Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Anyone planning on pulling an allnighter to track the progress of that front coming in from the West? Will it be rain...will it be snow... :pac:

Tempted..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Anyone planning on pulling an allnighter to track the progress of that front coming in from the West? Will it be rain...will it be snow... :pac:

tempted but no, as I posted on the other thread it will be great for weather watchers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

Ginny wrote: »
    Jesus are you ok?
    Is there anyone close to drop in to you?
    Is the electricity working at all?

electricity is working, just don't have heat or water :eek:

I've the oven on with the door open though so I'm using that to heat the room... if only I could bring the oven into my bedroom!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Walked from Dublin City Centre (5 mile journey home) as I literally couldn't get the car out of the car park. In Rathgar my saving grace pulled up beside me...a double decker bus. The driver got us to Templeogue and we all walked from there. I have to say the guys and girls driving the busses deserve a medal they really are daredevils to be out doing what they are doing.

The snow really is incredibly deep in Dublin 6 and all round.

I have to say there was a great sense of satisfaction helping motorists in Rathmines and it was much appreciated when that woman gave us a beep after we got her Suzuki Swift over Portobello bridge!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Im doing the all Nighter , not a bloody flake in Newbridge this evening , Im becoming desperate !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

So tempting . . .:P I might!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Anyone planning on pulling an allnighter to track the progress of that front
    Why not?

Longford based

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

KilOit wrote: »
    Would look pretty cool throwing bags of blood on the snow, would look like a massacre, or you could just give it to people that need it, both good options.

You started to think about that post as you were typing it. Your first option is actually a load of disrespectful bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

I'd say abandon ship and go to a neighbour the house will still be there in the morning can't believe any burglars will be out and about tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Cabra

I've the oven on with the door open though so I'm using that to heat the room... if only I could bring the oven into my bedroom!

I've been there - know how it feels - get the hot water bottles out and every warm item of clothing you can find

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

why do people think the front coming from the west will bring snow

seamus wrote: »
    I missed that one. Unfortunately I was gestating at the time.

My mother reckons this is as bad as '82. She recalled supermarkets rationing their supplies because deliveries couldn't get around - one loaf of bread per person and such. Obviously our transport infrastructure is (marginally) better now.

This is nothing like '82.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Bring your bed into the kitchen!

maringo wrote: »
    What's that got to do with weather?

The brazzer was cold and desperately seeking work in the snowy conditions. Very weather related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 timmy89

Confab wrote: »
    You need something I believe Australians call a 'dunny'.

Brilliant! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

Is there any snow coming to limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Poly wrote: »
    Anyone remember the "big snow" of '82?

Yep. Think 82 was worse in that it wasn't really predicted and it came with a lot of wind which meant a lot more drifting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

Cliona99 wrote: »
    Bring your bed into the kitchen!

OMG you are actually a genius!!! That didn't even dawn on me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Mech1

Last year we had a separate thread where people with suitable transport offered their services to other people who where in need, free of charge. Any chance we can get that thread restarted? There seems to be a need for it after reading the last few pages.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭limbovski

What are the chances of snow in the early hours at the airport?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

Hurrah - just received word that there's a new baby in our family. Born in the Big Snow of 2010 - what a claim to fame :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

I'll be here all night watching

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

no snow the last two or three hours whats going on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Vudgie wrote: »
    Walked from Dublin City Centre (5 mile journey home) as I literally couldn't get the car out of the car park. In Rathgar my saving grace pulled up beside me...a double decker bus. The driver got us to Templeogue and we all walked from there. I have to say the guys and girls driving the busses deserve a medal they really are daredevils to be out doing what they are doing.

!!
    Yes a colleague of mine walking to Finglas was picked up by a Bus Eireann driver going to Ashbourne and he gave her a lift some of the way in the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Nicki123 wrote: »
    Hurrah - just received word that there's a new baby in our family. Born in the Big Snow of 2010 - what a claim to fame :)
    They should call him/her....THUNDERSNOW

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Since this snow started, I can't get my girlfriend away from the window.

If it gets any worse, I'll have to let her in

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bev

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

Nicki123 wrote: »

Are they going to call him/her Sneachta ? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Considering for most in the midlands and east the precip won't start till daybreak probrably not the best idea if you want to see the fruit of your night's work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Snow in the oven to melt it, throw it in the kettle and boil it up. Hot water! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement