Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Annoy You

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

When you're at a table in a café/canteen and someone sits down opposite and facing you when they take out their mobile phone and point it at you giving the impression you're being filmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Nolanger wrote: »
    When you're at a table in a café/canteen and someone sits down opposite and facing you when they take out their mobile phone and point it at you giving the impression you're being filmed?

Hope you are not on You Tube!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Paranoid people <_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Not a lot annoys me tbh. Maybe this weather or having to do the hoovering. I'm a happy spa most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Irish weather, the state of the country, the fcuks that got the country into this mess, people who are (constantly) far too jolly in work, lazy people, ingnorant people, those who drag their feet when walking, skangers, junkies, people happy to live on the dole, those who wear pyjamas in the street, nosey people, loud people, smelly people, racists, people who cough and sneeze without covering their mouth, idiots, idiots chatting in the cinema, x-factor, celebrity reality tripe tv, those who keep talking about x-factor day in day out, constantly seeing Rosanna Davison in the papers, still reading about Joe OReilly, Kathy French, Gerry Ryan etc, cold mornings, boy racers, noisey cars, waking too early, being woken too early, hangovers, bad drivers, dirty streets, Danny Dyer, Amanda Brunker, amateurishness of RTE, Friends, unfunny canned laughter shows such as 2 And A Half Men, smell of rhubarb, dry skin, spots, cold tea, warm milk, dirty cutlery in public places, public toilets, songs being repeated again and again, bad grammar and spelling, as mentioned before those who say like all the time, brussel sprouts, start of the work week, boring days, crap tv, all those loans / claims ads on digital tv, junk mail, dust, Roy Curtis in the Sunday World, Ronnie Whelan's ramblings in the Herald, Johnny Giles, vandalism, long bus journeys, being put on hold, greasy food, fast holidays, having to recharge gadgets every day, powercuts, busy weekend shopping, queues, day to day hazards, running out of time to do other things typing this lot out :D (plus a few more) :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

toobeyshaw wrote: »
    People who suddenly stop in the middle of the street so you end up walking into them

I believe they're referred to as meanderthals .

It's often hard not to push them into oncoming traffic.

Cauliflower Cheese.

The fact that my entire family think i should intervene any time anything that runs on any sort of current acts up even slightly.

People with no sense of irony.

People who think 'hoping for the best' is a life strategy.

Disorganised, selectively absent minded people who expect you to pick up their mess.
    (One of whom i'm related to).

Having to remind people over and over again that they haven't paid you back yet.

People who take offense when you refuse to lend them money because they haven't paid you back yet.

People who never shut the f*ck up.

People who are late for everything, but snap your nose off if you're five minutes late.

The kids across the road who stand motionless at my gate when i'm reversing out of my drive.

People who are obsessed with celebs of the opposite sex.
    They're products. Please try to understand.

Women who say they fancy Simon Cowell?

WTF?

Movie reboots. Star Trek = Mailbu Stacy hat.

...and especially the fact that right now i can't think of all the other things that annoy me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭LimerickDan

Anybody who uses terms such as "lol, lmfao or omg".

A fella said lol to me the other day and i hit him, not in the face but still.

Hate lolcats and that retarded internet speak.

Speak English no matter how retarded you speak the cat won't get any cuter!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭LimerickDan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SamSamSammy

Children.

Women who claim to like "nice men" but always end up with the nutter who treats them like crap, then they complain about being treated like crap. Duh.

Rain, wind, cold.

Early mornings.

People asking you to go places you don't want to.

Having to do family stuff you don't want to.

Bad hair days.

People who are different in groups than when on their own with you.

People who lie.

People who can't take a joke.

Two-faced people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

STIG83 wrote: »
    I dont get it myself, saw one place last year with cars queuing on the road waiting to get in!! Madness!!
    The most they would save be a few euro!!

So if someone was handing out free fivers, you wouldn't take one, but you'd think those who do are tools and idiots?

Novella wrote: »
    It annoys me when you're telling someone how you feel, or trying to have a conversation to sort out something that's bothering you and they don't answer, or tell you to 'Calm down'. People who think ignoring a problem is fixing it, basically.

Yea I know! The last time I found out I had contracted the ebola virus, on the same day as the bloody taliban kidnapped my favourite garden knome, while I spontaenously burst into flames, the person I was telling COMPLETELY ignored me, and then told me to "Calm down"! HOW INFURIATING:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

StereoLove wrote: »
    So, what are they?
    1. Uncertanity, any sort of a limbo
    2. Slow computers
    3. Slow Internet/network connections
    4. People who don't answer their mobile because they:
    a) turned the volume down 6 hours ago and forgotten to put it back up
    b) left in the car, handbag, office, etc

5. People with lack of any interests
    6. People who pretend to be someone they are not, to listen, to be interested, etc.
    7. Slow people
    8. Whining dogs
    9. Skangers
    10. Drivers who drive, park and act like total idiots
    11. Snotty f*cks
    12. Girls who think they are gorgeous, when they are...yhm, not.
    13. All items that fail when I need them most
    14. Ignorant cnuts who put their dirty shoes on the seats in Dart, despite the "Seats are not for feet" stickers, designed specially for ignorant cnuts like them.

/over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

People who stop and start texting in the middle of the street.

Bad drivers.

When my car doesn't start.

Valentines day.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭to99

* slow people at ATM machines- hurry up!!!

* (Have literally seen this) people getting off at the bottom of an escalator and stop, looking around to see where they want to go and the poor people behind them end up in a heap on the floor.

* lying customers.....oh the woes of retail. People look you dead in the eye, lie to you and dont think twice about the morality of it.

* drivers who don't indicate.

* people who walk 4 abreast on a pavement. Am i supposed to walk into the wall?

* people who say ''O(h)'' as a number when it is in fact a letter :pac:

People who say "sorry" and just try to plough through you. I dont move and just say "no you're not"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

After having to wake up early, you know? There's NO coffee in the teacher's lounge, and then you walk into the bathroom to just find a big dook laying there in the urinal! Like it's laughing at you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

newmug wrote: »
    People who say "sorry" and just try to plough through you. I dont move and just say "no you're not"

You sound lovely o_O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

to99 wrote: »
    * people who walk 4 abreast on a pavement. Am i supposed to walk into the wall?

That's what I do. Walk right into person 2 and 3. Wall breaks every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

bonerm wrote: »
    That's what I do. Walk right into person 2 and 3. Wall breaks every time.

I stay on my side and tense up my shoulder, if people aren't going to show some decency and give others space to walk on the pavement I'm not going to move an inch!:pac: Also when people stand talking in the middle of a path I make sure I walk right through the middle of everyone instead of going around!

Namlub wrote: »
    You sound lovely o_O

And you sound sarcastic! First of all, the "sorry" reeeeeeeeeeeally pisses me off. They're not one bit sorry:mad: Did their dog just die? Why would they be "sorry" for anything! We have fair city to blame for the popularisation of that abuse of the word. And then to just bull through you, making full bodily contact, dragging their bag or briefcase along your thighs as they force their way by you, and they think its alright cos they firstly said "sorry"? Ignorance:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭to99

Foreign students who wear massive Union Jack embellished handbags outsidE the GPO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

ppl venting there problems on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

newmug wrote: »
    And you sound sarcastic! First of all, the "sorry" reeeeeeeeeeeally pisses me off. They're not one bit sorry:mad: Did their dog just die? Why would they be "sorry" for anything! We have fair city to blame for the popularisation of that abuse of the word. And then to just bull through you, making full bodily contact, dragging their bag or briefcase along your thighs as they force their way by you, and they think its alright cos they firstly said "sorry"? Ignorance:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just punch them in the face, as long as you say "sorry" first its fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

People who say we're all to blame for the economic bubble bursting - and "we" voted Fianna Fáil in... no we didn't. Ireland has more than one political party.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

lazy people

people who don't tidy up after themselves

fina fail voters

in the supermarket when your behind someone at the till and they forgot to get something so disappear for 5 minutes looking it

x factor

crap irish television

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭George83

Quite a few things, but, living in England tops the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

mods closing a thread about the gulf stream and thinking its about the budget wtf :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Minor one here but my annoyance is DVD/Blurays that don't come in those standard plastic boxes. By this I'm talking about the ones that come in fancy cardboard boxes with slipcases and foldable toolbelt style disk-holders (invariably these are the type of case you get with a season of a tv show or perhaps a movie collection set) to 'special it up' etc.

Anyway I bloody hate them. I order all my Blurays online and more than half the time I get a non-plastic style ones I have to send the thing back for replacement because something is wrong with the box (eg disk holder teeth crushed, sleeved crushed or nicked, plastic not properly glued to cardboard etc etc. The list is endless). They're too fragile for transport or even to be useful generally.

The irony of the whole thing is that I understand that the die-hard collecters of DVD/Blurays actually PREFER these sort of carboard boxes and all but cream themselves when they hear their favourite movies are going to be released in these special cases! I dread them because I know a trip to the postman is just around the corner when I get a broken one. Just this week the Back to the Future Blurays arrived at my house and I was looking forward to sitting down and watch them until I saw the box had been crushed. I was crushed! :(

I wish everything just came in the typical plastic box. Would it be so hard? They even look nicer on a shelf when they're all the same size etc. I just don't see the point of em. :( Minor I know, but annoying.

Now I hate snow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

MD1990 wrote: »
    ppl venting there problems on Facebook

People who cannot differentiate between "there" and "their" !:D

• Advertisement

Those who say "are" instead of "our". Have even seen this typed / written :rolleyes:

Advertisement