Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork - Live at the Marquee - 2011

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

evilivor wrote: »
    It's a long walk from the Maldron, 30/40 mins walk say. Get a cab from hotel and they will take you pretty much to the door.

Thanks for that.:)

F.

mars bar wrote: »
    I'm staying in the Maldron too for the Elton John concert. I booked in there coz I was told it was near the venue! :rolleyes:

Anyway, just glad I have a place to stay albeit an expensive one...
    Ah, €75 for two for the night ain't bad. Looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

So, how was Paul Simon the other night? And Bryan Adams last night? Anyone been?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I could hear mr Adams last night up at the house and he did sound quiet impressive, heard he was suppose to be great..He is the first band as such I have heard at home

Milly33 wrote: »
    I could hear mr Adams last night up at the house and he did sound quiet impressive, heard he was suppose to be great..He is the first band as such I have heard at home

When the Prodigy played there I was out running along the Rochestown-Passage old railway walk and I could have sworn I heard bass boom from them..makes sense, the Marquee is only a few miles as the crow flies from Rochestown.

Just seen on youtube he got some girl up from the audience up to sing 'When You're Gone' with him...looked like it was good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Bryan Adams was absolutely brilliant last night, hope he comes back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

So, how was Paul Simon the other night? And Bryan Adams last night? Anyone been?

Paul Simon was fantastic. He'd got great reviews from the day before for Vicar Street. He just puts the full effort in to it. 9 person band, 23 guitars, instuments i'd never seen before and a bunch of spoons hanging by strings (I could play them).

He is 70 this year and his voice is still fantastic, he doesn't hold back from the high notes and even still, plays his old songs like slip sliding, with great feeling. His new album is excellant and I fully recommend it. We got to the railing which was great because there was always something going on with the band. Each band member played loads of instruments, at one stage everybody including BOTH the drummers were playing guitar.

I always feel sad leaving these gigs, never sure if you'll see them play again.

I'm probably a fan. I only went to get there early for Jedward :D

Here is a clip from my phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdo5j5I9_gU

Wooohooo, 500 posts!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Ah, €75 for two for the night ain't bad. Looks nice.

€95 for the night of the Elton concert...

It does look nice alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

not long back from IMELDA MAY and she was brilliant Have to say though at times the sound was very muffled dont know was it the music too loud or the sound system , even so she put on a great show would go again!!!

Ah she was brilliant. Best value for money in a long time. The wife wanted to see her, so I tagged along. Man, does she have some voice and stage presence.
    And her backing band - superb.

First time at the Marquee and I have to say that you Cork folk have it off to a T. Take a bow!:D

We'll be back, and on a side note - don't forget the Waterford Tall Ships Festival from June 30th to July 3rd. You'll have a blast!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 yahoomac

this year the frames bryan adams and paul simon christy moore and the great imelda may roll on live at the marquee 2012:cool:

yahoomac wrote: »
    this year the frames bryan adams and paul simon christy moore and the great imelda may roll on live at the marquee 2012:cool:

are all the gigs over now?

NO IM heading to ELTON JOHN tomorrow night :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

yahoomac wrote: »

Still Elton, Bollix1 and Jedward to come.

just back from the ELTON JOHN show and what a show wow brilliant , Thought that there was going to be no show when elton walked off the stage twice as his piano wasnt working properly but he came on and blew me away!!!!Brilliant venue!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AinsFlynn

What a show last night!! Elton rocked the Marquee and took his music to a whole different level!! You could see in his face and in the faces of the band that they were loving the show, just like the last time he played the Marquee. Oh what a night!! I would go back to the Marquee again tomorrow to see him!! Sir Elton, please come back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AinsFlynn

:D
    Here are two videos that I took last night at the gig, one is better quality than the other because I had two different cameras

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioqJnm6PjIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M9R07zfip0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Anyone heading to Bell X1 Fri night?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

tommy21 wrote: »
    Anyone heading to Bell X1 Fri night?

Yup.

Advertisement