Could he not have taken Brenda Donoghue with him?

Seriously, the acceptance of mediocrity in this country frightens me.

Derek Mooney earns €242,000.00 per annum.

Think about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

this is after hours,

Yeh,...'AH: where the only insults are the ones to your intelligence!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Amber Lamps

I'd say if it wasn't for the fact that he was so seriously overweight at the time he died ie. if he was a normal weight, the whole cocaine thing would have surfaced a lot quicker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gerry_Ryan.jpg

When a guy who looks like this dies you're always going to assume it was due to his weight unless discovered to be otherwise.

thought it said 'world eater' behind him for a second :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

policeman wrote: »
    Fiona Looney was also very close to G. Ryan, closer than his family some might say. She said in a newspaper article that she knew of Gerry's penchant for coke..

Would you not need more than coke to get close to a looney bird?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭yaynay

a h HA HA HA HA HA
    Gareth O'Callahan is a muppet!!

RADIO broadcaster Gareth O'Callaghan has admitted to gardai that he does not know the identity of the drug dealer who supplied cocaine to his former colleague, Gerry Ryan.
    Mr O'Callaghan had agreed to be interviewed by gardai after weekend reports indicated he might have information that could help their investigation.
    Mr O'Callaghan, who formerly worked with 2fm, had been quoted in several media reports saying that he knew of three or four stars in RTE who were using cocaine, and that the names of two dealers were regularly mentioned.
    But it is understood that he was unable to provide any information that could have helped to progress their inquiries.
    Mr O'Callaghan was interviewed by detectives at Blanchardstown station, Dublin, about the media indications and his reported comments.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ocallaghan-tells-gardai-he-doesnt-know-gerry-coke-dealer-2471659.html

I'd say there's more to this. Wonder if he had a 'warning'? Lets face it, some scumbag coke dealer wouldn't have a problem issuing threats if they thought their name was gonna be brought to the garda and media's attention.

Not sure what other explanation there could be for the sudden change of mind...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

yaynay wrote: »
    I'd say there's more to this. Wonder if he had a 'warning'? Lets face it, some scumbag coke dealer wouldn't have a problem issuing threats if they thought their name was gonna be brought to the garda and media's attention.

Not sure what other explanation there could be for the sudden change of mind...

Its having the effect of making O'callaghan look like a prize pillock..one minute fronting himself large with threats to blow whistles and rat people out the next he's shutting up and meekly saying nothing.

A blow-hard and a windbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭policeman

Happyman42 wrote: »
    What you have here in the main is just juvenile begrudgery of various sorts. Begrudging of Gerry, begrudging of RTE.....it is just amazing the levels of bile people can summon up. These juveniles are just tripping over their hate and bile to have a go, regardless of what the truth is.

eh, don't think so. Don't take it so personally eh? I can understand why people will come on here to defend the honour of their beloved employer ;)

G Ryan f**ked up.
    RTE f**ked up.

Fair game for open discussion in a free country don't you think?

Unless we're living in China or something :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

MidlandsM wrote: »
    +1
    RTE managment are a shower of LIARS too. They stated the other day that the never knew GR was a coke addict.
    John Clarke,former head of 2fm, GR's last boss in 2fm and who knew GR for decades never knew he was on Drugs? Like FFS........who are they kiddin?

I've worked on productions (not RTE based etc.) and been to wrap parties where coke was handed around. I didn't know about this fact until after the party when someone else told me about it. I guess if you're not in that type of circle you're not going to know about.

Although with saying that, it was mentioned to me a few years back that Gerry Ryan was fond of the white stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

policeman wrote: »
    G Ryan f**ked up. How so? Was he consistently absent from work? Bad at his job? There aren't too many places to hide behind a microphone.... so on that score the answer is NO, he didn't **** up professionally.
    He may have ****ed up personally for a variety of reasons and in a variety of ways, but that isn't any of my business. And until his wife, family or friends come on here and engage in talking about it...I suggest it is none of yours either.
    His private life was his own..and judging by your nickname you would agree that he was entitled to that?

RTE f**ked up. Not proven.

Carry on with your holier than thou moralising and speculation, because that is all this thread is. Merry Christmas.

Btw...I was not a fan of G.Ryan...I simply switched off or over, a concept a whole lot of people on here seem to have great difficulty with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Happyman42 wrote: »

Btw...I was not a fan of G.Ryan...I simply switched off or over, a concept a whole lot of people on here seem to have great difficulty with.

You've obviously never encountered the joys of the communal work radio then so...switching off or changing station isn't always an option for people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Larianne wrote: »
    Although with saying that, it was mentioned to me a few years back that Gerry Ryan was fond of the white stuff...

The dogs on the streets knew he had a coke addiction, indeed in other discussions re. G.Ryan on boards.ie there were warnings issued to posters who hinted at Ryan's addictions.

It really was that open, even when he died the first thoughts posted were hints re. this being a coke death.

I also think its time that all state and semi-state bodies should introduce random drug testing of all their employee's.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I also think its time that all state and semi-state bodies should introduce random drug testing of all their employee's.

Definitely!! I was frightened to hear of someone working in a hospital where a young doctor boasted about his cocaine taking. :eek:

Definitely!! I was frightened to hear of someone working in a hospital where a young doctor boasted about his cocaine taking. :eek:

We have it in work, and I'll tell you. Even the cleanest lad gets the sh*t sent up him/her when they hear the Drug Test Team are visiting..

I don't know even one lad in work who'd take the chance using anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

The poxy unions would kill it. "change of conditions of work" etc. Sure they won't even cut the three quarter mill the head pc esb gets what makes you think any govt is going to bring in drug tests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Nevore wrote: »
    Sure they won't even cut the three quarter mill the head pc esb gets

Could someone translate this into English (or Irish) for me, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Wertz wrote: »
    You've obviously never encountered the joys of the communal work radio then so...switching off or changing station isn't always an option for people.

you could always obtain one of those MP3 transmitters with a particularly long range and find out what frequency the station is on in your area...........
    I was frightened to hear of someone working in a hospital where a young doctor boasted about his cocaine taking. :eek:
    Surely a doctor wouldnt touch that crap ? I mean dont they have access to proper drugs :pac:

Yeah because we cant have the Guy who sweeps the streets having a joint at the weekend we just cant Joe :rolleyes:

Could someone translate this into English (or Irish) for me, please?

當然他們甚至不磨切頭三個季度的PC
    ESB中獲得

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    you could always obtain one of those MP3 transmitters with a particularly long range and find out what frequency the station is on in your area...........
    They don't work like that.
    Yeah because we cant have the Guy who sweeps the streets having a joint at the weekend we just cant Joe :rolleyes:

Evidently not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

They don't work like that.

Some of them do

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭dunleakelleher

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Surely a doctor wouldnt touch that crap ? I mean dont they have access to proper drugs :pac:
    :

LOL. what makes a drug "proper" Sold under licence with profits going to a corporation rather that a cartel :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

LOL. what makes a drug "proper" Sold under licence with profits going to a corporation rather that a cartel :D

No, something unadulterated. A doctor with a colleagues script pad would know exactly what stimulant to pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Can we not just let Gerry Ryan (Inquest) rest in peace?

Yeah....it's died a death...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Yeap brush it under the carpet and pretend he was'nt strung out on coke most of the time.

Mister men wrote: »
    Yeap brush it under the carpet and pretend he was'nt strung out on coke most of the time.

You have information that he was strung out all the time. Were you a friend of his? Did you hang out with him much?

I was under the impression that the autopsy found 'traces' in his system, this would not be indicitive of someone being strung out 'ALL' the time.

You all might what to watch what you are saying, seems to me a lot of people are hearing one thing, and embellishing it , to suit themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Media reports of his 2000 euro a week habit would certainly indicate being high more or less all the time.

Furthermore, we weren't given exact details of what constitutes 'traces'.

Furthermore, we weren't given exact details of what constitutes 'traces'.

well there are traces.. and then there are high levels.

Could it not have been that he may have used it on rare occasions?

Someone here said the dogs on the street knew gerry Ryan was on coke. I honestly had never heard such a thing.

My partner drove Gerry and Melanie many a time to events, he never seemed to be under the influence of anything but drink. But sure who knows really.

mloc wrote: »
    Media reports of his 2000 euro a week habit would certainly indicate being high more or less all the time.

I see what you are saying, but sure the press could write YOU were spending 2000g a week on coke, wouldnt nessecarily make it true though.

Id take what the press write with a large grain of salt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Jake1 wrote: »

Id take what the press write with a large grain of salt.

White, sniffable, and right on topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement