Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

keithgeo wrote: »
    if you havent seen this on the bargain thread, check it out.

any mario 3ds\ds\wii game from a list and a 3ds mario statue holder for 19.99! 2 Euro delivery. its a great deal..

http://www.gamestop.ie/Bundle/Configure/180

Wow. Cheers for that!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Was going to keep this for myself but going to open it to the floor as I can't afford it now!
    A Blue DSi XL for €80, not bad, GS are selling them preowned for €120 so a €40 saving.
    http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-dsixl-blue/1740720

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Hey guys which of the saturn models is better to pick up. Never had a saturn before, just looking for a pal version for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

keithgeo wrote: »
    if you havent seen this on the bargain thread, check it out.

any mario 3ds\ds\wii game from a list and a 3ds mario statue holder for 19.99! 2 Euro delivery. its a great deal..

http://www.gamestop.ie/Bundle/Configure/180

Oh God thats torn it, I went and bought the statue and Mario Kart 7, only problem being I haven't gotten around to buying the 3DS yet, must sort that out so!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The point where you realise you have a problem, getting games for a system you dnt have yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The point where you realise you have a problem, getting games for a system you dnt have yet.

You should put up a facebook page for that! :p

I bet there's a lot of others that share that pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Depending on how much it will cost to get my bike fixed it could get ordered tomorrow, I think I might have done it to give myself a little push :D.

Kolido wrote: »
    Hey guys which of the saturn models is better to pick up. Never had a saturn before, just looking for a pal version for now.

Easy to know retro is not around, as I say he would of NTSC'd this question.

Koliodo I think the general opinion is to get a Japanese model and just get a 4in 1 action replay cart for it as well. You can play any region game on the system, pick up cheaper jap versions and play them at NTSC speed. Just need a step down or a pal psu to power it.
    If your looking to get a pal version I think the oval button model is easier to mod, now I could be wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Easy to know retro is not around, as I say he would of NTSC'd this question.

Koliodo I think the general opinion is to get a Japanese model and just get a 4in 1 action replay cart for it as well. You can play any region game on the system, pick up cheaper jap versions and play them at NTSC speed. Just need a step down or a pal psu to power it.
    If your looking to get a pal version I think the oval button model is easier to mod, now I could be wrong there.

The oval buttoned one is more difficult to mod and modchips are no longer available for them.
    The 50/60Hz mod on the PAL model 2 consoles in not 'that' difficult and having to mod a PAL one outweight the cost of shipped a NTSC unit from Japan I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Decided to sell on my 'carbon cab' to make room and funds available for some new purchases. Wasn't sure whether to post here or in the dreamers thread but sure we'll see :)

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/bartop-arcade-cabinet/1760424

• Advertisement

The oval buttoned one is more difficult to mod and modchips are no longer available for them.
    The 50/60Hz mod on the PAL model 2 consoles in not 'that' difficult and having to mod a PAL one outweight the cost of shipped a NTSC unit from Japan I reckon.

Ah I knew it was one of the that was easier to mod.:p
    I got my jp Saturn from Europe for a nice price so I didn't even think of postage costs from Japan.

I've a quick query for the Retroists that have bought from Japan in the past,
    and got a tracking number for Japan post.

Does anyone know which countries the package will go through in between japan and Ireland?

And if I can track the package using these countries postal service website?

(Outside of Japan post and An Post obviously.)

I'm thinking it will arrive in a central location in europe, probably Germany, or at the else in the UK first.

Thank you!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

waveform wrote: »
    I've a quick query for the Retroists that have bought from Japan in the past,
    and got a tracking number for Japan post.

Does anyone know which countries the package will go through in between japan and Ireland?

And if I can track the package using these countries postal service website?

(Outside of Japan post and An Post obviously.)

I'm thinking it will arrive in a central location in europe, probably Germany, or at the else in the UK first.

Thank you!

Most of the stuff I've bought has landed in France at some point, due to there usually being a stamp in French on the package. I'd imagine if you put in the tracking number on the Japan post website it'll tell you where it is, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Indeed, try the track and trace here.

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/index.html

I was talking about tracking it on websites outside of An Post and Japan post though.

I think ye must have read my post wrong.

Will Japan post show it arrived in France do ye think, or would I have to check it on the French Post site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I was talking about tracking it on websites outside of An Post and Japan post though.

Will Japan post show it arrived in France do ye think, or would I have to check it on the French Post site?

I think it should track it all the way, including different countries...unless/until the tracking number changes. That happened me before, I never knew it could happen or even why but it landed at my door with a completely different tracking number than started out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

On a semi-related net, it's worth checking package tracking from the USA. My copies of Game Center CX and Raiden Fighters Aces were sent from the USA to Ireland via Sweden! :eek::confused:

Cheers. Via Sweden is funny sounding alright Pyongy!

Maybe they were pining for the fjords or something? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Lord knows, I have no idea why it was sent via Sweden. That said, maybe because it hit Sweden first I didn't collared for it. :confused:

Got stacks of DSLR and CD albums this week. Bit more DSLR stuff to come over the next week or so, but gaming wise I'm tapped out now. My capital is thus tied up for a private offshore investment initiative in Japan 3 weeks exactly from today.

Actually, this exact time in 3 weeks I'll be somewhere in the air over Belgium perhaps. :D

461b132275a3c09efebd7df5889e33456e22c245_m.jpg

Master of the Universe

eh!? so you think you have to check it on the postage website of the countries it may land in? hah! you mad!

the point of origin is where you track it from. the whole way.

when it reaches ireland, check the anpost website to see where it is in the country.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »

when it reaches ireland, check the anpost website to see where it is in the country.

Thats what I would normally do alright.

Once the tracking info comes up on An Post's site I don't I've ever went back to the original post site!

So youre right on all the info appearing on the first post site I'd say.

Now with courier, I would just use the one site obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I dropped the price of the Nintendo iQue with extras to 80 Euro if anyones interested.

http://www.adverts.ie/1745949

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Pyongyang wrote: »
    On a semi-related net, it's worth checking package tracking from the USA. My copies of Game Center CX and Raiden Fighters Aces were sent from the USA to Ireland via Sweden! :eek::confused:
    Still doesnt beat my Scotland-> Peru-> Germany->Dublin Megadrive though :)

Steve SI wrote: »
    I dropped the price of the Nintendo iQue with extras to 80 Euro if anyones interested.

http://www.adverts.ie/1745949

I don't need three as clearly the most iQue a person needs is two.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

:pac:

It's true, two is just the right amount of iQue goodness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Thanks guys for the advice. Think I might go with the pal model2 and get modded.

Master of the Universe

I've a spare PAL version 1 console knocking about that I've been trying to find a home for if you're interested in going for that model.

Be hard to get a mod chip for it, but you'd still be able to fit a 60hz switch easily enough.

Master of the Universe

And only an 80% VGA grade too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement