Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

I started to cry reading this thread.

why cry and to be honest there is no point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Well I am holding on to the fact that I got inland snow on Friday while the likes of dunkineely 10 miles away got the coastal rain. I am inland if it attacks from the north I think. :) my hands are sore with all this clutching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

smokin ace wrote: »
    why cry and to be honest there is no point

Because I am running out of petrol and had to abandon my car because I could not get out of the estate.

Because the oil trucks cant get to the houses and the cold snap will continue and eventually I will run out of oil and myself and my three year old will freeze to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

which way is the wind blowing this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

irish1967 wrote: »
    Well I am holding on to the fact that I got inland snow on Friday while the likes of dunkineely 10 miles away got the coastal rain. I am inland if it attacks from the north I think. :) my hands are sore with all this clutching.

10120612_0512.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Because I am running out of petrol and had to abandon my car because I could not get out of the estate.

Because the oil trucks cant get to the houses and the cold snap will continue and eventually I will run out of oil and myself and my three year old will freeze to death.

Don't be so dramatic, anyway looks like a thaw should happen on Friday and during the weekend to some degree.

The oil men will get to your estate and if they can't you can use electrical heaters etc.

Sorry you are being inconvenienced and i wish you the best of luck.

10120612_0512.gif

My love for maquiladora grows with each passing chart :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

What a drama queen, jeeze grow a pair!

It is a pain in the hole at this stage but damn it you need to man the heck up, or find a man if you are a girl!

This event will probably be rain in Dublin CC and snow maybe out by Lucan/Tallafornia/Blanch and inland Wicklow as usual.
    I for one would welcome the rain, , I spent about an hour cleaning the frozen crap off my car this afternoon so i can get to work tomorrow morning. It is beautiful though and its not the end of the world .

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Don't be so dramatic, anyway looks like a thaw should happen on Friday and during the weekend to some degree.

The oil men will get to your estate and if they can't you can use electrical heaters etc.

Sorry you are being inconvenienced and i wish you the best of luck.

So people have another week of this crap?

How will people buy electrical heaters if they cant get to a shop to buy them?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Where are you based?

• Advertisement

Where are you? I am sure we could get a boardsie to ya... i have a heater you can have if you are near me.

look you knew the winter was coming and you over looked the fact that you need oil for to keep your house warm over winter what weather were you expecting for the winter so no one else is to blame for that but yourself and i dont think you should worry if your car has pertrol in it or not because if the oil lorry cant get to you to deliver oil to your house you should not be driving on the roads if they are that bad so you dont need to use the car

i dont understand why people cant be prepared for any weather winter brings

smokin ace wrote: »
    look you knew the winter was coming and you over looked the fact that you need oil for to keep your house warm over winter what weather were you expecting for the winter so no one else is to blame for that but yourself and i dont think you should worry if your car has pertrol in it or not because if the roads are that bad the oil lorry cant get to you to deliver oil to your house you should not be driving on the roads if they are that bad so you dont need to use the car

i dont understand why people cant be prepared for any weather winter brings

Because I was not prepared for MONTH Of this or for such an inept county council that doesnt grit roads. I am well used to harsher winters than this coming from the NE US but the incompetence of this country to take care of the roads and the safety of their citizens is really monumentally awful.

Event the taxis arent running. Last year the ambulences werent running.

Im fine for oil but eventually people wont be.

No one cant get here. I would not ask anyone to risk their lives on the ice rink. The neighbors even put up a road block because two cars got into accidents this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

Turn off the engine!:p

On a more serious note,

This weather is fantastic to a point,

but i'm now out of work as all the snow has my job buried (grass).

So with more snow possible i will have to find a way of making money from snow:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Because I was not prepared for MONTH Of this or for such an inept county council that doesnt grit roads. I am well used to harsher winters than this coming from the NE US but the incompetence of this country to take care of the roads and the safety of their citizens is really monumentally awful.

No one cant get here. I would not ask anyone to risk their lives on the ice rink. The neighbors even put up a road block because two cars got into accidents this morning.

Umm I know few people in Mayo and they say its too bad?

you sound like a drug dealer :D

No money in GRASS so you have to make money from SNOW !!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm finding the weather a pain in the hole at this stage but really enjoy extreme weather so I put up with it and found the threads great sources of info,my estate is still under snow and ice but have had oil lorries doing deliveries no problem so unless you live on a mountain in Wicklow you're gona be fine.The trick is to fill your oil tank early just in case-Winter comes every year.I also have an issue with people leaving taps running to stop pipes from freezing-did they not learn from the last big freeze? Lagging isn't expensive and they had all year to do it.It's not as if cold weather never happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

irish1967 wrote: »
    you sound like a drug dealer :D

No money in GRASS so you have to make money from SNOW !!

:p

I wish,
    Mite buy a bobcat skid steer and offer to clear estates and drive ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

its baltic out there tonight dancing on ice is what i would call the roads now and pathways alot of snow still on the roads,youd be a nut to be out in that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

I think the chances of significant snow tomorrow are pretty low. There could be appreciable amounts inland which may help road conditions there somewhat providing some grip for Tuesday morning for a while. However what concerns me is the prospect for even a little bit of rain on the East coast. This, of course, would be freezing rain which could make the commute extremely treacherous for both motorists and pedestrians.

As for tonight another iceing over is coming - be very careful outdoors - whether walking or driving.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

People, this rain event tomorrow will fall on well frozen ground.

It will be feckin lethal. Much of the country , Ulster excepted, will be a bloody skating rink by tomorrow afternoon :( Certainly the midlands and north Leinster, it willl be raining/snowing across the M4 corridor in the evening rush hour.

Hirlam shows it coming in around midday/afternoon our time.

sadu24.png

And the hospitals are full already.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

What do ye think of the possiblility of snow in Cork city? We've got feck all so far, just a bit last Tuesday. It's sickening to be hearing about how Dublin and places are getting a foot of snow whereas we just have frost! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Whats going on Met EI predicting no more snow, same with MT and now on the news just there we can expect more snow

Come on Blizzard - hit Limerick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Hey people, only seeing this potential harzardous event for 2moro now as i been in work the weekend, I have a college exam 2moro, half 6 bells in the city center..... I think i should leave extra early specially if its gonna fall as freezing rain... anyone concure? :)

preparation is the key my estate is also frozen up i was not in work all last week but i am prepared for the winter i bought a bag of coal every week during the summer i currently have 15 bags i bought timber and spend one Saturday every month sawing and chopping it up i have a big shed full of sticks i have all my christmas shopping done so the kids will be happy come christmas day
    people have to be prepared for what the winter can throw at them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

Am sick to the bollox of this weather we already live in a depressing country as it is without these unprecedented conditions you can't do anything only sit in the house and anyone who thinks its great is deluded who really need to get out more thats my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

francie81 wrote: »
    Am sick to the bollox of this weather we already live in a depressing country as it is without these unprecedented conditions you can't do anything only sit in the house and anyone who thinks its great is deluded who really need to get out more thats my opinion.

What are you doing here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

I started to cry reading this thread.

Don't cry.

There is a good chance that your tears could fall as snow in the coming days, or at the very least hail. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

francie81 wrote: »

Football Manager is your friend!! - Seriously you wont ever have to leave the house (well only to get food and thats about it)

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    What are you doing here!

Venting my opinion as I believe thats the logic of here!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement