Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jizzler Awards 2010 - Nominations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Nom nom nom nominations! :D
    Categories:
    Host - Deisegirl :D

Best Thread -Have You Ever Had Depression, Arrrrrggggggh, Pet Hates (<3), Yaaaaaaaaaaaah.
    Funniest poster -bythewoods.
    Best Taste in Music -Flyswatter, MavisDavis, Cheesefiend, Arcade Panda, Monzo.
    Best Mod - KnifeWRENCH.
    Best Beard - Soccy, of course.:P
    Poster you'd least like to be stuck in a lift with- EuropeanSon.
    The Niceguy award for nicest poster -ohthebaby, Novella, ArcadePanda, Aoibheann.
    Nerdiest Poster - Davidius, conorstuff.
    Should be a couple - Davidius and MavisDavis! Duh. :P
    Best newcomer - cheesefiend, Namlub.
    Best playpen intro - Phlegm's playpen intro. I forget who wrote it. :o
    Best younger poster - Soccy, Deise, Namlub, jumpguy.
    Most creative poster (art/music/drawing/baking/cooking/fashion/etc)- Arcade Panda, Banjo Fella, Kateos2.
    The Lifetime Achievement Award for services to C+H –Insect Overlord.

Wooooooooo, excitement! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Last year Not Jumpguy beat Jumpguy by about 2147483647 votes.
    So clearly the best thing to do is to try be incredibly different from jumpguy.
    I must go back about three pages just to point out that this is an excellent number.

syncosised wrote: »
    I must go back about three pages just to point out that this is an excellent number.

I can't believe I missed this post! :eek:
    gg Pyg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

syncosised wrote: »
    I can't believe I missed this post! :eek:
    gg Pyg

Subtle hints to be crowned nerdiest poster....right in the nomination thread.

I see what you're doing -_- :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

QoL, it actually is a really good number, because it is the range of an integer (32 bit integer) in computer programming.

But much more importantly, it is also a Mersenne Prime (there's only 47 known Mersenne Primes!!). A Mersenne Prime is a prime number of the form [latex]2^n - 1[/latex], where n is prime.

:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

QoL, it actually is a really good number, because it is the range of an integer (32 bit integer) in computer programming.

But much more importantly, it is also a Mersenne Prime (there's only 47 known Mersenne Primes!!). A Mersenne Prime is a prime number of the form [latex]2^n - 1[/latex], where n is prime.

More importantly, it's actually the number of votes "Not Jumpguy" received last year (due to the 32-bit integer limit I assume). :P

More importantly still, it's a double Mersenne number, i.e., one of the form
    [latex]2^{2^p - 1} - 1[/latex]
    There are only 4 such numbers known.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I cant wait to do maths next year....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Not to be a Mussolini but maybe if we make tomorrow the final day for nominations? Then the actually voting polls could get set up :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

deise_girl wrote: »
    Not to be a Mussolini but maybe if we make tomorrow the final day for nominations? Then the actually voting polls could get set up :)

Yeah, that makes sense. I didn't expect so many people to start posting when I originally set the deadline! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Shouldn't the awards be The "nialldeman" Awards? :P

http://goo.gl/ymybM

http://goo.gl/fOTIp

Categories:

Host - Poopsy co-host

Best Thread - How to get a girlfriend? / Teh Penis(if it counts)
    Funniest poster - Pyg
    Best Taste in Music - bluejaymraz / Jay P
    Best Mod - Insect Overload on account that it is his last year
    Best Beard - Has to be Soccy again
    Poster you'd least like to be stuck in a lift with - hitlersson was active since the last awards, wasn't he?
    The Niceguy award for nicest poster - Ginja Ninja
    Nerdiest Poster - Davidius
    Should be a couple - I haven't been the most active for the second half of the year so I don't know that many newer posters well so I'll have to go with Soccy / Deise again
    Best newcomer - Noel2k9
    Best playpen intro - ?
    Best younger poster - deise is the only poster I know for sure is younger than me.
    Most creative poster (art/music/drawing/baking/cooking/fashion/etc) - Arcade Panda
    The Lifetime Achievement Award for services to C+H – D4RK ONION, for the IRC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

In light of recent developments, I feel I must change my nomination for "best thread" to "The Jumpguy Thread".

I nominate Jumpy as the Best Jumpguy btw.

I nominate Jackobyte as Best Jumpguy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Jackobyte wrote: »

Poopsy-co host

Uhm :confused: :P

Is that some other Poopsy I don't know about? :pac:

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    Uhm :confused: :P

Is that some other Poopsy I don't know about? :pac:
    I haven't been active. I hadn't noticed that ye weren't as close as ye previously were.

Just realised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Ermmm...terrible weather we're having, isn't it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Namlub wrote: »
    Aye.

Perhaps we should have a best victim of the weather / ass-ring category in honour of Kate? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I haven't been active. I hadn't noticed that ye weren't as close as ye previously were.

Just realised.
    Namlub wrote: »

.......:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Aye.

Perhaps we should have a best victim of the weather / ass-ring category in honour of Kate? :pac:

I think I might have some competition now...
    Yep, cracked my head off a steel railing and...well...nothing for 10-15 minutes if you get me...

Ah, I'd vote for your ass over his head any day, Kate! :cool: :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Ah, I'd vote for your ass over his head any day, Kate! :cool: :pac:

O_o

To see which one you'd vote for, just flip a coin. Heads for Midnight, Tails for Kate! (How appropriate :P)

Perhaps "rather than" would have been slightly clearer. :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Okay so ermmm I guess thats the nominations part of it done, cheers for your nominating folks.

Without further a due Ill start making the polls, please gumdrops I do it properly..

Well it'll be a few mins coz I have to count up the nominations first :)
    Also I dont know if it applies to anything but the max you can have in a poll is 25 so if any category has only 25 nominees, well the person/people with the least will have to sit out, apologies.
    :)

Ohh BTW thanks for voting me as your host :P
    Forgot that part >.< Get ready for bad puns, One Direction obsessing, terrible spelling, etcetc :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Take your time with the threads, you don't need to get them all up and running tonight! :)
    Have a word with one of the mods so they can help you format the threads and polls and things like that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

deise_girl wrote: »
    Okay so ermmm I guess thats the nominations part of it done, cheers for your nominating folks.

Without further a due Ill start making the polls, please gumdrops I do it properly..

Well it'll be a few mins coz I have to count up the nominations first :)
    Also I dont know if it applies to anything but the max you can have in a poll is 25 so if any category has only 25 nominees, well the person/people with the least will have to sit out, apologies.
    :)

Ohh BTW thanks for voting me as your host :P
    Forgot that part >.< Get ready for bad puns, One Direction obsessing, terrible spelling, etcetc :)

For each poll instead of that weird atari jaguar thingy ma bob option, put in a name of a member of the band :P
    >>
    <<

...to be original like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Oh hai Denny!

Best Thread - Have you ever had depression
    Funniest poster - Craguls
    Best Taste in Music - Craguls
    Best Mod - Craguls
    Best Beard - Craguls
    Poster you'd least like to be stuck in a lift with - not Craig
    The Niceguy award for nicest poster - Craig
    Nerdiest Poster - Craguls
    Should be a couple - me and Craig
    Best newcomer - Craguls
    Best playpen intro - Craguls
    Best younger poster - Craguls
    Most creative poster Craig has a bass
    The Lifetime Achievement Award for services to C+H – Craguls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Interesting to discover so many people wouldn't enjoy a bit of my wonderfully interesting discourse in a "stuck in a lift" situation... I guess many people find being proven wrong annoying. :D
    Haven't been on here in a while (due to being busy with actual IRL debating and college stuff) but I'll give these a shot.

Categories:
    Host - Davidius

Best Thread - The pregnancy one
    Funniest poster - Davidius
    Best Taste in Music - Me, obviously. Aside from me, I suppose anyone but Noel is OK...
    Best Mod - Hmmm... IO left? Damn. I'll go for Ginja then, he's done nothing to annoy me.
    Best Beard - Emm...
    Poster you'd least like to be stuck in a lift with - EuropeanSon (being alone in lifts is awfully dull)
    The Niceguy award for nicest poster - Aoibheann
    Nerdiest Poster - Davidius
    Should be a couple - ??
    Best newcomer - Not quite sure who is a newcomer, being a newcomer and all... Timbuk2 maybe?
    Best playpen intro - ???
    Best younger poster - Jumpguy
    Most creative poster (art/music/drawing/baking/cooking/fashion/etc) - IO's blog is pretty interesting, otherwise IDK.. So Insect Overlord I guess.
    The Lifetime Achievement Award for services to C+H – Insect Overlord

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I would now like to add European Son (Or whatever manner it's spelled in) to my wouldn't like to be stuck in a lift with thing. Ktnx :)

Advertisement