Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Chat/ Discussion - Colder air returning Today/More Snow - 30/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

darkman2 wrote: »
    Temp and dew points plummeting on the east coast, already there is snow falling here in the IFSC.

Ever get the feeling something epis is on the way ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

ok got about 3mins of sticking heavy snow about 45mins ago and a serious influx of seagulls:D, radar looks savage, heavy clouds but nothing since our first fall sneachta.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

darkman2 wrote: »
    Temp and dew points plummeting on the east coast, already there is snow falling here in the IFSC.

Where are you getting the readings from?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭kingshankly

here in Louth I had 4 inches plus the 8 I was expecting I now have none, my maths was never great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

What does DP mean?
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Anything in Palmerstown?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Get up a

May get to shovel some snow yet :D

137348.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Spindle wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if it is still snowing in Cork City? It started snowing after I had left for work. It was fairly big heavy stuff at the time.

It has stopped up the northside but i see heavy clouds to the southside

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Co.Waterford report: Some snow arrived here around 3:49am, The later again around 8:45am, now we have even more snow on the ground, and it defo looks like it somehow.

Also feckin Just started rainin earlier, ughhhh , **** off rain!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

My dodgy little thermometer in the garden is now saying -2 compared to -1 half an hour ago , probably not accurate but at least it's dropping :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    a lot of snow falling in parts of west Dublin right now!! The temperature has even dropped in Portmarnock.:D:D:D:D

Was 4C at 7:30 this morning! Whats it now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Can anyone tell me if it is still snowing in Cork City? It started snowing after I had left for work. It was fairly big heavy stuff at the time.

Stopped. Nice covering though. More on the way looking at radars.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Defcol wrote: »
    Where are you getting the readings from?

I have no access to readings right now but your gonna feel this air when it comes inland! M2 buoy showing a .7C drop in temp and dew point falling - 0.9C at 11 o'clock. Fine powder snow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

SnowY32 wrote: »
    ok got about 3mins of sticking heavy snow about 45mins ago and a serious influx of seagulls:D, radar looks savage, heavy clouds but nothing since our first fall sneachta.

ya wheres this snow that was coming again 10mins after the first snowfall :(

i think its some snow is coming to waterford soon gain..

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

John2009 wrote: »
    It has stopped up the northside but i see heavy clouds to the southside

Looking at the radar there is loads of snow just south of the city, a push of wind will bring it back in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MB1380

Nope, it stopped after 20 mins. Big cloud just off the south coast just missing us now. looks like there is one going to hit in half an hour or so hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Thaw on here in Craughwell, Galway. No complaints, got a great bucketing this morning, have our snowman built and a day off school but its all drip drip dripping away now.

Have looked through the thread but cant find anyone reporting thaw in the midlands - can anyone report on this? Momma wants to drive from Dublin to Galway this afternoon - AA continue wth warnings for almost evverywhere even though the main road (N6) is fine here now.

UPDATE: Sleety kind of snow falling, and little hailstones falling on roof, only little ones

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

This will teach the nay sayers to turn there back on the snow !

Too the amount of people on here this morning banging on about what a bunch of tools the met are :p:p:p:p:p

Kinda looking forward to watching Frank Spencer AKA Gerry Murphy giving a report later on today .

Getting a little lighter here now

Temp 0.8

Dp-0.3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Its after getting pretty windy here all of a sudden, in small rural area called Killanne outside Enniscorthy. We had snow fall between 9.30 and 10.00 bur not much since. PLEASE send more snow!!

My dodgy little thermometer in the garden is now saying -2 compared to -1 half an hour ago , probably not accurate but at least it's dropping :D

Actually , feck that , it's - 1 again, probably drooped because of the hail (killester) .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Looking at the radar there is loads of snow just south of the city, a push of wind will bring it back in :D

living up by the airport, no snow since. starting to see a slight deterioration of the whiteness :(

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

MB1380 wrote: »
    Nope, it stopped after 20 mins. Big cloud just off the south coast just missing us now. looks like there is one going to hit in half an hour or so hopefully

I am out in Ballincollig now and it is getting darker at the moment, so that might be it moving in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Sleety, Icy muck in D4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

This will teach the nay sayers to turn there back on the snow !

Too the amount of people on here this morning banging on about what a bunch of tools the met are :p:p:p:p:p

Kinda looking forward to watching Frank Spencer AKA Gerry Murphy giving a report later on today .

Getting a little lighter here now

Temp 0.8

Dp-0.3

Huh? they forecast big snows last night in the east, then backtracked in the 9 o clock forecast to sleet/rain.

We never questioned it would turn colder today with snow returning or that it wouldn't snow inland.

The plain truth was, their initial forecast for last night and this morning was simply wrong, while the 9pm forecast was correct.

Some of this sleet, hopefully will turn into snow.. hmmm

Light snowflakes in killester as opposed to hail 15 mins ago, clouds seem to be moving in from Irish sea , hope it gets heavier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

A lot of clear blue sky over DCU, but thunder as well...Dunno whats coming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Girrrrseach

Thunder (\m/) & sleet in Finglas!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement