Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Continues - Discussion here ( All Ireland ) - 3/12/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Have you ever seen freezing rain? Worse than snow for underfoot conditions.

jerry i wouldn't waste energy on this obviously immature muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭Speak Now

homolumo wrote: »
    as Mick said one of the experts will have to explain what is happening here in Waterford? Conditions seem right for snow but tis raining on my lovely snow.

Similar to Christmas day last year the uppers are not so cold and also a mix maritime air from the coast. This won't melt anything and will probably make the roads worse :( Few miles north of here will be snow. Freezing rain for us, might change though if it gets heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭hblock21

Snowing in Thurles since 9am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mcclown

Check it out, funny http://www.daft.ie/2988262

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Seems like it may miss west dublin and the CC altogether. A thin little 'path' has opened up in the front that seems to be right in line for the CC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭eigrod

Nothing in Greystones yet.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Air temp -0.6C, with light snow in Ashbourne, flakes are however quite large and "traditional" snow shape rather than the graupel that's been most of the fall in recent days. Not sure what time it started, sometime after 0400 <g>.

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Snowing again on Carlow Kilkenny border

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Oak Park at -6C for 10am, the warmest areas are at +6C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Archeron

Snowing heavily in Trim, Co Meath, has been for an hour. And its the soft fluffy snow, not the little evil balls of ice that we've been getting all week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Folks, those of you who are in North County Dublin .... will that shower affect the airport?
    I'm due to be flying out this afternoon but will be cancelling if the flight is delayed. How heavy/light/bad is the snow out that direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

LookingFor wrote: »
    Seems like it may miss west dublin and the CC altogether. A thin little 'path' has opened up in the front that seems to be right in line for the CC.
    there must be another i.o.m somewhere:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Well I've given up enjoy the snow who ever has it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kerrz

Snowing in Dundalk for the last hour. Changes between light and heavy flakes intermittently ...Love the snow :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Similar to Christmas day last year the uppers are not so cold and also a mix maritime air from the coast. This won't melt anything and will probably make the roads worse :( Few miles north of here will be snow. Freezing rain for us, might change though if it gets heavier.

Thanks Jerry for explaining that. Its only a light drizzle here in Waterford City and as you said it might change later. Temp -1.2 DP -2.2

Temp watch @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Epic fail in Galway overnight. Did anything fall at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Heroditas wrote: »
    Folks, those of you who are in North County Dublin .... will that shower affect the airport?
    I'm due to be flying out this afternoon but will be cancelling if the flight is delayed. How heavy/light/bad is the snow out that direction?

i'm Donabate, about 10 mins from the airport as the crow flies and not snowing here at all. Roads are pretty dicey but passable with car. Bear in mind though that i'm much closer to the coast than the airport so that may make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Cloudy up here. Not threatening to snow any time soon. Shame on me for believing Met Éireann I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Still snowing in Kilkenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Can you imagine if the wind changed from NW to NE all of a sudden ( i know, it's not going to happen) BUT CAN YOU IMAGINE !!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Just kicking off here in Donabate. A few flakes and the sky's looking very grey indeed.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Bit heavier in Lusk now, by no means whiteout though and I can see a clearing in the sky.

I'll take streamers over this any feckin day!

Edit - good bit heavier now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

started snowing about 20 minutes ago in Dunshaughlin but it is mostly light to moderate and not really gonna amount to much more than a dusting because it looks like the front is badly fragmented in our direction and already were nearly through it. Very dissapointing this turned out to be. We've seen more snow out of a 2 minute streamer. These will propably be the last flakes we'll see fall of this cold spell in the east as it should be very dry after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Nothing in Lucan.
    Sky's fairly bright.

And as I type this few, v.v. light flurries/rain is starting to appear...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Epic fail in Galway overnight.

Been there before. It's an epic fail all right. Don't know what it's creators were up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Starting to rain a bit in Cork now.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

Looks like it's clouding over in Crumlin...snow on it's way?!:confused:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

daveee wrote: »
    anyone know what the road is like from ratoath to the m2 heading for dublin?

Not been out yet today, as of last night, and there's been no significant falls since, the roads around Ashbourne were being kept clear by a contractor with a snowplough, so they should be passable with care still. Most of the main roads, some of the R routes and some of the minor roads were all being cleared, and the roads to and in Ratoath were also being dealt with

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

We're still getting light snow in Shercock/Kingscourt, Cavan. Looks like the end bits according to www.raintoday.co.uk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

Anyone know what the bus situation is around cork city?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement