Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Return to cold next week - Potentially Severe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

nothing but rain forcasted new it.:(
    by any chance in your infinite wisdom could you clarify where your getting this from or are you throwing the bait out AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

?

I think he means the six one news weather that was just on?

Countryfile weather just started - great opening!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Snowman10 wrote: »
    Personally I dont think think will be a widespread event.... I just dont see Ireland getting plastered again in a matter of weeks.... whats the odds on that happening?? Dont get me wrong I would love to see it happen as much as you guys but the reason i am skeptic is that I just have never witnessed it i suppose. anyone agree???

have you not seen whats happening in the middle east and turkey !
    the weather is turning on its head...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11979285

Now that's what I call a forecast! :eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

nothing but rain forcasted new it.:(

gwan238l.jpg

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

snow ghost wrote: »

Just caught the tail end of it , but There was snow all around our little piece of Rock ,

Just need the winds to bring them in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

I think he means the six one news weather that was just on?

Countryfile weather just started - great opening!:eek:

yes 6.1 & i aint a troll,I badly want snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Which one bbc or rte. Link?

greysides wrote: »
    gwan238l.jpg

im not a clown either,just all i seen was rain forecasted on 6.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

The BBC seem a lot more willing to say its going to get very cold than RTE do :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

yes 6.1 & i aint a troll,I badly want snow

The RTE forecast is extremely conservative when it comes to snow, they never commit up until a day or so beforehand and even then its usually sleet an maybe snow on high ground so I wouldnt take it too seriously

The BBC on the other hand was great for us, the North and West coasts look like getting plenty of snow if its anything to go by

Just caught the tail end of it , but There was snow all around our little piece of Rock ,

Just need the winds to bring them in

There was some difference between that and Met Eireann's forecast, ME did slightly allude to some arctic conditions at the end of next week, but essentially said rain - as brenireland pointed out - in their graphics with the caveat that there may be 'wintry showers'.

Btw, winds will be provided! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Saw that.

If the wind veers northwesterly,then you get snowmageddon in munster especially clare,limerick,Kerry and Cork and Tipperary.

oh i hope so:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

What did they say?

Kippure wrote: »
    Which one bbc or rte. Link?

BBC Countryfile Kippure, sorry don't have a link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

I just got stuck on a hill in Wexford, roads are horrendous..... :eek:

father tried pulling car with 4X4, he got stuck, got tractor - tractor sliding down hill...

my car stopped with handbrake on and still sliding down hill :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

These pics were only taken yesterday evening :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

GFS has -10 850 temps for the whole country (bar valentia;) as early as thursday:

gfs-1-102.png?12

anyone notice how they have -2 850's forecasted for ALGERIA??? seems a little bit cool for them . .:P

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Harps wrote: »
    The RTE forecast is extremely conservative when it comes to snow, they never commit up until a day or so beforehand and even then its usually sleet an maybe snow on high ground so I wouldnt take it too seriously

The BBC on the other hand was great for us, the North and West coasts look like getting plenty of snow if its anything to go by

Is it harder to predict the weather for the island of Ireland than it is for Britain?

demakinz wrote: »
    What did they say?

The alluded to the potential for very snowy artcic weather from the end of next week for the UK and their graphics had us surrounded by snow here in Ireland.

Best to do a search and see if its available somewhere on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Anyone on here from N.I or at least North of Dublin.
    Travelling there tomorrow and wondering are the roads improved??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Did not get a chance to see the BBC forecast for the week ahead. However I remember there was a guy last year during the January 2010 freeze who had a YouTube channel for BBC forecasts.

Would anyone remember his name so we can see today's forecast, that is if he has posted it online!

Thks

derekon wrote: »
    Did not get a chance to see the BBC forecast for the week ahead. However I remember there was a guy last year during the January 2010 freeze who had a YouTube channel for BBC forecasts.

Would anyone remember his name so we can see today's forecast, that is if he has posted it online!

Thks

He hasnt got it up yet on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Take thoese snow charts on the bbc with a pinch of salt, still a bit far out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

The rain forecast on the 6.1 was for thursay which was always forecast, nobody ever said it would be snow. Whats the problem?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Thanks Brenireland but that video is just a look at Europe for the coming days.

The Countryfile forecast is a lot more detailed for the week ahead.

Kippure, you said the guy who normally posts the video has not yet put it up online. Could you please post his YouTube site so others can check back later to see if the video has been posted ?

Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

derekon wrote: »
    Thanks Brenireland but that video is just a look at Europe for the coming days.

The Countryfile forecast is a lot more detailed for the week ahead.

Kippure, you said the guy who normally posts the video has not yet put it up online. Could you please post his YouTube site so others can check back later to see if the video has been posted ?

Thks

YouTube - terratec365's Channel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

If it were to be cold enough for snow rather than rain, the Australian model would deliver some epic snow next Sunday. :pac:

bom-0-168.png?12

bom-2-174.png?12

Won't happen like that, but fun to imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

malman wrote: »
    Is it harder to predict the weather for the island of Ireland than it is for Britain?

Yes, we've got the Atlantic right on our doorstep while Britain is surrounded by other countries for the most part.

The Atlantic is very unpredictable but I'd still like Met Eireann to be more decisive with their forecasts as on this occasion both Ireland and Britain will be getting the same weather yet the two forecasts were totally different

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement