Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[COMPETITION] Give eircom good advice and you could win €100

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Vicxas wrote: »
    In the case of customers calling to troubleshoot their xbox connection, and its a problem with their ports/NAT etc. please do not bounce them back to xbox support. Its very frustrating.
    An XBOX support thread for these problems would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭eircom: Eleanor

In the case of customers calling to troubleshoot their xbox connection, and its a problem with their ports/NAT etc. please do not bounce them back to xbox support. Its very frustrating.

Thank You for your post,if you are having any problems with your ports,please contact us or private message me your eircom account information and I will look in to this for you with our support team

Eleanor

Joan125 wrote: »
    Reply To EVERYBODY ! and if you don't know the answer to what their asking ask them to explain their problem more or just tell them you need more time (as a fellow member commented). Just don't leave people without a reply because I know that there is nothing more frustrating than that and I think everybody else will agree with me.
    Welcome to boards
    :)

Thank you for your advice,that is definetly the way we hope to approach all queries received

Eleanor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

Don't ignore threads like a certain other communications provider on Boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

1. Avoid after hours, your name is used to invoke the devil there

2. Ask for stickys to be placed on some of the threads for common problems e.g. xbox router configuration preferably with diagrams and the main technology forums e.g. showing people how to change their router settings as this is a common topic.

3. Don't just send people to the helpline follow them up via posts or private messages.

4. The most important would be to have a code word for the eircom phone number only given to boards members that will automatically connect us to the duty manager who speaks a minimum of 3 programming languages a la.

Apart from that welcome to boards, great to see eircom represented here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭chahop

Two pieces of advice
    1) The guys you have out trying to switch people back do not have all the info and have giving me lies for answers, I dont know if they work direct for you or not but it gives a very bad impression.
    2) Tell IMRO to "GO FXXK YOURSELF" you either do "internet" or "specially selected internet pages we think you can view without hurting yourself"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Stop censoring the internet and actually spend money on upgrading your network.

BengaLover wrote: »
    Hi Eircom.
    Another menu option for customers dialling 1901 would be nice:

To speak with an agent say 'Agent'
    To report a fault, say 'Fault Report'
    To make a payment or discuss your bill, say 'Payment'
    If you have had a horrible day and wish to just shout at someone, say 'AAAAAAGGGGHHHRRHHHH'

Appreciate your feedback, if you have any problems with your service, please let us know and hopefully then you won't need to say AAAAAAA

smk89 wrote: »
    1. Avoid after hours, your name is used to invoke the devil there

2. Ask for stickys to be placed on some of the threads for common problems e.g. xbox router configuration preferably with diagrams and the main technology forums e.g. showing people how to change their router settings as this is a common topic.

3. Don't just send people to the helpline follow them up via posts or private messages.

4. The most important would be to have a code word for the eircom phone number only given to boards members that will automatically connect us to the duty manager who speaks a minimum of 3 programming languages a la.

Apart from that welcome to boards, great to see eircom represented here.

Thanks for your welcoming post,stickys are a great idea, we will look into this.We will endeavour to help you and all posters regarding any queries or issues with our service that you may have

Thank You

Eleanor

chahop wrote: »
    Two pieces of advice
    1) The guys you have out trying to switch people back do not have all the info and have giving me lies for answers, I dont know if they work direct for you or not but it gives a very bad impression.
    2) Tell IMRO to "GO FXXK YOURSELF" you either do "internet" or "specially selected internet pages we think you can view without hurting yourself"

If your having any issues regarding your bill or serivce, please private message me your eircom details and I will address these for you

Thank You for your post

Eleanor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Thanks Joan125 for taking time to contact our Forum.

Just to add, it's great to give a clear solution.
    On occasions it may not be possible to give an answer straight off. There may be several queries in a post, and some may be unrelated /or not concerning the company /provider. On these it may be necessary to get back or refer to a solution.

Thanks again
    ATB ant. :D
    Joan125 wrote: »
    Reply To EVERYBODY ! and if you don't know the answer to what their asking ask them to explain their problem more or just tell them you need more time (as a fellow member commented). Just don't leave people without a reply because I know that there is nothing more frustrating than that and I think everybody else will agree with me.
    Welcome to boards
    :)

Don't ignore threads like a certain other communications provider on Boards.ie.

We will do our best to respond to every post here on Boards

Thank You for your post

Eleanor

EAFC_rdfl wrote: »
    be informative. by that I mean that if someone opens a thread with a query or problem, and then that discussion is taken to PM, at least come back to the original thread and give a summary of how/if the query or problem was resolved.
    I have been following the 'talk to 3' forum, and have looked at numerous threads there with titles I can relate to, only to see the 'PM me and we will see what we can do' line rolled out at the end of it.
    It might also remove the chance of getting repetitive queries again and again and again and.....:)

Good advice, thank you

Eleanor

What do you think is the best piece of advice you could give them coming on to Boards.ie?

I Think the best piece of Advice is to be honnest. If I ask a question and you dont have the info off hand. Thats Fine. Let me know that your researching it, and That you'll get back to me. Nobody expectes you to have a magic ball in front of you :)

Thank your for your post, that is the approach we take regarding all queries,we will always let you know that we are looking in to something for you and come back to you with a response.

Eleanor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Vicxas.

Here is a helpful site:

Configure Your Modem For Online Gaming - www.eircom.net/tutorials - Step by Step Guide -Assistant - Video from Eircom.net Technical Support.

Hope it is of some help.

Mark

BrookieD wrote: »
    My advice here is to remember the Customer is king, To be treated at all times the way you wish to be treated. All your staff need to remember that in some form they are a customer and as such when something is wrong how do they react and what would they expect from the support agents.

With this in mind:-
    1) Treat all customers with the respect they deserve - we work very hard and in these times things like DSL are not cheap! please remember we are paying you all for a service that is to be supplied
    2) Make sure to respond to ALL queries in a timely manner
    3) If you say you will contact a customer at a set time make sure it happens NO MATTER WHAT!
    4) Give customer time to vent - then take control of the situation and empathize Never sympathize it is condescending to the customer.
    6) Attention to Detail - Get all agents recording all information spoken or written no matter how trivial it may seem at the time. This can clear issues up in moments should they arrive.

I have lots more but these are key.

Darren

Thank you for your post, everything you have said is absoluetly the key to the best customer service a company can give to a customer. We will pass on your advice to our colleagues who look after our customers on the phones and also take on board ousrselves the advice you have given

Thank You

Eleanor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

1) Stop the whole blocking TPB thing. You have as much right and as much reason to block it as you do to block Google. Both are used for legal and illegal means.

2) Make the prize for the competition €90. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

More or less the same as what other people are saying;
    1. Treat all customers with the respect they deserve.
    2. Get the broadband system up to scratch.
    3. No more lies to customers about broadband related issues and making promises of "uncongested broadband".
    4. Lower your prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Buttynic

Use the forum to give people a cross comparison of prices between the different telephone/internet providers and detail which provider provides the best value for money. From this customers might be able to give you advice as to the different areas where you could lower prices as demand requires etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CandyApple2010

My advice is to be open to the customers, even if sometimes they get a little annoying just put your self in there position for a second and think about a good positive word of advice you can give them. Always be honest with your customer and dont transfer them to someone else constantly if you dont have an answer to a question or problem. Customers should always be first. I know sometimes it can be hard to consider that. But remember we wouldnt call if there was no reason. So there is always a reason.
    Be respectful and that will get you far:D I think if you done that Eircom would get a 5 star rating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

My advice is do not ignore users who take the time to post in here. Let us know if you're all off on the holidays or if management wants to kill the boards.ie activity for an extended period. The guys on RicherSounds and Komplett do it and we're grateful for it.

So keep service simple and make it as frequent as you can - everybody knows (or should know) this probably isn't a replacement for other more widely used support channels but we don't want to waste time typing when we could be talking to a real Joe or the call queue music :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TravelTales

Welcome to Boards and I hope you enjoy the experience. My one piece of advice is please, please lower your prices. Eircom broadband is very good, I am a big fan, but the fact that you have to bundle it with a landline makes it very expensive compared to the competition. Wimax are getting closer.

Also tell us a bit more about Eircom....the comany has changed over the past 10 ten years, since it stopped being a state monopoly. Who owns you, what do you do and what to you plan to do for the future to make our lives better.

TravelTales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ciararjk

I think that you should schedule reply's if you cant reply all the time so that people are not checking back to the thread all the time to see if they have a reply on a comment, especially when it comes to competitions such as this one :) welcome to boards.ie btw, and one other piece of advice is to have competitions such as this one more often as the members love giving advice especially when it involves them winning money :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Ok, this is going to sound absolutely ridiculous, but I was onto your business broadband support line about 2 months ago trying to solve a problem. The operator asked me to hold, ended up on hold for about 10 minutes - No big deal. However, I wasn't on hold. I was still connected to the guy and could hear very heavy (and I mean VERY heavy) nasal/throaty-type breathing and it drove me insane! This was like listening to nails on a blackboard... I'd usually stick the phone on speaker-phone and wait to be gotten back to, but in a busy office I couldn't blare heavy breathing.

So maybe tell your operators to actually put people on hold or at least mute the line! It might sound fussy, but it drove me up the wall!

And maybe get rid of the "Jim from Eircom" ads! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Joan125

Thank you for your advice,that is definetly the way we hope to approach all queries received

Eleanor

:) I got a reply :P
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Hi,

welcome to boards.

There's a lot of techie people, especially in the broadband forum on here.
    While not all will have adsl & those that do will not all be eircom customers, use those that are eircom customers to your [& our] advantage.

Any new products / devices / services ye need tested get boardsies to trial them first.
    Same goes for firmware updates (p-660hw-t1 v3 could do with one).

thund3rbird_

oh - nearly forgot ..
    switch me to a fastpath profile while I think of it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Hi, Welcome to boards Eircom.

I was an Eircom broadband and phone customer up until recently when I could no longer afford to pay almost €60 per month for the service. We never really used the phone as we both have mobiles so it was mainly the broadband I was interested in. €60 per month for broadband is crazy so I switched to o2 midband in the summer. I'm paying €16.99 per month as I'm an o2 billpay customer.

Now, o2 is ok but I always found eircom to be far better and never had an issue with the service.

My question is: Is it not possible for eircom to abolish the line rental fee to its customers? (not temporary, for good)

I would run back to eircom if this happened and I would guess that 99% of the customers that left eircom would also go back if the prices were more competitive.
    I'd say almost every person in the country now use mobile phones for the majority of their phone calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,298 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hi Vicxas.

Here is a helpful site:

Configure Your Modem For Online Gaming - www.eircom.net/tutorials - Step by Step Guide -Assistant - Video from Eircom.net Technical Support.

Hope it is of some help.

Mark

Thanks mark, I actually work for xbox so this will be a big help to our customers

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LouiseMcNa

I had a landline, broadband and the same in my office. I left out of sheer frustration. The intial problem was in my office I just had the landline divert to my mobile. I never looked at any bills as I never used the land line. Well I missed a payment - then months later I got cut off. Fine that was all my fault. I do think as a phone provider it would not kill you to make one call saying you have 48 hrs, or a week whatever to pay your bill or you will be cut off. In these tough times people pay the ones who scream the loudest. It took a few days to realise my phone was not ringing that it was disconnected, I had a call a week previously from Eircom some guy telling me he was my account manager, but never mentioned I was due to be cut off. When I realised I was cut off it took over a week to reconnect me.
    What drove me nuts was 1. having to hear a voice activated service 2. Not been able to be heard by the relevant person. 3. Not getting treated like you should. I pointed out I needed my phone for business and everyday I was disconnect I was losing business. I reckoned it cost me well over 2k in Business, and the billwas only a few hundred which I paid - as it was a company I did not have a credit card so I had to go down and do a transfer from my business to personnal and then use a laser. As I said it was a week I was without a phone.
    The same thing happened in a Pharmacy I worked in, their accountant died, a few bills got left to the side and without much warning eircom disconnected them..
    As I said to Eircom then if they did not reconnect me within 24 hours I would swear to never use them again, it took two days to just reply to the email.
    So rant over, suggestions!
    1 Pay to have staff operating the lines, your not saving money having a voice activated call service over staff because many people won't deal with a voice activated service. Give this Country some work and employ a few more people to man the phones.
    2. If someones bill is in trouble, don't just send a letter, phone them - your have phones - give them a warning, put them on incoming calls only for 48 hours before you cut them off so they know what is coming.
    3. Have an easy way of emailing a complaint or problem, with a promise it will be dealt with asap. It took hours trying to work through all your sites to just email in complaint to a person.
    Try some of these and you might become more human to deal with. 3 Ireland are a joke they are not Irish, all lines are to Asia, accounts are UK. Vodfone (who I now use) are just OK, a bit better than Eircom and 3 but are not Irish either.
    Louise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'm 32. I'm a geek. I find the idea of a landline backwards, and out of date. I find the idea of paying for a landline even more backwards. I do however LOVE broadband.

Currently, I'm with UPC, because they run Broadband to my house, without the need for a landline, but I'd have gone with Eircom if they did broadband for 20 euro a month with no call ability on the phone connection.

So why don't you do that? My recommendation is broadband starting at 20 euro a month for a relatively normal package like 8 Meg, without having to pay for line rental over the normal phone lines, and a 6 month contract for those who are in rental accomodation. It's inevitable that broadband is going to end up at those prices in the next year or two, so why not be the first to do it, and grab the biggest share of the market?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement