Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork - Live at the Marquee - 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

leahyl wrote: »
    Eh what are you on about?:confused:

I think what he was trying to say was that if you did not want to go see Lil Wayne then the people who did were not gonna have any reflection on your life whatsoever! Basically what difference should it make to you if the gig was on or not if you had no intentions of going.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

akamossy wrote: »
    I think what he was trying to say was that if you did not want to go see Lil Wayne then the people who did were not gonna have any reflection on your life whatsoever! Basically what difference should it make to you if the gig was on or not if you had no intentions of going.

Last time i checked people were entitled to an opinion on this thread. Plenty of people have been giving out about the quality of the acts this year. I was merely agreeing with a post made by someone else saying "thank God for that" when they heard Lil Wayne had been cancelled. Why did CorkMan pick up on my post in particular???

Some people get so tetchy on this site it's ridiculous. If i had seen a comment like the one I made (and I'm very sorry if it caused offence:rolleyes:) from someone else (about an act i like) it wouldnt even have occured to me to respond cos it's THEIR opinion.

Also I would have thought the big grinning face next to it would have been enough to portray the light hearted nature of the post....obv not...I rest my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rosietobes

that's what I was saying, I think you will have no problem moving from your seat into the standing area, seems like the sensible approach for a show like this.

Enjoy the gig, I've seen him before and he's excellent, a true musician but the ticket price is so damn high, €77 for a standing ticket:eek:

That's cool, thanks! I've seen him twice before. Yeah, the ticket prices are very high, but he's 70 this year, might be one of the last time's I get to see him!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Jedward are also expected to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Saturday July 2nd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Jedward? If you PAID me money to go see them I wouldn't.

Literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

the race to the bottom has officially ended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Any chance of either Primal Scream or The Specials?

Grinderman gig cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭mountain

evilivor wrote: »
    Grinderman gig cancelled.

very disapointing, any reason why?

• Advertisement

mountain wrote: »
    very disapointing, any reason why?

I'd say total lack of interest. Dublin gig is going ahead the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

I have booked 2 different shows at the marquee this year I think its a great venue so up close and very personal, Am looking forward to the nights !!! My claim to fame was being at the BOYZONE s last shpw at the marquee their last show ever as 5 before steven died and they rocked the house that night!!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Fredrica

Hi, I'm going to Westlife's concert at Live At The Marquee in Cork on 9 July 2011. I need a ride back to Dublin afterwards. I can pay around 80 euros in compensation to the person helping me. Let me know if you know someone who can!

Hi, I'm going to Westlife's concert at Live At The Marquee in Cork on 9 July 2011. I need a ride back to Dublin afterwards. I can pay around 80 euros in compensation to the person helping me. Let me know if you know someone who can!

try asking a third time Fredrica :)

try asking a third time Fredrica :)

I'm new here so be nice! ;)

Fredrica wrote: »

You might be best staying in Cork in a hostel that night and getting bus back to Dublin the following day all would cost cheaper than 80 euros

You might be best staying in Cork in a hostel that night and getting bus back to Dublin the following day all would cost cheaper than 80 euros

But I need to be back i dublin at 08,00 the next morning and that´s impossible with public transports. So i realy need a ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

mm what date are they playing then

Milly33 wrote: »
    mm what date are they playing then

9 July

• Advertisement

Fredrica wrote: »
    But I need to be back i dublin at 08,00 the next morning and that´s impossible with public transports. So i realy need a ride.

Westlife have already played 4 dates in O2 Dublin I dont know if many will be coming down to Cork to see them again but you never know so good luck

Owen Pallett added as support to Fleet Foxes show.

Is there any rap/hip hop artist this year?

Flo Rida and 50 Cent are playing in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Hopefully not :D More Rock/Metal would be class though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Would be nice if Eminem played, but I doubt he will. Those freaks who cuts their wrists shouldn't get tickets at all.

Katherine Lynch show for June 18th cancelled.

evilivor wrote: »
    Katherine Lynch show for June 18th cancelled.

obviously due to poor ticket sales, sure who on earth would pay to see her...awful stuff.

Has anyone sold out so far this year?

Has anyone sold out so far this year?

isn't the bauld Elton John sold out??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

this year brian adams and tom jones
    previous years
    elton john , fantastic
    lionel richie , so so