Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Give eircom good advice and you could win €100

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

I know this wont win me any prize but im going to be honest.
    I dont like eircom , i tell all my friends to switch there ISP to your biggest competitior.I,ll give you the reasons why.

1.your internet speeds are rediculous 8mb is not next generation broadband......its practically dial up.I have 30mb fibre optic broadband that ive never had 1 problem with its the same price as your regular package yet that package has a 30gb downoad usage limit...mine has no limit.

So improve your value .....and at least if you cant get next generateration invest some money for once and get this generations technology.

2.I see eircom as a company which for years had a monopoly here in ireland and had to do nothing to compete or try to offer good vaue.......it seems like even though now you have serious competition you still dont want put the money or effort into improving.

Now there are actually alot more minor issues but i dont want to talk about them as it wi only distract you from the main issues.

So to summarise you are offering broadband which is so slow i would not use it if it was free ......you charge more for it than the most advanced broadband sold by your competitiors {which makes yours look like its 20-30 years old by comparison.You need to invest a major amount into getting 40-50 mb speed home broadband and charge 35-40 euro for it or else keep your current speeds but charge 10/15/20 euro for the 3 packages you sell.

Oh and your landline and mobile prices are both the dearest in the country even though you offer less perks than your competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Thank you for your advice, we hope we can help people of all ages

You can access playstation through the Netopia router, the information on how to do this is on our webiste
    http://eircom.net/tutorials, you are looking for a video called Console Gaming Set Up

Hope this helps

Eleanor

Hi Eleanor, thanks for that - step by step is a great idea, but regards to the solution presented, I don't think it's sufficient - back when I used a netopia, I tried that, but could not get nat2 as the playstation calls it, which hampers online gaming significantly...when you made the video, did you test for this on a live playstation? Only nat 3 was available...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭eircom: Eleanor

Dardania wrote: »
    Hi Eleanor, thanks for that - step by step is a great idea, but regards to the solution presented, I don't think it's sufficient - back when I used a netopia, I tried that, but could not get nat2 as the playstation calls it, which hampers online gaming significantly...when you made the video, did you test for this on a live playstation? Only nat 3 was available...

Thanks for getting back to me, I've passed this on to my colleague and he will check into this and be back to you shortly

Eleanor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Dardania,

Thanks for contacting the eircom forum on boards.
    Regarding your query on Nat, or if you intend opening ports on the router /modem, all that is required is to lower the firewall for all games consoles.
    Please see notes below :
    We have a large community of games consoles users who have no problem with using games consoles with eircom broadband. Generally once they have lowered their firewall they are able to successfully use their games consoles.
    As advised previously, if you wish to do this please see the step by step guide on Eircom's self-help Video Tutorials: www.eircom.net/tutorials - games console set-up (logging on to router via IP Address, etc.)

If you are using the eircom Zyxel Modem, it is basically the same. However, you may need to log on to the router with the password : broadband1. Once you log on to the router interface, just click on Security on the listed menu, then select Firewall, and set this to low.

You can also try to increase Max NAT/Firewall Session Per User to 4096 ; try also to set the Re-Authentication Timer to 9999

For game consoles, including xbox, ps3, there should be no need to open specific ports, or to set up port forwarding on the router. Lowering the firewall is all that is really required. If there is a technical reason for the games console to change Nat or ports, our Technical Support team will advise that you contact the game vendor. Please see below further information below:

If you wish to find where to change NAT settings or open ports, then I would advise you to contact the game vendor (e.g: xbox or sony support) and they can give you the individual port changes, etc.

Other useful links:
    http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/xbox.htm
    http://portforward.com/
    xbox setup
    xbox support contact no : for Xbox

Web:
    Xbox Support
    E-mail:
    supxbxen@microsoft.com
    Phone:
    1800 509 186 (9-10 Mon-Fri, Sat 9-8, 9-5 Sun)
    PlayStation Support 0818 365 065 (local)
    www.ie.playstation.com/help-support

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Guys,

We have got some great feedback and advice from everyone! We really appreciate the positive response towards us to date. So we will extend the competition until 13th of December and will will announce the winner on Monday.

Thanks,

Mark, Ant, Elle & Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Think ya's might have overlooked my post, seems to be the only one not responded to :p

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Improve your customer service, don't add extra costs to the bill to test the consumer is reading the bill, respond to complaints in a timely fashion, and finally when a complaint is made don't take it as a personal attack on you and get defensive. Unbelievable though it may seem the customers and customer service want the same good uninterrupted service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Welcome to Boards! :)

I guess it's gonna take a while for you guys to settle in to what will become your "new home!" :D

But as all other Posters have said where possible, try to be honest and don't lie! :rolleyes::p

Also, while you are trying to some extent to do your job here, a lot of the time, it can help if you can take a step back and view the problem as much as possible through the eyes of the Consumer rather than resolutely rigidly sticking to the confines of officey-desk-taskforce style ..... :confused:

Another thing, - where you are coming from previous Customer Service back-grounds, I'm sure that while ye may not relish it as an added addition/bonus/perk of the job, - you're aware that you're gonna be majorly "under-fire" from angry fussypots with things not working etc., so a few deep breaths to begin with and get stuck in, and try to understand that we're all a good bunch of people on here really same as anywhere, just with things not working it's very easy to get hot-headed, but never heavy-handed, and hopefully we'll all get along fine lol! :)

Remember!
    ~ We all make mistakes but not everyone is big enough to admit to them.

~ We learn something new everyday.

~ We all attend the school of life!

:cool:

Hi Dardania,

Thanks for contacting the eircom forum on boards.
    Regarding your query on Nat, or if you intend opening ports on the router /modem, all that is required is to lower the firewall for all games consoles.
    Please see notes below :
    We have a large community of games consoles users who have no problem with using games consoles with eircom broadband. Generally once they have lowered their firewall they are able to successfully use their games consoles.
    As advised previously, if you wish to do this please see the step by step guide on Eircom's self-help Video Tutorials: www.eircom.net/tutorials - games console set-up (logging on to router via IP Address, etc.)

If you are using the eircom Zyxel Modem, it is basically the same. However, you may need to log on to the router with the password : broadband1. Once you log on to the router interface, just click on Security on the listed menu, then select Firewall, and set this to low.

You can also try to increase Max NAT/Firewall Session Per User to 4096 ; try also to set the Re-Authentication Timer to 9999

For game consoles, including xbox, ps3, there should be no need to open specific ports, or to set up port forwarding on the router. Lowering the firewall is all that is really required. If there is a technical reason for the games console to change Nat or ports, our Technical Support team will advise that you contact the game vendor. Please see below further information below:

If you wish to find where to change NAT settings or open ports, then I would advise you to contact the game vendor (e.g: xbox or sony support) and they can give you the individual port changes, etc.

Other useful links:
    http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/xbox.htm
    http://portforward.com/
    xbox setup
    xbox support contact no : for Xbox

Web:
    Xbox Support
    E-mail:
    supxbxen@microsoft.com
    Phone:
    1800 509 186 (9-10 Mon-Fri, Sat 9-8, 9-5 Sun)
    PlayStation Support 0818 365 065 (local)
    www.ie.playstation.com/help-support

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers Ant

Hi Ant,

Thanks for getting back to me - I think you may have missed the crux of my issue - it's:

The netopia modem eircom supplied cannot give the ps3 a, as PlayStation describe: a NAT 2 connection - it instead gets a nat 3 connection - despite how you set the firewall on the netopia.

Here is information from Sony's website detailing why nat 3 isn't suitable:
    http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connecttest.html

And a quick search of boards: http://www.google.ie/#q=site:boards.ie+ps3+eircom+nat+2 shows that quite a few users have this problem - the best reason anyone has figured out is that the netopia has a limitation with its UPnP implementation.

Is there any possibility you could look into this further, as it does hamper quite a few people's online experience with their playstation using eircom...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

Deaddude wrote: »
    Think ya's might have overlooked my post, seems to be the only one not responded to :p

No they couldnt disprove my reasons why eircom sucks compared to upc so chose to ignore it too.........but sure is that not eircoms way of doing customer support.......only answer the easy questions......its more efficient........just not friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

The best advice I could give is don't be afraid to show your personality in posts/replys to people. People like to know they are dealing with people rather than a business line being repeated back again and again without a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

When transferring customers between different departments figure out a way to put them straight through rather than them having to queue again only to find that transfer is necessary again with another long wait in the queuing system.

When I finished with Eircom my final bill was €150+/-. I negotiated a credit for dial up for which I had been wrongly charged but according to Eircom I was expected to pay the final bill in total and wait 6 weeks for the credit to be issued to me. :confused: Needless to say I didn't pay till I received the credit. Why should Eircom receive interest on my money while I was expected to pay overdraft charges on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Very simple and short advice:
    Reply to people's questions,issues etc. in a very timely manner with honesty and without 'PR blurbs'.

For examply boards.ie have launched a new thread for 'Boards Deals' and promised that they'd reply to peoples suggestions but any suggestion I've given so far has been ignored and not replied to. This is annoying, frustrating, rude and puts me off boards slightly. And I'll tell the tale to others, who will pass it onto others....

cheers,
    Pa.

Deaddude wrote: »
    Being on boards for about six years now I hope the advice I can offer will help you on coming on boards
    • Try to be as prompt as possible when responding to people
    • Vague answers are infuriating, consumers are used to them from dealing with people on the phone etc
    • Be down to earth with people, we're just like you and boards.ie is a "discussion forum" so discuss and work out issues with people instead of giving blanket statments
    • Something that really irritates me is when I recieve 'standard replies', I'm talking about copy and pasted responses
    • Building on my previous point, you are going to encounter alot of the same question, I suggest starting a FAQ thread now and updating it regurarly
    • Boards has a massive audience, use it to alert users if/when there are outages etc
    • Any feedback is good feedback, although you will probably be getting mostly negative feedback (people don't tell to ring you to tell you how happy they are) don't feel disheartened as many people will be happy with the service/care they are recieving
    • Always respond to a topic, even if you need to say "I will get back to you ASAP about that" and when you say you are going to do something, please do it
    • Try to build a rapport with people, it will greatly help you when you're having issues (fustrated customers)

Hello, thank you for you post, its very informative, we will do what we can to be as original as possible in our replies, some questions we receive may be the same so in those cases the replies will be similar or of a standard nature. I agree that a response to any query is necessary and is etiquette.We will adhere to this

Eleanor

The best advice I could give is don't be afraid to show your personality in posts/replys to people. People like to know they are dealing with people rather than a business line being repeated back again and again without a thought.

Thank You for your post, I appreciate your feeling on this however we are representing a Business here on Boards and whilst we will do what we can to inject some of our personalities into our posts, it is important that we maintain a certain level of professionalism in our replies and interactions with each and every poster.

Thank You Again for your feedback

Eleanor

Thank You all for your entries and your welcome messages on Boards.This competition is now closed and we will be announcing the winner shortly.

Eleanor

Hi Ant,

Thanks for getting back to me - I think you may have missed the crux of my issue - it's:

The netopia modem eircom supplied cannot give the ps3 a, as PlayStation describe: a NAT 2 connection - it instead gets a nat 3 connection - despite how you set the firewall on the netopia.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connecttest.html

And a quick search of boards: http://www.google.ie/#q=site:boards.ie+ps3+eircom+nat+2 shows that quite a few users have this problem - the best reason anyone has figured out is that the netopia has a limitation with its UPnP implementation.

Is there any possibility you could look into this further, as it does hamper quite a few people's online experience with their playstation using eircom...
    Dardania

Thank You for getting back to me, Ant is currently looking into this for you at the moment,he will be back to you with a resolution shortly

Eleanor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Dardania
    My colleague Ant has submitted your NAT query and is awaiting feed back. We should have a reply for you early next week. My apologies for the delay and hope you bear with us.
    Tony

Hi Dardania
    My colleague Ant has submitted your NAT query and is awaiting feed back. We should have a reply for you early next week. My apologies for the delay and hope you bear with us.
    Tony

No problem Tony, Ant & Eleanor - it's great to hear you're looking into it. Thanks for the update!

Hi Ant,

My advice is to be open to the customers, even if sometimes they get a little annoying just put your self in there position for a second and think about a good positive word of advice you can give them. Always be honest with your customer and dont transfer them to someone else constantly if you dont have an answer to a question or problem. Customers should always be first. I know sometimes it can be hard to consider that. But remember we wouldnt call if there was no reason. So there is always a reason.
    Be respectful and that will get you far:D I think if you done that Eircom would get a 5 star rating.

CandyApple2010,
    Congratulations you are the Winner!!!For your advice you win a €100 All for One Voucher
    Well done, please PM me your address and email
    Eleanor and the team

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

No problem Tony, Ant & Eleanor - it's great to hear you're looking into it. Thanks for the update!

Hi Dardania,

Thanks again, Apologies for delay getting back to you. I hurt the old back last week and have been off.

Any way, from what you say, it looks like you're unable to change the Nat type from Nat2 to Nat3 on the older Netopia Modem.

If you want I can swap out your modem for a our new Zyxel Modem.
    This may help rectify the issue for you.

Can you PM me your mobile phone and I will give you a quick call tomorrow and try to arrange this for you.

All the best
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I know I'm a bit late but I've only discovered you guys are on Boards now as well (actually side note to the Admins: Any thoughts on promoting/advertising new forums to Boardsies as they join?) so first off, welcome and thanks for taking the time and effort to interact with your customers.

I'll echo a lot of what has already been said,

1. Transparency and Honesty: Having worked in the support side of IT for well over a decade now myself, I can say that as long as a customer feels their query is being dealt with and you come back to them with a resolution or further diagnostic steps fairly promptly, most will give a bit of leeway if it takes a day or two to address it.

2. Copy/Paste answers: Do nothing for a company. The customer feels their issue isn't being dealt with (and generally the answers they get don't address the problem anyway) and frustration sets in when they have to reply and go through it all again.

3. Move with the times: As has already been suggested, eircom really needs to look at its offerings, and give the people what they want - especially where it differentiates you from the competion.

Take myself as an example... I'm an IT Manager living about an hour from Dublin. Fast, reliable broadband is a must for me but the only way I can get it is by bundling it with a phone package - and even then it's just over €60 a month for a phone service I never use (I have 2 mobiles, one of which has an unlimited calls package on it).

I moved back to eircom in the summer solely because my previous provider couldn't move my service in anything less than 3-5 weeks, even though there was a line in the new house with an active dial tone!! :eek: Of course they blamed that on yourselves as you own the lines/exchanges (but I'll get to that in a moment).

So I called eircom and true to her word, the woman I talked to had the line active the next day with the DSL active a few days after that.. BUT I had to practically force her to put it in at 7MB as your systems insisted it wouldn't take it - for the record I usually get 6.something from it (something to look in to?)

But that said I'd much rather just have a DSL package or maybe something bundled with Meteor (as thats who I have the call pack with - actually, just on that... now that eircom has launched eMobile, is the intention to sell off Meteor again as operating two competing mobile services doesn't make much sense to me??)

4. Take responsibility/ownership: As mentioned above, your competitors are very quick to blame the processes between them and yourselves for the delays in resolving issues (and maybe there's some truth to that), but there is nothing worse than hearing YOUR provider (who you pay money to!) trying to pass the buck to some other company.

This is doubly annoying when a company tries to do this between groups - eg: a bank blaming their credit card division for a mess-up on your account.
    As a customer I DON'T CARE about your internal processes or organisational structure.. I only want my issue resolved!

Fair enough, of course there will be times when you may need to liaise with that other division/department, but take ownership of it and keep me informed rather than passing me back and forth between ye.

Bear in mind that that "domestic customer" you're annoying may work in a role that has knock-on effects - eg: as part of my last job I did all the purchasing as well, including telecoms and my experiences as a home customer with certain companies did have an influence on who I went with for the DSL/mobile provision for the organisation (20 sites, about 100 mobile accounts and 7MB DSL or as high as we could get per site).

That's all I can think of for now so once again welcome to Boards and I'd certainly appreciate any thoughts on the points I've raised above.

Cheers! :)

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I know I'm a bit late but I've only discovered you guys are on Boards now as well (actually side note to the Admins: Any thoughts on promoting/advertising new forums to Boardsies as they join?) so first off, welcome and thanks for taking the time and effort to interact with your customers.

I'll echo a lot of what has already been said,

1. Transparency and Honesty: Having worked in the support side of IT for well over a decade now myself, I can say that as long as a customer feels their query is being dealt with and you come back to them with a resolution or further diagnostic steps fairly promptly, most will give a bit of leeway if it takes a day or two to address it.

2. Copy/Paste answers: Do nothing for a company. The customer feels their issue isn't being dealt with (and generally the answers they get don't address the problem anyway) and frustration sets in when they have to reply and go through it all again.

3. Move with the times: As has already been suggested, eircom really needs to look at its offerings, and give the people what they want - especially where it differentiates you from the competion.

Take myself as an example... I'm an IT Manager living about an hour from Dublin. Fast, reliable broadband is a must for me but the only way I can get it is by bundling it with a phone package - and even then it's just over €60 a month for a phone service I never use (I have 2 mobiles, one of which has an unlimited calls package on it).

I moved back to eircom in the summer solely because my previous provider couldn't move my service in anything less than 3-5 weeks, even though there was a line in the new house with an active dial tone!! :eek: Of course they blamed that on yourselves as you own the lines/exchanges (but I'll get to that in a moment).

So I called eircom and true to her word, the woman I talked to had the line active the next day with the DSL active a few days after that.. BUT I had to practically force her to put it in at 7MB as your systems insisted it wouldn't take it - for the record I usually get 6.something from it (something to look in to?)

But that said I'd much rather just have a DSL package or maybe something bundled with Meteor (as thats who I have the call pack with - actually, just on that... now that eircom has launched eMobile, is the intention to sell off Meteor again as operating two competing mobile services doesn't make much sense to me??)

4. Take responsibility/ownership: As mentioned above, your competitors are very quick to blame the processes between them and yourselves for the delays in resolving issues (and maybe there's some truth to that), but there is nothing worse than hearing YOUR provider (who you pay money to!) trying to pass the buck to some other company.

This is doubly annoying when a company tries to do this between groups - eg: a bank blaming their credit card division for a mess-up on your account.
    As a customer I DON'T CARE about your internal processes or organisational structure.. I only want my issue resolved!

Fair enough, of course there will be times when you may need to liaise with that other division/department, but take ownership of it and keep me informed rather than passing me back and forth between ye.

Bear in mind that that "domestic customer" you're annoying may work in a role that has knock-on effects - eg: as part of my last job I did all the purchasing as well, including telecoms and my experiences as a home customer with certain companies did have an influence on who I went with for the DSL/mobile provision for the organisation (20 sites, about 100 mobile accounts and 7MB DSL or as high as we could get per site).

That's all I can think of for now so once again welcome to Boards and I'd certainly appreciate any thoughts on the points I've raised above.

Cheers! :)

Thank You for your recent post, I take on board all the advice you have given to us and thank you for it.

I appreciate what your saying about Broadband bundles with telephone lines and certanly will bring your query re eircom and Meteor bundles to my colleague in Meteor.

As for your query about emobile and Meteor, these are two seperate brands that cater to different types of customers.Emobile recently launched has come about due to a demand from our existing eircom customer base.

As per previous posts regarding query responses,we have advised that we will do what we can to help everyone here on boards, we will advise that we are looking into something and give an honest response time for the query to be looked into.

Certainly the point you make about everything that happens has a knock on effect is a very valid one,we hope to improve the customers experience with eircom here on boards and hope this will have the desired knock on effect regarding the service our customers can expect to receieve.

Thank You again for your post

Eleanor

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hi Eleanor,

Thanks for your prompt reply...

Just on the eMobile/meteor point, I assume then this is related to complaints previously from other operators when eircom attempted to bundle landline calls with meteor packages.

Would there be any value then in me switching to eMobile (I would still want the same free calls/texts to all networks package), or will I be tied to the existing contract - even though both are eircom companies (again noting point 4 that I made earlier).

Thanks again

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Hi Eleanor,

Thanks for your prompt reply...

Just on the eMobile/meteor point, I assume then this is related to complaints previously from other operators when eircom attempted to bundle landline calls with meteor packages.

Would there be any value then in me switching to eMobile (I would still want the same free calls/texts to all networks package), or will I be tied to the existing contract - even though both are eircom companies (again noting point 4 that I made earlier).

Thanks again

There are still eircom bundles that have Meteor mobile minutes in them. Emobile came about because there was a slight gap in the market for the eircom customer who are a different demographic than Meteor customers.

Switching to emobile, emobile is affiliated to eircom, it is the mobile part of eircom but it has its own products and contracts that do not carry over or have any association with eircom landline products.Depending on what contract you have now, will depend on whether you would have any charges to pay for opting out of it i.e if you have your telephone line less than 6 months or if you have you Broadband bundle less than 12 months.

Emobile has different packages to offer customers and if your interested in finding out more I can ask my colleague Steve to look into this for you, PM me your details, eircom account number and telephone number, mobile number and we can get a call to you about emobile.

Eleanor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

In June 2007 line rental charges increased by €1.18 bringing line rental charges – already the most expensive in Europe to a total of €25.36 per month for a PSTN analogue line.This is a very different time we are living now ,that was the "boom" we are now in a major recession and the line rental should drop in price to reflect that.Do know of any plans to review line rental?

I pay 65.15 a month for 8 meg broadband ,which I only ever get 5meg ,and thats just broadband ,no phone.Do you think that's good value? I don't.

In June 2007 line rental charges increased by €1.18 bringing line rental charges – already the most expensive in Europe to a total of €25.36 per month for a PSTN analogue line.This is a very different time we are living now ,that was the "boom" we are now in a major recession and the line rental should drop in price to reflect that.Do know of any plans to review line rental?

I pay 65.15 a month for 8 meg broadband ,which I only ever get 5meg ,and thats just broadband ,no phone.Do you think that's good value? I don't.

I can refer your query to my colleagues in Pricing.All eircoms prices are compiled in conjunction with the Telecoms Regulator.
    Currently there are no plans to reduce line rental however this may change in the future.

Thank You for your post
    Eleanor

• Registered Users Posts: 16 westhfra

If your having any issues regarding your bill or serivce, please private message me your eircom details and I will address these for you

Thank You for your post

Eleanor

I'll be more than happy to go back to Eircom under the following circumstances.

- Before you send out the reps, test the lines first and see what speed it can
    handle - Don't pretend that the lines can take more than it can handle just
    to get a customer signed up. You're loosing credibility if you attempt to
    mislead customers.
    Don't sign me up for all singing all dancing service and once I signed up, you
    tell me that the lines cannot handle it.

- Don't tell me to frequently check the website for updates as I have been through this already for the last 4 years - You're not going to upgrade and you have no intention or money to do it.

- I'll be more than happy to pay if any when you eventually decide to upgrade the lines.

- Do not insult customers by charging an fixed amount of money for 1/2 or even less the speed that city dwellers enjoy.

- You're forcing potential customers away by not providing the services that other providers already supply - Granted that in most cases (including my own) I might be worst off when it comes to stability and caps.

westhfra wrote: »
    I'll be more than happy to go back to Eircom under the following circumstances.

- Before you send out the reps, test the lines first and see what speed it can
    handle - Don't pretend that the lines can take more than it can handle just
    to get a customer signed up. You're loosing credibility if you attempt to
    mislead customers.
    Don't sign me up for all singing all dancing service and once I signed up, you
    tell me that the lines cannot handle it.

- Don't tell me to frequently check the website for updates as I have been through this already for the last 4 years - You're not going to upgrade and you have no intention or money to do it.

- I'll be more than happy to pay if any when you eventually decide to upgrade the lines.

- Do not insult customers by charging an fixed amount of money for 1/2 or even less the speed that city dwellers enjoy.

- You're forcing potential customers away by not providing the services that other providers already supply - Granted that in most cases (including my own) I might be worst off when it comes to stability and caps.

Alot of advice, thank you
    I will refer your points to my colleagues in Field Sales
    Pricing I cannot change but I appreciate your view on it
    All updates regarding our services are available on our website, my colleagues are only trying to help by advising you to log on to check there
    If you have a personal experience with someone selling an eircom service and misleading you, please provide me with the details and I will take your query further
    Thank You
    Eleanor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BMF Plint

i have advice can you please run a t4 line to my house pleaseeeeee:o

i give you permission to put an exchange in my back garden if needed :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement